1/18 Webber PMPS [319] +2 [288]

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by paige, Jan 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paige

paige Well-Known Member

2. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

Re: 1/18 Webber AMPS [358]

Good morning, Paige & Webber!
    Webber.. be a good boy & come on down :RAHCAT

3. Monique & Spooky

Monique & Spooky Well-Known Member

Hope Webber starts showing some nice numbers for you. Anymore tests today? Are you at work or at home?

4. paige

paige Well-Known Member

I am at work today but I might try to run home around lunch time. Not sure. :? Thanks

5. paige

paige Well-Known Member

Re: 1/18 Webber AMPS [358] +4.75 [284] Quick Question

I watched the video again on how to inject insulin because I am really not understand his numbers. I would have thought that the dosecrease would have shown some action. Am I wrong? I understand that the BG's can go higher at a dosecrease, but would I have seen a drop first (for his body to be reacting to?)

:shock:

I will be off Friday to get some +6 and +8. This is frustrating.....there was only one day that I saw some action. *bang-head-wall*

6. Greg and Carmelita (GA)

Greg and Carmelita (GA) Member

Re: 1/18 Webber AMPS [358] +4.75 [284] quick question

Typically there is higher BG, no immediate drop. Sometimes no drop for several days. That's why one of the keys to this protocol is waiting several days after dose changes before making more changes.

As far as the ketones... if it's not negative, it's ketones. If the color doesn't match, trying looking at it in terms of light/dark. Negative being lightest. If it's not somewhere in the middle of the scale, there is a chance you are seeing trace ketones.

7. paige

paige Well-Known Member

Re: 1/18 Webber AMPS [358] +4.75 [284] 10.5 [255]

Thank you Greg for your input. At least we are going down right? I checked his urine again and it looked negative. Yay!!! :mrgreen:

8. Nicole & Baby

Great job on getting more spot checks, momma!

9. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

looks like Webber might be heading for a nice PMPS. :smile:

10. paige

paige Well-Known Member

Re: 1/18 Webber PMPS [319]

Libby - thank you but I don't think 319 is a good PMPS :sad: We just gotta keep on trucken!! I will try to get a couple readings in before bed. :smile:

Edited to add: my poor baby has lost 2 pounds since I first noticed his symptoms. He looks so little now. Come on Webber---we can do this!!!! :RAHCAT bcatrun_gif

11. pjstroop

pjstroop Member

((Paige and Webber))

Geesh... you and Webber have certainly been through alot lately..

Nice to see that number coming down this evening.. I remember rejoicing for some yellow numbers..

I'm glad that Webber is eating better today.. and awesome on the negative ketone check...
    That is awsome news! :mrgreen:

12. paige

paige Well-Known Member

Re: 1/18 Webber PMPS [319] +2 [288] question about ears

Webber's ears have really been behaving lately. When I use the pen I am getting a nice big drop. I am not complaining at all, but I am concerned that this is happening because his little blood supply veins are perhaps irritated and/or swollen? Is this possible?

Am I doing any permanent damage to his little ears? I do switch between ears each time (if I can). What are your experiences over time?

Thanks for any input.

PS - I have been shooting from the back of the ear the last couple of days and it is easier :mrgreen:

13. Nicole & Baby

Baby is petite.. but it feels like she has lost weight too...

14. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Weight loss with diabetes is not uncommon. Diabetes is a wasting disease. Instead of glucose going into the cells as fuel, it remains in the blood. Since the cells aren't being "fed" despite what can be a ravenous appetite, until insulin is supplied, nutrients aren't going where they need to. As a result, our kitties lose weight. Once you start insulin, glucose starts going into the cells and metabolism begins to normalize.

For most cats, there is a period when getting blood from an ear is not unlike getting blood from a stone. The more you test, though, the easier it gets and it seems like the ears bleed more easily. I don't know if this is a matter of our getting more skilled at ear poking or is more capillaries are forming making it easier to get blood.

15. Brenda and Morris

Brenda and Morris Member

Paige, Keep on trucken is right! Slow and steady wins the race...or something like that anyway. bcatrun_gif

As for the ears, I've been pokin' Morris for going on 10 years and most days they look like nothing's been done to them. Of course, there are other days when it looks like he's been in a fight, but they heal up overnight so I wouldn't worry. I don't even change ears cuz the other one doesn't bleed as well...bad mama! grumpy_cat

16. April and Felix

April and Felix New Member

Hi Paige,

I am new too and I understand your concerns. I hope Webber starts kicking butt soon. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.