1/19 Chloe update - good

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Chris and Chloe, Jan 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris and Chloe

Chris and Chloe Member

Hello, LL. Thank everyone so much for all the healing vines!

We still don't know the cause of Chloe's seizure or the elevated liver levels, but everything looked good on the ultrasound! :RAHCAT The doctor even saw a glimpse of Mr Pancreas! flip_cat
    He commented that her kidneys looked good for a diabetic cat! He counseled me not to have x-rays taken right now. He would have had to put Chloe under anesthesia, and said nothing he saw on the ultrasound warranted x-rays right now.

So, I'm to watch Chloe like a hawk -- as if I don't now!-- and let my vet and him know if anything changes.

Chris, of ChrisCleo, suggested talking to my vet about giving Chloe Denamarin and B vitamins. She said those have helped Cleo's liver values. I'm going to see if I can discuss that with my vet tomorrow.

In the meantime, I'm going to increase Chloe's dose to 1.5 (from 1.25). I think the best thing I can do for her right now is get her out of these high numbers. Chloe hasn't seen any blue in 3 cycles, and hasn't seen any green in 5 cycles. I think I've seen some of the neuropathy coming back the past few days. Perhaps the high numbers (after our month of greens and blues) are just because Chloe's a diabetic cat, and not because of anything bad going on with her.

Recent recap
    PMPS ~ 294
    +1 ~ 248
    +5.5 ~ 311
    +9.5 ~ 360
    AMPS ~ 365
    +2 ~ 342
    +4 ~ 287
    +8 ~ 213
    +10 ~ 216

Chloe's previous condo

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

This is such good news. I'm so happy for you both.

3. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

We will keep sending those healing vines!!!

4. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

((((Chris)))) you must be so relieved. I agree with the dosecrease, hopefully Chloe will get back to "her" numbers range soon and she won't give you any more scares.

5. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

(((Chris and Chloe))) I am so glad that everything is good!
    Keep on keeping on.

6. Barbara and tuffy

Barbara and tuffy Well-Known Member

Fantastic news about Chloe. Good luck with the dosecrease. Try and relax, you will get it all figured out.

7. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

((Chris)) ((Chloe)) thank u for updating us! I'm glad to hear the good news too!

cat_pet_icon

8. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Aww, I am so glad to hear this encouraging news. Now I hope that the new dose increase will get Chloe back in the green and feeling great. I hope that she just needed to be green again and maybe some extra vitamins to help.

9. Fleapunk

Fleapunk Member

I've been lurking around.....This is making me happy!

And even happier for you! dancing_cat

10. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Thanks so much for the update! This is good news!!! And I am so very relieved. I thought about you and Chloe today while at work, almost trotted on down to your office... Well - I am glad that things are good. You must be so relieved! dancing_cat

Now if I can just get Mannie in line. He has been so all over the place the past few days. And what is up with that. I think he needs to be up to 2.75, but everytime i get ready to do that we end up with blue surfin', low blue surfin'. darn cat!

Have a great evening - celebrate with Chloe and DH! party_cat

11. Erica & Moses

Erica & Moses Member

Congrats Chris! Way to go Chloe :RAHCAT

I'm so happy to hear the good news. I was having a mini nap session w/Moses today and I thought about your cuddling sleepovers w/Chloe. Hope you two are spending amazing celebration time together, especially with the awesome news! :mrgreen:

12. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

Very encouraging news. Good luck with the dosecrease.

13. Sashasmom

Sashasmom Member

wooo-hooo!!
    great to hear - verra happy!
    i'll continue to send snow flakes your way for good measure!! :D

(((Chris and Chloe)))

14. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

what encouraging news! good luck with the increase!

15. Cassandra and Sasha

Cassandra and Sasha Well-Known Member

What fantastic news! A good u/s is certainly cause for lots of celebration! :D

I second the recommendation for Denamarin. I used SamE/Denosyl in my drooler that had incredibly high liver values and it made a huge impact.

Good luck with the dosecrease!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.