1/23 Mally PMPS 247, +2 172, +3 119, +4 112

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Chris & Mally, Jan 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris & Mally

Chris & Mally Member

Yesterday

Mally is supposed to have three more days on the drops, but I'm going to stop giving with last night's dose being her last. She's been on them for 11 days and her ears have cleared up nicely. The dosage recommendation for these drops is 7 consecutive days with a warning that continuing beyond the 7 days can delay wound healing. I've noticed in the past two days that the test sites on her ears are taking longer to heal and look bruised. If, for some reason, she develops a problem in her ears again, I'm going to ask the vet if there is an alternative treatment that doesn't contain steroids.

WCR - Mally was awake and alert this morning when one of my civvies got me up before the alarm. She was not circling the food bowls like the other cats were, but she ate well when I put breakfast down. She's feisty this morning too. I have my sister' dog for the weekend and the poor thing walked by Mally and got a good smack for no reason. My dogs know better than to get too close because Mally is known for doling out smacks whenever the mood strikes her. :lol: With a good breakfast in her belly, she's laying down for a nice snooze.

2. Chris & Mally

Chris & Mally Member

Re: 1/23 Mally AMPS 351, +2 358

Got a call from the assistant manager at Walmart about the test strips for the ReliOn Micro. I emailed them the other night after I had to switch meters because Walmart was unable to stock enough strips for the Micro. The assistant manager told me they received the strips for the Micro today and said they would make sure to keep enough in stock.

I like the Micro because the strips sip up a small amount of blood and, they stay on longer between the time you insert the strip and get the sample. The strips for OneTouch Ultra Mini I am using now are too finicky. I've wasted several of the strips during my learning curve on this meter and I've gotten error messages because the blood sample was not enough whereas, with the Micro, the sample would have been plenty.

I'll head over to Walmart when I get a chance and pick up several boxes of the strips for the Micro so I don't run low again. I'll keep the OneTouch as a back-up meter.

3. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Re: 1/23 Mally AMPS 351, +2 358, +4 329

Good plan re. the meters. (Just remember that there's an expiration on the strips.) I tend to buy 200 strips at a time!

Whatever is causing Mally's numbers to be up, hopefully either discontinuing the ear drops or the bounce clearing will happen soon. I got a chuckle about the way Mally has trained the dogs!

4. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

Enjoy your new meter! A convenient strip makes testing time sooo much easier for everyone. :mrgreen:

5. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

I like the Reli-On Micro too....it's great to be able to pick up some extra boxes
    to have on hand. Mally runs a tight ship with those droolers, eh? :lol:

6. Chris & Mally

Chris & Mally Member

Re: 1/23 Mally AMPS +4 329, +9.5 271

Mally does run a tight ship but when we're all in bed at night (two dogs and at least two cats in the bed every night), she's a little more tolerant. Bed time is truce time and once everyone finds their spot, we're all happy campers. :smile:

7. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Re: 1/23 Mally PMPS 247

oh boy oh boy, someone's gotta new shiny meter!! :lol:

Pat:
    LOL!!! this is why Walmarts are low on stock!!! :lol:

8. Chris & Mally

Chris & Mally Member

Re: 1/23 Mally PMPS 247, +2 172

Ha, I'm gonna go and reduce their stock real good tomorrow. :lol:

So, first night without the Mometamax drops and Mally is in the blue. Yeah!

9. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Re: 1/23 Mally PMPS 247, +2 172

:RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT YAA!!! lol

10. Chris & Mally

Chris & Mally Member

Re: 1/23 Mally PMPS 247, +2 172, +3 119

Wow, even lower yet at +3. She's hungry and it's getting close to the time for their late night light meal.

11. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

When your getting a big drop like this, it's helpful to feed a few bites of LC. I would have been feeding at +2 and +3. It helps to buffer the drop and will keep Mally surfing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.