1/2 Bix

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Joanna & Bix (GA), Jan 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

+64 - 78

Best # I've seen for him in a few weeks!!! My excitement is tempered by his having thrown up & had icky poo earlier. :cry: Hopefully just a random IBD flare-up - he and Pippa both seem to have been having more of those lately. nailbiting Trying not to stress about it. They've been on Wellness Turkey for about 6 months now, so that's about time for problems to come up, IBD is such a joy... not. I've been working in some Wellness Chicken now too - I think that is helping Bix, but making things worse with Pippa. Arggghhhhh. He's eating fine now though, and was running around playing earlier, so thankfully nothing that's too big a deal, at least for now.

Sarah, I wondered how Buzz did while you were gone - I know you were worried her BGs might head up from stress. If I ever remember, I'll look at her SS. :)

2. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

Oh dear, icky poo! That can't be fun. I'm glad the Wellness Chicken is working for him, although too bad it's not for Pippa too. Have you thought about raw? Or is that not good for IBD? I think it's supposed to firm things up a little, isn't it? Cindy was talking about that FreshPet stuff, which isn't exactly raw. I think she said it says, "Gently cooked" on it, so maybe the ick factor would be less? I'm not sure that raw would work for free feeding, though, would it? Hmm. That's all the advice I have on that subject, which, considering how much I know about it, is probably a good thing. ;) But that is a GREAT number for Bixie boy!! Keep it up! party_cat

Buzz was 150 the night we got home. I didn't shoot her as I wanted to give her a few days of being back on the "more smaller meals" plan and give her a chance to settle back into us being home in case they were higher due to stress. I tested again about 3 days later, I think, and it was 97. Yippee! I plan to test 2-3 times a week for now until I feel more comfortable that she's going to stay low, which knowing me probably won't be until she's been OTJ for at least 2 months. ;) I think long-term I will end up doing once a week or once every ten days. As others have mentioned, it's a good way to catch problems early (tooth issues, infections, etc.).

3. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

Oooooh, that's a great idea on the "gently cooked" food. I hadn't connected the dots on that one. Not sure it's affordable, but I'll look for coupons. laptop_smiley

Now that you mention Buzz's #s, I remember you did mention that before. DUH. My brain doesn't always work well. confused_cat

You know, I'm spending more time now trying to pick out which smilies to use, than focusing on the posts, LOL. And still can't make most of them fit in anywhere... they are just so cute though, I really want to use them!!!! cat_pet_icon

4. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

I love that last icon, the petting cat one. It is way too cute. :) I know what you mean about the smilies, trying to fit them all in. If we're chatty enough, I have no doubt that by the end of this month, we will have found legitimate reasons to use every one of those smilies, and then some. :)

5. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

6. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

Great News, Joanna. Maybe this is Bix's new years resolution. Go, Bix, Go! :RAHCAT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.