1/23 Jan and Buddy PMPS 363

Discussion in 'Acromegaly / IAA / Cushings Cats' started by Jan and Buddy, Jan 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan and Buddy

Jan and Buddy Member

2. Carolynn FletcherGA & RobbieGA

Carolynn FletcherGA & RobbieGA Member

Re: 1/23 Jan and Buddy AMPS 319

Can't wait to see how the rest of the day goes. So glad to hear he's feisty and happy!

3. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

Hiya Jan,

I'm glad he's feeling so well. If you get a chance, you should go to the old board and look for Sandy/BK's OTJ party...it will give you lots of encouragement.

Jojo posted that she'll be around LL today, so you might try to ask her some questions. My two cents...I think it's time to raise your dose again and I think you need to go up to 7.0u. You've been at this dose for 16 cycles. When you use Lantus/Lev in combination with R, you want to use R to keep numbers down while you raise the Lantus/Lev dose according to protocol (every 6 cycles until you start getting yellow nadirs). Of course, when you throw the R into the mix, it messes with the nadir number, so you have to guess...would you have yellow w/o the R?

Now, with all that said, this weekend would be a great time for you to shoot R and then test until the R nadir just so YOU have confidence in what R will do. So, maybe you do that today and raise dose tonight...maybe you do it both days and raise dose Sunday.

4. Jan and Buddy

Jan and Buddy Member

Hi Heather,
    Actually I think it's only been 14 cycles. I've shot 6.5L 12 times, Am I counting right: you have 2 cycles per day AMPS and PMPS right????

Anyway, I tend to agree with you. It scares me a little tho every time I increase!! nailbite_smile

But I will as long as I can see at least 1 cycle of the new dose each time.
    I have looked at BK's SS a few times, everyone has referred me to it!! LOL.
    Thanks for the input.

Jan

5. Jan and Buddy

Jan and Buddy Member

The R didn't seem to help today. Gave again at +6, thought I shot .25 but it might have only been .1????? Not sure.

Anyway increased Lantus to 7.0L. See how that works out.
    Is there a possibility that even tho the R is pretty much worn off, that the new dose could make him go way lower???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.