1/20 Jan and Buddy PMPS 337 +2 310

Discussion in 'Acromegaly / IAA / Cushings Cats' started by Jan and Buddy, Jan 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan and Buddy

Jan and Buddy Member

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3201

WCR Buddy seems fine this pm. Playful, loving.

2. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

Re: 1/20 Jan and Buddy AMPS 435 ???? Eyes please

Jan,

I think you'll be fine. I had never heard the "don't shoot when rebound breaks" because quite frankly, who knows when rebound is going to break. What I remember, right or wrong, was to shoot R into any preshoot that I didn't like and to never allow the two insulins to nadir at the same time. Jojo calls R "your lil'friend" because it STOPS rebound and corrects mistakes.

I could certainly be wrong and if I am, I would appreciate being corrected by anybody that actually KNOWS how to use R (not by the people that DON"T know how to use it).

Heather

3. Jan and Buddy

Jan and Buddy Member

Re: 1/20 Jan and Buddy AMPS 435

Thanks I appreciate the input, now I can go to work and not worry!!!!!!

Jan

4. Carolynn FletcherGA & RobbieGA

Carolynn FletcherGA & RobbieGA Member

Jan, I'm at work and can't access your spreadsheet (silly bank security stuff), but is there a reason you're thinking rebound? It could also just be a crazy number that you shouldn't dwell on. But, again, I can't see your SS to know.

Anyway, I agree with Heather. The R is a helper-- you use it to bring down the bgs so the basal insulin can work. She's also correct in that you don't want them both to nadir at the same time, but shooting at preshot shouldn't cause that to happen.

Sounds like you are feeling a bit more comfortable and confident with everything! :smile:

5. Patti and Merlin

Patti and Merlin Member

Just wanted to send a little moral support here to you Jan. :YMHUG:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.