1/18 Latte PMPS-178 (and vomit),+.75-131, +1.25-177

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by carolynandlatte, Jan 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

yesterday
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2918&p=28725#p28725

Latte hung out in the green most of the night, not giving momma much sleep.
    +2- 102
    +3- 109
    +5.25- 97
    +6.5 - 84
    +7.25- 76
    +8- 89

this is the lowest ps Ive shot in the a.m. :eek: Had to do it, to see what would happen since I will be home to monitor. A few times I have shot something close to this. Half the time she stayed blue. The others she bordered on a dose decrease. Only time will tell which of the three directions she will go! I will admit, I am a bit nervous...mainly about food intake helping her through anything low.

She ate a little kibble in the few hrs of sleep I had. She is doing her typical morning tease by eating a few licks, walking away, few licks, walking away...*sigh* She looks pretty good and left a nice 3incher for me! :lol:

She is currently very interested and persistent in getting the closet door open, because it is apparently more interesting in the closet than anywhere else in the house. :roll:

Looks like another day of napping around here..........

2. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 1/18 Latte AMPS- 158

Morning,

I know it's scary to shoot greens, but it's the best way to ensure she stays in comfortable green, with the potential of OTJ.

Just a question, you wrote that you are feeding her kibble - may I ask why? Are you aware that you can leave wet food out overnight and it's still grazing worthy.

And if you need a confidence booster on shooting green - check out Maui's ss - it's how we played the game most of the time. Yes, I was scared each time, but I did it anyway... :)

3. carolynandlatte

Morning Hillary-

Few answers and insight - Latte vomits (ibd/lymphoma, pancreatitis, crf). She is just coming off a BAD week of vomiting and not eating...lower numbers are a little risky in her case. She is a steroid induced diabetic and still on a steroid...not aiming to go OTJ. Just to keep her below RT and safe at the same time.

Kibble - She is old and ill...she is not a predictable eater. She can have what she wants. She is offered wet food MANY times/day and encouraged to eat it. Most days its 50/50 wet/kibble. Sometimes more kibble and sometimes all wet. The most important thing for me is that she eats something.

4. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

Understood. I figured you knew all this, but you know, I just had to ask, as I don't know all of Latte's history.

5. carolynandlatte

Re: 1/18 Latte AMPS- 158, +2-101

She has had bigger drops than this into lower territory and not been so active (and darn pushy to get into that closet! cat(2)_steam ). I really hope that this is a sign she is feeling better! She has been hanging in some good numbers the last 24hrs, so that has to help a bit. She did finish almost the entire 3 oz can of wellness, too! :thumbup

She shut down a little bit after fluids and medicine, as she has quietly retreated to her throne. The new medicine is such a bummer for her. :cry: Imagine being made to drink pure salt water. Thats how it tastes (yes, I have tasted it!)

Btw- closets are off limits to her, in case you were wondering. Partly due to me not wanting to relive the weeks she would not come out when she was so sick. But also because she will stay in there FOREVER...she will not remember to come out and eat, and I will never get her out for meds. She has one or two cozy or 'darker' spaces I set up for her that allow me to still see and have access to her when needed.

6. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

Nice numbers, nice BOS, nice poo report, and nice Latte report! She is so brave to be taking the nasty medicine.

7. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Glad you will be home with her today Carolyn....
    sounds like an interesting morning there. She is such a Trooper...
    and YOU are such a good Mama Bean! :YMHUG:

8. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I'm hoping you get one of those lovely flatter Lantus curves today with Latte surfing in the blue-green range. I also hope her antics with the closet door is a sign she's feeling a bit better.

9. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

In reply to your question in my condo....
    I called
    Animal Poison control at 1-888-426-4435

The recorded message said to have your credit card ready for a $65 charge...so I fumbled and had my card right there...but didn't need it...
    A doctor answered and took my information and then began telling me all about philodendrons not causing long term damage. She was soooo nice and very informative. We were both concerned that he wasn't eating and she said that IF he didn't eat and his numbers dropped, she was worried about hypo.
    (with some poisonings, you don't want them to eat or vomit...so it is important to know what poison it is and then the antidote)
    She assured me that eating was ok for him in this case. Said that I sounded as if I had a handle on his FD and to just watch his numbers if he didn't eat.
    If I had to go to the Emergency vet, all they would do would be to hook him up with IV dextrose if his numbers got low...but no treatment for the philodendron leaf....so I was relieved and then he began to eat a little after I gave him a teaspoon of gravy via syringe....

