1/23 Meowzi AMPS 189, +3~151

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by WCF and Meowzi, Jan 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WCF and Meowzi

WCF and Meowzi Well-Known Member

eta: ack. we did the unthinkable. we forgot to post the link to our last condo.

WCR: Purry, chatty, hungry. :D Ate a whole oz of breakfast by +0.75, all in one sitting (new mirtz cycle started last night).

She was lying awake and alert at my feet this morning (slept with her on floor last night), anxiously waiting for me to wake up and feed her and check LL, because today is Caturday and she wanted to see which of her old friends would be opening condos. She’s been chattering about maybe seeing Cagney, and D’s Shadow, and Doodle and Punklet and maybe even dat Bear. And that maybe there’ll be condo’s opened for Sasha (Cassandra) and Settles (QOP!) and Alex (Jill) and Lucy (Libby) and Flamie and Dude for us to visit. Oh, and Cosmo too. And she sends feel-better purrs to Cosmo.

She had an acupuncture appt yesterday, and Dr F-B got to stroke her fur and said she’s been looking really good this last three visits. Mommybean was very pleased to hear this. And has even seemed to gain some weight in December. (is true! I weighed her last week and she’s gained ½ lb!) Dr F-B again told Meowzi of her (Dr F-B’s) plan to come back as a cat in our family in her next life. Mommybean is still a little alarmed over this – how much of a previous life would a vettybean remember when they come back, specifically in terms of what should constitutes good care for a cat? We’ve never lived with a vetty-kitty in our house before.

Her appetite has been consistent, with the help of mirtz and chicken dust (we’re going through 2 oz of chicken dust per week!). We’re also coming to terms with the possibility that she may be a happy-pill lifer. Shaved her dose by a little bit a couple of weeks ago, for two cycles, and her appy visibly deteriorated, so we’re back to full dose now. We cut up the last of Maddie’s mirtz pills last night. Which made us a little sad. Meowzi says to tell Auntie Joan Maddie, and her little sister sMoochie, live forever in our hearts (and we still have Maddie's spoon!). And on that note, Meowzi also asked me to also say hello to Winnie’s mom and Noisy’s mom and Cyclone’s mom and Merlin’s mom and Thomas’ mom and Trouble’s mom (Laura, who does not post in LL but has been known to lurk here ;-) ). We hope you are all doing well, and Meowzi sends purrs. :YMHUG:

Appy and BG aside, everything else seems to be very stable *ANTIJINX* She seems to be sleeping a lot more, but it is hibernation season after all. We’re both looking forward to spring, when the mommybean can take her out in her stroller again. When she’s awake, she’s interested in her surroundings. We caught her watching Cali’s wildlife DVD last week. She’s also been wandering out into the living room to sit on her steps overlooking the parking lot to watch the comings and goings. And she’s climbed onto Cali’s kitty tower several times (almost always around midnight when the mommybean needed to go to sleep!) and seems to really like her new west wing addition that daddybean put up for her a week ago.

Oh, and yesterday, after acupuncture, she walked around exploring Dr F-B’s hospital. The staff came out to watch her inspect the bags of dog food, the washer and dryer, Dr F-B’s office, the restroom, and the exit corridor (no, she wasn’t trying to make a break for it). We all thought it was great how interested she was in everything, at a vet hospital, no less :eek: . Dr F-B noted that she was walking on her right hock but not on her left, so she will work on some leg points at our next appointment in two weeks’ time.

As for BGs – we took the bold move of reducing her dose by 0.25 units three days ago. We were tired of watching her bounce flip_cat flip_cat flip_cat , and thought to try to level her out at higher numbers to see if her liver would come down. So far, it seems to be working. But in looking at ss this morning, I’m thinking maybe she was due for a dosecrease after that dip into sub-40 on the main meter on 1/5/10. We hadn’t reduced then b/c she usually needs a dip into sub-40 on both meters, not just one, but she only read 50 on the Aviva. (Yes, I’m trying to talk my way out of noodles). I guess time will tell whether this dosecrease holds. BTW she still thinks greens are overrated and would prefer to paddleboat in the blues with Cagney and Shadow.

She’s due for bloodwork and a routine physical exam at her primary vet’s in February. We’ve held off on the ultrasound and dental b/c she’s been so stable, and the mommybean is really afraid to rock the boat (or the kitty, in this case). We’re hoping to do a consult with Dr Lisa after that round of b/w comes back, and then see if we can work some raw food back into her diet, just for some variety. Oh, almost forgot – she’d been stealing Cali’s raw heart snacks for a month or two, so we finally put out some just for her, and she’s been snacking on them on and off. We wonder if her HCT is still holding, was on low end of ref range the last time. And she did try to lick concrete on Monday when I let her out on the front porch, but I stopped her in case there was salt on it.

BTW, she asked last night why she’s considered an old-timer; says she’s barely 16.5 years old and hasn’t even received her driver’s licence yet. I had to placate her by saying Auntie Jojo made a mistake, that Jojo meant long-timers, and that everyone was too polite to correct her, to which my furry little princess laughed and says she wants to be known as a LONG-TIMER, not old-timer, thank you very much, and that if Auntie Jojo is upset at all, Meowzi will send her some of Cali’s playballs to appease her ;)

2. Lynee and Max

Lynee and Max Member

Re: 1/23 Meowzi AMPS 189

Loved reading the Meowzi report this morning. No doubt Meowzi has a special bean that loves her very very much. Nice looking AMPS today.

