1/23 Jan and Buddy PMPS 363

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jan and Buddy, Jan 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan and Buddy

Jan and Buddy Member

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3587

WCR Seems good this am, chasing Zoe (inside outside cat) ate good, getting ready for morning nap :mrgreen:

Shot 6.5L and .25R

2. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

Re: 1/23 Jan and Buddy AMPS 319

Have not been around to say hi to you and buddy for a while!
    So, helloooooooooooooo! :mrgreen:

You are so cool, calm, and collected these days! A young pro! :thumbup

Glad to hear Buddy is feeling well as you sort thing through!

Enjoy your weekend.

3. Jan and Buddy

Jan and Buddy Member

Carolyn,
    Thanks for the vote of confidence!!! I'm really not that way inside!!! :lol:

You have a good one to.
    Jan

4. Jan and Buddy

Jan and Buddy Member

Re: 1/23 Jan and Buddy AMPS 319 +9 380

Gave .25R at +6, but as you can see by the numbers I'm thinking maybe it was .1R!!!
    DH fed at +8.5, so the number may have a food spike to. I thought tho he would have been lower?????
    Will be back at PMPS

Jan

5. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

nice job with the curve. That makes me feel better about recommending a dose increase - what do you think about going to 7 units?

6. Jan and Buddy

Jan and Buddy Member

Just got on to see what you thought, yes I will go up to 7.0. See how that works out.

Is there a possibility that even tho the R was given at +6 and has pretty much worn off, that the new dose could make him go way lower???

Thanks

7. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

Nice...glad what I had mentioned is the same as what Libby was thinking. Again, I'm not sure how IAA differs, but one nice thing about Boo was that she never "crashed"...she really never went too low on her increases. I wouldn't worry about the 7.

8. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

I don't think you need to worry about it, get some spot checks tonight so we can see what Buddy has planned for this dose, and if he's dropping we can fix it easily.

9. jojo and bunny

jojo and bunny Member

hey there kiddo. i heard on grapevine you got IAA results , someone sent me number and yes that indeed is positive. well it is not the worst news in world. IAA does seem to resolve one day ~like no time soon, think a year or so in future? only a guess though there on my part. we do NOT have a lot of data on IAA in felines, it simply does not exist in vet lit to give to you. however we have had 2 IAA positive cats in LL. sandy's BK and sharyon's fiona. have not seen sharyon (ugh i know i'm spelling her name wrong, can't remember) around in ages, however we had sandy's BK's OTJ party a few months ago...and he was on some super high doses of insulin at one point. suggest you go find BK's SS and STUDY IT. of course your cat is not going to do exact same thing, but sandy had the biggest BOS fll_moon fll_moon in LL and that is why BK is OTJ now.

IAA IS NOT ACRO. they are 2 totally unrelated in any way shape or form physiologically. and they are worked differently. with acro we aim for that all blue SS while with IAA we aim for the all green SS. even at the big doses. btw, i was suspecting your cat was not going to be an acro, just didn't look like an acro SS, and then suspected he was gonna be an IAA cat after i saw his big R response to tiny dose (people sent his SS to my sick bed, they have been worried about him), it made sense. have you been able to read up what little there is on IAA? don't even bother trying to find vet lit on it, have to go with human lit and extrapolate.

but basically all you need to know is that your cat has this special reaction that "kills insulin" so even though you might be shooting 20 units of insulin into him one day, 20 units of insulin are not going to effect his BG, he has these million 'little guns' inside his body 'shooting' the insulin molecules as they appear 'killing them' and not much insulin is gonna get past his 'ultra defenses'. there is a war going on inside him. who knew? ya certainly wouldn't to look at him. but you get suspicious about The Great Buddy's Body Insulin Wars of 2010 when you look at SS. remember he has all those million little guns you have only your syringes in this battle. but you can and will win as long as you are brave as a soldier. be brave jan. get those BOS, you are gonna need them (remember as long as you have a well stocked hypo tool box in house, nice little stash of HC canned, it is real easy to have massive BOS) i cannot predict how exactly this is going to go with your cat, ECID, but i have to assume from what i've read and from sandy/BK what works.

we'll talk more....i'm fading for night quick here.....
    ~jojo

10. Jan and Buddy

Jan and Buddy Member

Jojo,
    Thanks for the info. I have read BK's SS many times and probably will read it many more!!

but basically all you need to know is that your cat has this special reaction that "kills insulin" so even though you might be shooting 20 units of insulin into him one day, 20 units of insulin are not going to effect his BG, he has these million 'little guns' inside his body 'shooting' the insulin molecules as they appear 'killing them' and not much insulin is gonna get past his 'ultra defenses'. there is a war going on inside him.

So if the above is what happens then my question is, (hope this doesn't sound stupid)

Why shoot all the insulin if it isn't doing any good?????? :?: :?:
    It just kinda is a contradiction isn't it? Or I must be missing something.

You guys are the experts and believe me I'm not disputing all the input, it just doesn't make alot of sense to me to do something that really isn't doing anything. I guess that might be where the R comes in??????

I'm sure before this is all said and done I WILL have BOS!!!!

Jan

11. Jan and Buddy

Jan and Buddy Member

Jojo,
    Thanks for the info. I have read BK's SS many times and probably will read it many more!!

but basically all you need to know is that your cat has this special reaction that "kills insulin" so even though you might be shooting 20 units of insulin into him one day, 20 units of insulin are not going to effect his BG, he has these million 'little guns' inside his body 'shooting' the insulin molecules as they appear 'killing them' and not much insulin is gonna get past his 'ultra defenses'. there is a war going on inside him.

So if the above is what happens then my question is, (hope this doesn't sound stupid)

Why shoot all the insulin if it isn't doing any good?????? :?: :?:
    It just kinda is a contradiction isn't it? Or I must be missing something.

You guys are the experts and believe me I'm not disputing all the input, it just doesn't make alot of sense to me to do something that really isn't doing anything. I guess that might be where the R comes in??????

I'm sure before this is all said and done I WILL have BOS!!!!

Jan

12. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

13. Jan and Buddy

Jan and Buddy Member

Ronnie,
    Yes, I have seen it, what I need to know is how do I get it in my Google Doc's so I can look at it along with mine??????? I have Fiona's but I have no clue how it got there!!! :lol: It was just there one day.
    So if you know how to send it to my doc's please do!!!
    Thanks Jan

14. jojo and bunny

jojo and bunny Member

quick answer to the question on why shoot isulin at all if he is just gonna kill it all...because you will shoot a dose large enough to that he runs out of guns and some insulin gets to slip by and touch the BG's. since you read BK's SS you know that DKA can happen to IAA cats and fiona was often battling ketones too.
    i would suggest to get yourself one of those precision x-tra meters and te$t $trip$. yeah the test strips are very expensive, but they are worth their weight in gold since ketone show up in blood long before urine and you will have far more advance warning if that ever becomes an issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.