1/21 Curry 6 month OTJ report

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tena and Curry(GA), Jan 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tena and Curry(GA)

Tena and Curry(GA) Well-Known Member

Greetings to you all and Happy New Year!

Curry WCR: Curry continues to do very well. She has lost a bit more weight after I switched one of her meals to Merrick BG Beef. Her asthma seems to under control. And in the last two weeks she has begun playing on her own again. Very nice to see. Her numbers range from 60-120. She likes to hit all the numbers just to cover her bases. Maybe she's trying to win the lottery.

Sidney WCR: I think Sid has finally transitioned to the wet stuff. AFTER 3 MONTHS. She's eaten 7 meals on her own w/out the syringe or me hand feeding her. Of course the food must be fed on one of my nice china plates (its small and doesn't have much of a lip to it) and must also have chicken dust. Hey, whatever it takes. Oh yes, I still have to pulverized the food into a nice pate for her....Hopefully over time she'll enjoy just eating the darn stuff out of the can w/out any prep from me.

Tena WBR: I'm getting some PT for my knee. Have chondromalacia patella which is basically arthritis behind the kneecap. My quads are a bit weak for whatever reason and so the kneecap gets off track and rubs the wrong way. PT for 6 weeks going 2x per week. And then an hour per day on my own. Takes about 2-3 months for muscles to strengthen.

Have started playing w/my photography again. Recently went to the Cockrell Butterfly Museum here in Houston. Below are two butterfly shots and one shot of my sweet diva,Sid, who is now a member of the Wet Food Club.

Attached Files:

2. Beth & Atlas

Beth & Atlas Well-Known Member

Sometimes, I think they just like to have us fuss over their food.

Some days all I have to do is stick my finger it and then it is good to eat :lol:

3. Mystery

Mystery Member

The video on your website is wonderful!

4. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

morning!

I just love your photos - they are, as always, wonderful. It is good to read that you are playing with your photos again.

Congrats to Sid and being a member of the wet food club - I know what a battle that as been for you. Too funny with the needing fine china for her dining experience. Good job Sid!

I am glad too that Curry is doing so well - and YAY on her asthma. so so good on the play. Mannie never has been much of a player, I wish he would.

And I happy to read that those that have posted so far watched your video - it really is so well done.

take care - and good luck with your knee. I hope the PT gets things back n track.

5. Tracy & Leo

Tracy & Leo Well-Known Member

Curry and Sid are doing so well! Curry sounds like she's doing great and atta girl for losing weight. Leo really enjoys BG beef as well.

Congrats on Sid making the change to wet food! That kitty crack is bad for you girl, stay away from it.

Doesn't physio suck?!? :lol: I'm just kidding.....sort of. I know it's supposed to help. Good luck strengthening your legs and knees again. That sounds like it's painful.

Gorgeous pictures Tena, especially the pic of Sid.

6. Tena and Curry(GA)

Tena and Curry(GA) Well-Known Member

Beth: you are right. Sid loved the syringe up until this week. I think she was feeling a bit neglected last year. She certainly got alot of xtra time with the bean these last few months.

Mystery: thanks for visiting and for the compliment. Putting it together was very therapeutic.

Michelle: My kitties have taught me patience.

Tracy: yes on the pt. Yours sounds painful. At least I don't have to deal with overcoming an injury first. Just alot of leg/butt exercises with lots of strrrrrrrrrretching.

7. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Tena: so great to hear from you and that the girls are doing so splendid.

I hope your knee gets better....holy cow....no bike riding, I'm sure. Bummer. I am surprised that your quads are weak with all the riding you do.

I'm so glad you are doing your photography. I love butterflies and your photos are WONDERFUL.

SEnding you all lots of love and healing vines.

8. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

So great to see a Curry condo and hear how well Curry and Sid are doing. I hope your knee is on the mend.

9. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Tena, it's so good to hear how well Curry and Sid are doing. Congrats on winning Sid over with the wet food. :smile:

I haven't seen other photos or video yet, but the photo of Sid, in the thread, is breath-taking! :D

Thank you for visiting our condo. :D

10. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Tena, what a nice report on Curry and Sidney, too. I'm glad Curry's asthma is better and she's playful. that's great with Sid and the wet food and eating on his own. Mags also insists on the chicken dust. That sounds painful with the arthritis behind the kneecap. Good luck with all the physio. I know you'll do well with it. Your photography is beautiful. Thanks and I'll get a couple pics of Maggie to you as soon as I get some better shots.

11. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

That is a thrilling WCR for both your furbabies!!! We are so happy they are doing so well!!
    Moonie also likes me to make the cat food like soupy pate served on a corelle plates(2 different sizes for the Princess) always!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Just like Sidney..
    Glad to Hear the Curry is doing well with the asthma & she is in good spirits & playing again!
    BTW Moonie has a floating kneecap, and I know sometimes it's hard for her..
    So you must be having a time of it--Hope the Healing will be complete soon!
    Hugs & Love from us-Your photos are exquisite--one of mine were pulished in modern photography magaz in 1989-I just entered it ina contest in there!!-Pictures are so Kool!!
    Hugs & Love from us!!

12. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Tena & Curry! Happy 6 months OTJ, Curry!! You are doing great! And Sid is doing great, too, eating wet food (off of beautiful china plates--well, why not?).
    Good luck with your PT, Tena. I used to have knee problems, but they disappeared after I became a dedicated racewalker. In correct racewalking form, you have to straighten the knee for a split second just as the foot hits the ground. (If your knee is bent, you can be disqualified by the race judges). Of course, in order to straighten the knee, you pull up on the quadriceps. Over the course of the weeks and months of racewalking workouts, the quads become incredibly strong and knee problems go away.
    I'm sure there must be a racewalking group in Houston. Anyway, it's worth checking into (btw, racewalking is not "power walking", although in both you swing your arms holding them bent at a 50 degree angle at the elbow; power walking does not require the knee to be straight for a split second.) Here's a website that gives some info. and may lead you to a racewalking club in your area:

http://www.thewalkingsite.com/racewalking/index.html

Your photographs are beautiful.

Thanks for visiting Rusty's condo today.
    Happy New Year!

Ella & Rusty

13. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

TENA!! This is the first time i've seen the video on your website...STUNNING!!!

HAPPY HAPPY SIX MONTH, CURRY-GIRL!!

what a great report on the kitters...
    I'm so thrilled that all the work you put in on integration paid off,
    though sorry to hear about the knee.
    Hope your PT goes quicker than mine did...but I KNOW you are not accident prone like me :lol:

Love the photos...and love seeing you and the girls!

Celi & the Brat Pack

and Curry...

[​IMG]

14. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

oh celi - hahahaha - now let's see how many people will get that reference to "the spice must flow!" :lol:

tena - took me a while to find your site and the video - but it was worth it. it's great - wonderful job making it!!!!! so good to see you and the kitters today. felt like you came home!

15. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

16. Randa & Mookie

Randa & Mookie Well-Known Member

Tena, I love the video you created about Curry and FD! Congrats on her being OTJ for 6 months. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.