1/23 Moses PMPS 355

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Erica & Moses, Jan 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Erica & Moses

Erica & Moses Member

Yesterday's Condo:
    http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3614

Hello! Moses is doing pretty good today, although I've been out of the house a lot. Later on last night, I was so happy to see him running around and talking. It was really late, but he was fired up and doing some back-talking. I guess he had a lot on his mind :lol: Sometimes you have to let it loose!

I'm feeling less frusterated from yesterday, thank you for your positivity Lantus Land. I really needed it! :RAHCAT

I think this month's new routine has strongly affected Moses and I more than I imagined. I've been so involved that lately, his PMPS has completely slipped my mind! It's terrible! It's like you think about him so much, that you forget about it! It's a weird phenomena. To combat this, I'll get a watch that beeps or something, b/c I don't want to be late anymore.

Tomorrow I have off, so I certainly plan to get some extra spot checks. The thought that this insulin pen could be corrupted still worries me a tad, but we'll never know until I get more numbers. But geez, those numbers are high, Mr. Hulk! And those veins are big, just not bleeding as well. Boost the iron! Ha, enough ramblings, thanks for all the interest you show in Moses and I, Lantus Land, means a lot! :thumbup

2. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

Hiya Erica,

I sure hope someone will ask you to increase your dose soon...you've been on this dose since 1/7! I know you don't have a ton of spot checks, but you did a full curve on 1/13. Maybe ask the advisors exactly what you need to do for them to feel comfortable with an increase?

I doubt your pen is corrupted. It does happen, but it also happens that you worry about the numbers and blame it on the insulin.

Please give the boy some scritches from Auntie Heather.

PS - Boo has a condo over in High Dose, if you want to visit.

3. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Heather has a point about Moses' dose but I also think you need spot checks to understand where some of his numbers are coming from. Moses has had some blues and greens and typically doses are held when that's the case.

Just out of curiosity, is there any way you can get more PM checks in on days when your at work? Even a before bed check would be better than having no checks during the evening cycle.

4. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Tomorrow should give a good idea of how Moses is doing with his numbers, were u thinking about maybe doing a curve? that would be good too.
    Both in the day cycle and evening.

And yea, evening checks are really important, a +3 would really be great and a before bed, as Sienne suggested...and u know, if you get up in the middle of the night for any reason, splash your face with water - this avoids you poking the ears in a zombie state :lol: , and do a quick test and go back to bed!
    Even on a weekend nite, set ur alarm for 2am or 3am - it only takes under 5 minutes.
    Give it a try and you'll see your data collection build up for easier dosing suggestions.

5. Erica & Moses

Erica & Moses Member

Re: 1/23 Moses PMPS 355 +3~255

Alright, I got I just got a test in before bed. Time to get some sleep for our spot checks tomorrow.

His Hulk ears are still big and veiny, but sometimes I wonder if I'm peircing old scabs :? I hope not.

Alright, Moses was hyper 5 minutes ago, and now he's passed out. Time to scoot to bed before he awakens. I look forward to collecting more data so Moses will feel better soon! :mrgreen:

Goodnight!

6. jojo and bunny

jojo and bunny Member

hey there. just stopping by to see how you're doing.
    no one has suggested a dose increase yet because lantus dosing is based on nadirs not PS's and the the very last PM spot check you got before tonight was green by +3! (and we do not have enough data to even say when your kitty nadirs yet). we do not raise a brand new to insulin cat's dose when they are getting green at night, possibly many hours before nadir. hence i strongly also suggest getting that before bed test every single night (check out everyone else's SS, they all do it). tonight you did, great, and it was not green, however there are not enough spot checks to know if that is simply a liver training school number from earlier green number that was missed. like the full curve on 1/13 is useless because there was no before bed test the night before and no one can know if he was not deep green that night and the 1/13 curve was just the bounce after green that all new diabetic lantus kitties do. (every cat has to go through liver training school, there are no shortcuts. it is a phase where your cat's body has to get used to normal numbers again. unbeknown to all owners their cat was sitting at high numbers and reset it's normal range to the higher number range before you got the official diabetes diagnosis. during this current phase we affectionately call LTS, liver training school, when your cat's body senses a number lower than the 'new normal high range' it has reset to it will overreact and use all it's defenses to bounce that BG right back up to pink). i'm not saying that you don't need a dose increase but you've only been giving him insulin for a touch over 2 weeks, numbers are pretty darn GOOD for that short amount of time on insulin, there is no rush to add more insulin into picture until we know that he is not getting green at night that you've been missing. the most important thing always with dosing suggestions is to do no harm, we certainly do not want to add more insulin into picture until we know that it is safe to do so. okay? so you get the data and we'll totally help ya get the right dose. deal? ;-)

~jojo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.