1/23 Magnolia PMPS 151 Shot full dose

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sara & Magnolia, Jan 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sara & Magnolia

Sara & Magnolia Member

Yesterday's Condo

Happy Caturday LL!

WCR: Happy, Purry, Lovey. 5 P's are good. BUT, she is not hungry. She only ate half of her food overnight. She did not wake DH begging for food this morning. She did not eat her 7am breakfast. I had to put a salmon treat to get her to eat her food with her shot. I know I've been complaining about the bottomless pit, but I wish she'd pick a middle ground. This is a lower AMPS number, maybe her appetite is diminishing with lower numbers? Or maybe she doesn't like the wellness turkey. I opened a new can last night, and she ate it when I gave it to her at 9:30 and 11:30, but maybe she doesn't like it as much as the chicken?

The answers to Cassandra's questions from last night:

Maybe the shedding is because of how dry it has been this winter?
    Absolutely could be. It's crazy dry here.

Do you brush her?
    Between DH and me, she is brushed at least once a day, sometimes more.

You may also notice her coat becoming better as her numbers improve.
    Yes, when dx'd, her coat was dry and dull. It has improved dramatically already.

Do you mix any water in with her food? Does she drink water at all?
    We do mix in water with her food. I've been wondering if she drinks enough. Prior to dx, since she was a kitten, she was a big water lover. She was always in the bathroom waiting for fresh water (where her water bowl was). She's hardly ever in the bathroom anymore, but we now have another water bowl next to her food bowl in the kitchen, so that may be why. Maybe I should monitor the water bowl to see if she is drinking it.

2. Sara & Magnolia

Sara & Magnolia Member

Re: 1/23 Magnolia AMPS 235 +5 107

+5 107! This is the lowest number I've ever seen! Hooray!

ETA: changed +6 to +5, wrong hours in my brain.

3. Sara & Magnolia

Sara & Magnolia Member

Re: 1/23 Magnolia AMPS 235

+7.5 108. dancing_cat Whoa! Liver training finally paid off?

4. Sara & Magnolia

Sara & Magnolia Member

Re: 1/23 Magnolia +11 132

A recap of today:

AMPS 235 shot 4.75
    +5 107
    +7.5 108
    +11 132

I have to shoot in an hour. Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated. This is a great breakthrough, but I've never seen such low numbers and I'm not sure what to do.

Thank you!

5. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

Re: 1/23 Magnolia-PM Dose Help Needed +11 132

I don't have dosing advice, but wanted to comment that this looks like a terrific cycle for her, your efforts are paying off. I hope the lower numbers aren't from lack of food. Lower BGs CAN make them less crazy for food but she still needs to eat regularly.

6. Sara & Magnolia

Sara & Magnolia Member

I should have added that. She's been eating good all day. She's not as ravenous as she has been. She isn't inhaling her food. She chews it a bit first, but she's had 5oz wellness turkey today and she is already looking at me waiting for her 9:30 dinner. Thank you Nina.

7. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

The basic questions....

Do you have strips on hand and HC? Are you going to be home to monitor this evening?

8. Sara & Magnolia

Sara & Magnolia Member

Yes I have strips and HC (fancy feast with gravy). Yes I am home to monitor.

9. Sara & Magnolia

Sara & Magnolia Member

I think I have BOS to shoot the full 4.75.

It's the what to do after that I'm not sure of. How often do I need to test? When do I start testing? HC food is necessary under 50?

10. Cassandra and Sasha

Cassandra and Sasha Well-Known Member

If the +12 is a rise from the +11, or very close in range, then you are fine to shoot if you want to. Do not feed until you shoot. Then test again at +1 and we can help you decide when to test again after that.

11. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

awesome, look at Magnolia go! I agree with everything Cassandra said. :mrgreen:

12. Sara & Magnolia

Sara & Magnolia Member

Re: 1/23 Magnolia PMPS 151

I shot the full 4.75. I will test at +1 and post the results. Thank you for your guidance! I think I just needed a little reassurance. It's good to know I have backup.

13. Sara & Magnolia

Sara & Magnolia Member

Re: 1/23 Magnolia PMPS 151 +1 139

+1 139. She's happy, purry and cuddly.

14. Sara & Magnolia

Sara & Magnolia Member

PMPS 151 +1 139, +2.5 167

I didn't know when to test, but thought I'd get another one in now. These numbers don't make sense to me. She hasn't eaten since PMPS.

Anyway, it all seems well. I think I can feed and go to bed?

Recap:
    AMPS 235 shot 4.75
    +5 107
    +7.5 108
    +11 132
    PMPS 151
    +1 139
    +2.5 167

15. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Re: PMPS 151 +1 139, +2.5 167

u might want to make sure she eats a bit before u go to bed, if she hasn't eaten since PMPS...are u able to set ur alarm for a spot check?

16. Sara & Magnolia

Sara & Magnolia Member

I just gave her 1oz now and she gobbled it up. The hungry hungry hippo is back. DH gets home from work sometime in the next hour. He will check on her and feed her again. We mix about 1oz of food with 1/2 water for her overnight. I can set an alarm if necessary, should I? When should I check her?

17. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

I'm thinking +5 or +6 - if she were my kitty, it is a nice day of blues thou...some kitties will go lower at night, so I'm wondering if she might go green in there.

anyone else? feedback?

18. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Right. I'm the perfect person to ask about whether or not to get a test in. You have two of the confirmed testaholics you're asking! I hope you're giggling Sara 'cause you know I'm gonna say, "Sure. Get a test in!"

I really can't tell from your SS when Magnolia's nadir is. Do you think there's the possibility of your doing a full curve in the near future? It will give us a getter sense of where the nadir is and if you need to do a mid-cycle check, you'll better know where to check.

19. Sara & Magnolia

Sara & Magnolia Member

Crickets, eh? It is Saturday night...

I'll get a check at +4.5 and go from there. I'm still awake, DH just got home, fight club is on, I can stay awake another hour.

20. Sara & Magnolia

Sara & Magnolia Member

Our messages must have crossed Sienne.

I'll get the check. I might be joining your 12-step group soon. If her +4 is low, I'll get another. I went through A LOT of strips tonight. I think her nadir is around +5 but that's my uneducated guess.

Before she had these beautiful numbers today, I had actually planned on doing a curve tomorrow, rather than increasing to 5 and having to go through NDW for 6 cycles, I was going to hold off another day on the dosecrease and get a curve. I do have a question. Her ex vet told me a curve was checking every 2 hours from the time of her shot to 6-8 hours later. I don't think that will suffice. What's a real curve? Every hour?

21. Cassandra and Sasha

I think either a +4 or a +5 is fine. You're doing so great, Sara! Awesome job hootin!!! :mrgreen:

22. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

A curve can be every 2 or 3 hours. I tend to prefer every 2 hours, especially if this is the first couple you're doing. It should cover the 12-hour cycle. I think some vets will only do an 8-hour curve since that gives a bean time to get their cat to the office and pick the kitty up. There's info on how to do a curve[/color] on the link I included.

23. Sara & Magnolia

Sara & Magnolia Member

+4.5, 243

Thanks for the info. I'll have lots of data tomorrow.

243 at +4.5. These numbers are quite nonsensical. Like a Dr. Seuss rhyme. I really hope today wasn't a fluke.

24. Cassandra and Sasha

She's just bouncing from the blue. To be expected at this stage. No worries - her liver will learn over time. It was no fluke. :smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.