1/23 Sherman Gets a Condo

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Stephanie & Max, Jan 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stephanie & Max

Stephanie & Max Member

Hi Lantus Land. I'm sure most of you don't know me. I don't get here to often anymore, but there was a time I couldn't imagine not being here. My sweet sugar kitty's name was Sherman.

Sherman was diagnosed as diabetic in late June of 2007. A friend who is a vet tech sent me to this site and I read all the info, but did not join the message board at this point and was not following a tight regulation protocol. Sherman started on Lantus on 7/4/07. He was on Lantus for just under a month and then he went into a honeymoon phase. I tested daily then weekly, then monthly. His numbers were normally around 120-130 during this period. At the beginning of June 2008 I noticed that Sherman was drinking and peeing more. I took him to the vet and he went back on lantus. On 6/21/08 my DH accidentally gave Sherman 30 units instead of 3 units. When I got home Sherman was at 44 and was rushed to the ER. He was in the hospital for several days but thankfully suffered no permanent damage. I got Sherman back on insulin on 6/21/08 with the help of everyone in Lantus Land.

Sherman went off the juice October 22, 2008. On the night of 12-8-2008 Sherman wouldn't eat dinner. I was concerned about another bad pancreatitis flare. After trying a few meds decided to take him in for a fPLI on the 10th. Vet also wanted to do an endoscopy to look at his bowel. Shermans fPLI came back at 51 and the biopsies came back with the DX of either irritable bowel disease of small cell lymphoma. I'm not sure if the treatment caused Sherman's BG to go up or if it was the pancreatitis.

My sweet Sherman passed away on Saturday, May 23, 2009. He had been fighting many issues including chronic pancreatitis and either ibd or small cell lymphoma. He finally succumb to renal failure. I was so very lucky to have so many wonderful years with my sweet boy. Words cannot express how much I miss him. I miss his purr, his meow when he was announcing he had gotten on the bed, his smell, his sweet face....all of it. Lantus Land is a truly wonderful place and I am forever grateful.

2. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

I know you! I know you! And it's so good to see you Stephanie (and the beautiful picture of Sherman). I hope you have been doing well.

3. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

Oh, I miss seeing you, and Sherman's sweet face. Very sweet of you to check on us here, and to post his story. His was the first SS where I saw "snackus" used (it was a snuck snack, as I recall, Sherman's idea),

4. Michelle and Doodle

Michelle and Doodle Member

(((Stephanie)))
    God... I miss seeing Shermie's condos...
    You both fought so hard.

He will always be in our hearts...

5. lynn and bear (ga)

lynn and bear (ga) Member

Hi, Steph. It's nice to see you! To this day I still think of that precious presidential smoosh.

6. Cyn and Cosmo

Cyn and Cosmo Member

Shermie. How we all miss you. I know you check in on your momma bean and all of LL once in awhile, but we still miss your big orinch presence.

It's good to hear from you Stephanie.

7. Barbara and tuffy

Barbara and tuffy Well-Known Member

It is good to hear from you. Think of you and Sherman often. Hope you are doing well.

8. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

stephanie... so glad you stopped by! we miss you... and sweet shermie, too.
    it's really good to hear from you...

9. chriscleo

chriscleo Well-Known Member

awww, i loved president sherman so much! what a gorgeous little guy he was.
    cleo and i are fighting that same fight of pancreatitis and lymphoma along with the diabetes, so there's a special spot in my heart for you and sherm. we'll remember him here forever. (((HUGS)))

10. pjstroop

pjstroop Member

((Stephanie)) So glad that you stopped in..
    Sherman has such a wonderful story to tell..
    He was such brave kitty who truly inspired many of us!

Hope that all is going well with you!

11. Sarah and Velcro

Sarah and Velcro Member

Stephanie! It is so good to see you. (((hugs)))

12. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

(((((Stephanie)))) we miss you, I think about you and Sherman all the time. Sherman was another of our most special kitties, truly a fighter and a hero.

13. Barb and Tori

Barb and Tori Well-Known Member

It's so good to see you Stephanie. Sherman really was one of the special ones and he will never be forgotten. We miss you. Please come back more often.

14. Fleapunk

Fleapunk Member

Hail to The Chief. We miss our fearless leader too. :(

Verra happy you opened a condo today, iz great to see you! :smile:

15. Judith and Thomas

Judith and Thomas Member

Awwww, Shermie, the special orange boy. So very good to see your post.

What an incredible warrior he was. He was indeed one of the very special ones. We will never forget him. I still miss him, too. Your post tonight was very moving. A wonderful tribute to your boy.

(((Stephanie)))

Judith and Thomas (GA)

16. Jen and Oreo (GA)

Jen and Oreo (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Stephanie))). So glad you opened a condo for our dear president. We all love him and miss him so!

Stop by more often, k??

17. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

What would this day be without you & Sherman--Miss him, he was a valiant fighter..Orinch fearless leader..Thanks for being here today & so glad to see you! Hail President Sherman..!

18. Juanita & Chika (GA)

Juanita & Chika (GA) Member

so glad to "see" you stephanie! sherman (and you) are an inspiration to all!

19. WCF and Meowzi

WCF and Meowzi Well-Known Member

:YMHUG: (((stephanie))) :YMHUG: it's good to see you and shermie.

20. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

Thanks for opening a condo, Stephanie. I miss you, and sure miss your sweet Sherman.

21. Joan and Madison

Joan and Madison Member

(((Stephanie))) I've missed you! And we all miss President Shermie. It's really good to see you posting. :smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.