IF I needed to go to the emergency vet, they would then call her and I would then have to pay the charge of $65.
    She gave me a temporary case number to use if things got so bad that I needed to bring him in. I received information that helped me deal with the situation without having to pay the fee so that was really wonderful. I called back yesterday to thank her but another doctor answered. He brought up the case number and then thanked me for calling back.

I am not sure where this center was located...have you had experiences with it yourself?

10. Nancy & Bee

Nancy & Bee Member

Re: 1/18 Latte AMPS- 158, +2-101, +3.25-88

Hope Latte keeps up the appetite & you get some nice nappie time together. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Don't get too creative with those greens Latte. Your bean needs a break! :YMHUG:

11. Linda and Bear Man

I have called them. That's the ASPCA Poison Control. In my case, they took my payment before they would give advice (Teddy swallowed my vitamin pill).

http://www.aspca.org/pet-care/poison-control/

12. carolynandlatte

Re: 1/18 Latte AMPS-158, +2-101, +3.25-88, +4.5-95, +6-119

Pat- They were going to charge me just for asking what was in a certain medicine - $35 buckaroos! You were very lucky! So nice of them...and kind of you to call back and thank them.

BTW- Latte couldnt wait around in the green for shadow any longer. Oh well. Probably better. She has some pretty bad gas at the moment....wouldnt want him to get turned off! :lol: Maybe he will smell her on the way down!

13. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

You are so funny... :lol: :lol: :lol:

From what you area all saying, I guess I was pretty lucky then, eh? wow....

:lol: Good going latte.... :lol: still laughing at yo Mama!! :lol:

14. joyce-tuscany(GA)

joyce-tuscany(GA) Well-Known Member

Latte - good to see this set of numbers for you. Stay out of closets - you never know - there might be monsters in there :eek:

15. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

((Carolyn)) LAtte is doing so good today! Nice work with the spotchecks!
    cat_pet_icon

16. carolynandlatte

Re: 1/18 Latte PMPS- 178

Latte has been slowly creeping up since +4.5. Figure it was a rebound type situation. Then she dropped at pmps, then I shot, then I fed, then she puked...a lot...twice. I dont know how much or if any of her pred was absorbed, which was given right before pmps - maybe 20 min before puking, max.

I seriously think Im on the edge of not being able to handle this anymore. And Im beginning to wonder if this is fair to her.

Im going to test her after I post this- PMPS +45 (30min after puke). I dont know which way she is going to take this.

I will give ondansetron a bit early with the test.

In about 30 min I will fight to get the darn cerenia in her and I hope I do.

At about +1.5/+2 I will try some babyfood.

I really dont know what more I can do.

17. Amy and Pedro

Amy and Pedro Member

Re: 1/18 Latte PMPS- 178 (and vomit), +.75-131

On so sorrry you two are having such a rough go of it. Just remember - day by day. Hopefully you can both get some sleep and tomorrow will give you a better day.

18. Linda and Bear Man

(((Carolyn)))

19. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Carolyn...you are doing a wonderful job...this is very stressful and it is bound to
    get you down at times. Take some deep breaths and carry on. you can do it....just relax a little bit.
    When Latte relaxes a little maybe she will try to eat....

Take one step at a time...You are the BEST!!! :YMHUG:

20. Amy'sWinston (GA)

Amy'sWinston (GA) Member

well crud. She was having such a good day. maybe it's just a shock to her system?? Having been SO sick and not eating for a few days, to feeling so good and eating quite well?? confused_cat shot in the dark....

Don't get discouraged just yet. Sleep - more than a couple hours, uniterrupted - can vastly change your outlook.

(((((((Hugs)))))) to you both........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.