1/21 Lucky amps 261; +4.5 232; +6 127; +8 190; PMPS 141; +3.5 77; +4.5 100;

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Charlotte and Lucky’s mom, Jan 21, 2022.

1. Charlotte and Lucky’s mom

Charlotte and Lucky’s mom Well-Known Member

Good morning all! Been away for a while - between Covid, nutcracker performances by my daughter, mom’s one year anniversary of her passing, Christmas and New Years, I’ve been a little preoccupied to keep up. Lucky has been up and down. Pushing 5 now bc 4.75 didn’t keep him down consistently. Ugh! Now I see that Charlotte is back at it. I am sad now I have 2. :( Don’t know when that happened. So I guess I’ll start her off slow with a half unit. Ugh! And how do I post for the day? 2 separate entries for each cat or together under one entry?

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Welcome back but sorry to hear your news. . Did you take Charlotte to the vet to make sure she doesn’t an infection or need a dental? If not it’s a good idea. Teeth issues are a big reason cats go out of remission. Separate condos are best I think.:bighug:

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Sorry to hear Charlotte has joined the routine. After you've checked her teeth (common source of falling out of remission). I see you shot 0.5 units today, and also that you had some comments about possible contraband. I'd keep a close eye on her in case it was just food related.

As for Lucky, there's been a bit of dose hopping at 4.75 units, with sometimes giving 5 units and not testing at nights. Since he did get down to 69 on 4.75 units, he might not last long at 5.0 units.

As for posting, you can do both cats in one post if it's easier for you. You just might have to be cautious of the amount of information in the subject line, as it is limited. You will have to set up a routine and discipline to keep doses/syringes separate for each cat. Always double check dose and cat. Maybe always give Charlotte insulin first. Hers is the smaller of the doses, and if you get it wrong it's not so bad, but you don't want to give Lucky's dose to Charlotte!

4. Charlotte and Lucky’s mom

Yes, I will most definitely keep them separate. Such a headache now. Back to closed bedroom and closet doors. Ugh. and my life more stressful with their schedules conflicting with my own daily doings. :arghh:

So you feel that 5 still won’t be enough for lucky?

5. Wendy&Neko

Too early to say on Lucky. He got to a decent nadir on 4.75 units so I wouldn't rush any dose changes for him. He's close in dose.

Why do you need to keep bedroom and closet doors closed? You don't need to separate the cats, just be diligent at dosing times.

6. Charlotte and Lucky’s mom

Oh it’s bc she is a nervous Nellie and burrows under beds and hides in closets . So is not the easiest to get checks on bc she runs away. It’s a cat and mouse game!!

7. Wendy&Neko

Oh dear, sounds like Charlotte has no mobility issues! Hopefully this is a short lived trip back for her.

8. Charlotte and Lucky’s mom

Yes she is a quick little thing!! And I really hope that she is off this boat sooner than later! :confused: