1/23 Boo Update

Discussion in 'Acromegaly / IAA / Cushings Cats' started by OptOut, Jan 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

2. Monique & Spooky

Monique & Spooky Well-Known Member

Hi Heather and Boo!

Glad to hear Boo is doing well and being a snuggle bug! If her renal values are improving in some areas that is positive. Cats can be so difficult when it comes to eating what we want....I had an easier time getting my kid to eat spinach! Hope she continues to do well and you guys have lots of snuggle time together. I wish my guys would snuggle more it's so cold out I could use a heating pad.

3. Patti and Merlin

Patti and Merlin Member

Hi Heather,
    I'm so glad you posted all this info. The CRF info of course means so much to me too now just going thru it with my Nellie. I'm so sad tho that you and Boo are having to face all this. But you are such a good mom. And I know there are are others here in the group that have gone thru this too that may be able to help you some.

Please keep us updated! And big hugs for you and Boo. :D

4. Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA

Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA Well-Known Member

Hi Heather and Boo

Thanks for the WCR -- congrats on the 134 days. Wonderful that Boo is snuggly -- good luck with the food - come on Boo, it'll help you feel good longer!

5. Magnus

Magnus New Member

Glad to hear Boo is hanging in there. I hope you got some good suggestions from Dr. Lisa on the diet. And yes, I would not hesitate to use the phos binders, should you be attempting to feed other low phos FF, Wellness, or Merrick flavors or others like that. As you probably already know, once you start Calcitriol you really want to keep that phos number below 6 and the binders assist you in doing that. The one thing that snuck up on me with Willi early on with his CRF was the issue of constipation. Adding the binders can make some cats more prone to constipation, so started adding Miralax around that time. Keep us posted. Boo is lucky to have you.

6. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

Nice to see your Boo update, Heather. I hope you get her eating issues sorted out, and I hope that you are doing well.

7. pjstroop

pjstroop Member

((Heather and Boo!))

How great to see a Boo-ki update.. I so do miss you over in LL :mrgreen:
    Glad to hear that your kitty girl is doing well on the diabetes end of things.. Very nice numbers!
    Not so glad to hear that she is not eating well... so we are sending oooodles of good thoughts and prayers that her appy will be tempted by something soon..

You do such a wonderful job with her Heather.. Boo is a very lucky kitty to have such a caring mamabean watching over her.. So nice to hear that she is enjoying a snugglefest! Instead of her usual snuggle on the run.. lol!

Good luck with the blood tests.. and now that I know where your at, I will pop in and visit.. k?!

8. Wendi and Milo (GA)

Wendi and Milo (GA) Member

There you are, was lookin'

Yeah 134 days Miss Boo!
    Can't wait to see what her GH & IGF-1 is now.
    Sorry to hear her kidney values aren't good and she won't eat her special diet, but as long as she is happy, snuggly and full of kitty kisses, that is all that matters.
    Hugs,
    Wendi & Milo

9. Erica & Moses

Erica & Moses Member

Hi Heather and Boo! So nice to see a Boo update today in Lantus Land :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I'm sorry to hear she's losing weight... I'm hoping she finds some nibbles that taste and feel good for her. I know she's probably loving that christmas scratcher, working it and feeling good. :mrgreen: I'm glad to hear about her snuggly behavior, too.

:dizcat

So good to hear from you. You're an awesome teacher. Keep me posted about her christmas blood (pre-scratcher).

PS - I stabbed my mom with a lancet today. I thought you'd enjoy knowing that. :mrgreen:

10. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

Glad to hear pretty Boo-Ki has turned all snuggly.

Sorry about the kidney issues. I was in a thread earlier tonight with lots of discussion concerning binders and such, over in LL. Maybe someone knowledgable will stop in here. I hope you find something she loves that is good for her, too!

11. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Miss you a lot Heather & Boo-ki!! Sorry Boo has issues, & hope they can be remedied soon..It was so good to see you in LL--The place has really changed, tons of newbies needing noodles, but not too many noodles being given out...
    It was great to see your post today.. Never really knew what was what, but happy for this day of remembering when LL was so different--Hugs from us--You always helped us--Thanks.

12. Cyn and Cosmo

Cyn and Cosmo Member

Hi Boo! Hi Heather!!

So glad she's doing so well, and being so super snuggly. My cynical self wants to say our babies are more snuggly in the winter b/c they're using us for our body heat, but maybe they actually just want to be close to us. :) Yep yep.

13. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

14. Jess & Earl

Jess & Earl Member

I'm glad to hear that benazepril is helping and she's feeling good. It's important that she eats, though, so do you think Dr. Lunn will give her a reprieve while you try to get her eating well again? It's important to know if she doesn't want to eat, or if she just doesn't like what you're offering, KWIM?

15. Carolynn FletcherGA & RobbieGA

Carolynn FletcherGA & RobbieGA Member

I like Jess' suggestion (no surprise there!) of seeing if it's that she doesn't want to eat, or doesn't like what you're offering. Lots of people have had luck feeding the Friskies Special Diet foods so that might be something to try. You have lots of people rooting for the two of you... don't forget that!

:thumbup

16. Joan and Madison

Joan and Madison Member

Hi Heather! Hi beautiful Boo-ki! :smile:

Maddie was on a phos. binder (I don't remember the brand, but I know that Choy-Foong will know). It was really, truly no big deal. I just mixed it into her food, and she didn't notice a thing. I seem to recall in some tiny recess of my brain something Choy-Foong wrote about the interaction of Calcitrol and phos. binders? Maybe I'm hallucinating. Be sure to ask her though, okay? She's verra verra smart. :smile:

17. chriscleo

chriscleo Well-Known Member

hi, heather
    sorry to see something got deleted from your post. didn't know you'd posted til someone referenced it earlier.
    hoping boo's kidney values start to get better.
    that food fussiness is sure hard to get around. dealing with that with miss cleo, too. hope you find the magic food choice soon.

18. Dawn and Mateo Wiggles & Toby

Dawn and Mateo Wiggles & Toby Member

Beautiful picture of Boo!!! Congrats on OTJ for so long!! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.