3. Fleapunk

Fleapunk Member

That was the best novella evah! :mrgreen:

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Someone's mama bean can write a book about her Princess. It would be a wonderful book, too (as befits a princess).

5. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

I LOVE this Meowzi report. It sounds like her life is perfect.

6. Miriam and Putty (GA)

Miriam and Putty (GA) Well-Known Member

Aww....what a nice Meowzi story. No noodles for you when you are working so hard to keep Meowzi happy and healthy.
    Yes I think LONG-TIMERS is much better.....old anything sounds just plain old. cat_pet_icon

7. Joan and Madison

Joan and Madison Member

Excellent WMR! :smile: :smile:

So good that The Princess is eating so well. That's too funny that you still have the spoon. :smile: Thank Meowzi for her kind "words" about Maddie and sMoochie. She's such a good girl.

I agree with the vettybean about coming back as a cat in your house. Sign me up!

8. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Terrific Meowzi report....long timers is a nicer way of putting it.... :lol:
    Enjoy your Caturday....Meowzi seems happy so all is good!

9. Celia & Marco

Celia & Marco Member

:lol: Meowzi is such a princess!!!

10. Cyn and Cosmo

Cyn and Cosmo Member

Love the report... glad the princess is doing so well!! I bet she is anxiously awaiting sunnier/warmer days so she can insist on some stroller rides!

11. Jen and Oreo (GA)

Jen and Oreo (GA) Well-Known Member

What a great WMR! She is such a good princess :smile:

12. pjstroop

pjstroop Member

That is the most beautimous WCR... :D
    It just warms my heart to hear her feeling sooo good! And exploring the Vet's office is priceless (smelling the dog food... Meowzi?!)

((WCF)) you are the best mamabean!! Meowzi iz a lucky kitty!

13. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

Make sure you send playballs and not raw hearts! In your sleep-deprived state, I wouldn't want you to get them confused.

It sounds like Princess is having a really good spell. I had wondered about the dental. Really glad she's feeling and eating well. You put so much into the care of your furbies, who wouldn't want to be a kitty in your household?

14. Juanita & Chika (GA)

Juanita & Chika (GA) Member

nice to hear Meowzi's Long Timer report. I think we all want to come to back as your kittehs!

15. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

That was a very nice story you wrote. Yeah for gaining weight, too! It sounds like Meowzi is doing well.

16. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

Geeze...I bet you were the over-achiever that wrote 20 pages when the teacher only wanted 5! Keep loving the lucky Princess! Has she completely forgiven you for "the kitten episode"?

17. Michelle and Doodle

Michelle and Doodle Member

Love love love this!!!
    Nothin like getting a full on Meowzi report! :D

18. Wendi and Milo (GA)

Wendi and Milo (GA) Member

Happy Long-Timer's day !

WCR is wonderful!!

19. lynn and bear (ga)

lynn and bear (ga) Member

awww, i love to hear she is doing well. you still are the best mamabean ever!

20. Emmy & Dude

Emmy & Dude Well-Known Member

Loved seeing Meowzi's report - have to admit every now and then I creep into LL and check it to see what she (and you) are up to. Dude has t know, don'cha see. That little fuzzy girl sure does attract him.

So good to see that she's doing so well - that's great news. She's one of the sweeties on here that everyone loves. The pictures of her are priceless.

Dude wants her to know, however, that he will be 16 this year and in lieu of a big party, he just wants his driver's license and a picture taken with it - he's offering to teach her to drive now that she's "of age" if she wants the lessons.

All kidding aside, you do such a fantastic job with this little furry bundle that we all love - you're such a great mom bean - kudos and kudos and kudos to you. Keep up the good work.

Dude sends whisker kisses and Mittsi (never to be left out) sends multi-toed paw pats.

And I send hugs,

Emmy & Dude (& Mittsi too)

Dude's SS: http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key= ... IBdg&hl=en

21. chriscleo

chriscleo Well-Known Member

love the meowzi report!
    she and cleo are on the same mirtz cycle, i think. i keep trying to stretch the mirtz out longer myself because i think it stops being as effective when she has it every 72 hours.

don't know if i've been seeing more recent pictures but i think meowzi's fur is looking nicer and nicer. :)

22. Cassandra and Sasha

Cassandra and Sasha Well-Known Member

Poking my head in. ;-) I failed on the condo today, but I have good reasons (of the superstitious variety).

I'm always so happy to see a Meowzi condo. That gorgeous furry white purry has a special place in my heart, and her mommabean has taught me so much. Sasha wanted me to express our heartfelt thanks for being there all of those times to bat ideas around and to give so much support. There is no doubt in my mind that we wouldn't be doing nearly as well if we had never crossed paths with you.

((((((Choy-Foong)))))) <---Just for being you. Please tell Meowzi that we luff her and give her lots of kisses and snuggles from Sasha (and me too!). :smile:

23. Cheryl and Winnie

Cheryl and Winnie Well-Known Member

Thank you for the hello Princess Meowzi. :D
    Wolfie and I love hearing how you are doing.... and it sounds very well. He is still mirting these days too.

Spring and stroller walks(well for you) we hope is soon.
    Wolf prefers to munch on fresh catnip in the garden.

We are sending you flat curve vibes. Remember those Meowzi? You have always been a royal princess, but you were also once the Queen of low flat curves . Winnie was always most impressed.
    Oh numbers schmumbers. Your WCR is the most important !! Keep up the fantastic job. :thumbup

with happy cat wishes,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.