1/23 Tess PMPS 309

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ann & Tess GA, Jan 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

yesterday

Tess went down and decided to hang out in the 60s at nadir.

Recap: PMPS 266 +5~53 +5.5~88, +6~79, +6.5~72, +7~60, +7.5~67, +8~58, +8.5~63, +10.5~68

I can do the +11 but have to leave to teach a class before the preshot, unless she really bounces back up she may still be low for the preshot and I won't be here John my DH will.

How should he deal with the shot ? Hand holding please. Added problem she hasn't been eating much, or cause of the problem.

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Re: HELP! still low this AM

Can DH test and post here?

3. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA Well-Known Member

Gosh, Ann. I wish I could offer some advice, but those are some confusing numbers.

4. Lynee and Max

Lynee and Max Member

Good morning Ann. I'm no expert on dosing advice but I do see on your spreadsheet that this is a new dose as of yesterday and you are also using a new meter. The combination of these two things can give you some wonky numbers. My thought would be to go ahead and shoot .75 (but maybe make it a skinny .75 - just shave a hair off) as long as DH is there to monitor and can post with the numbers he gets so that he can get advice if needed. As far as the not eating very much, have you tried tempting with a variety of different things? I've also gone so far with Max as to take a soft Pounce treat and crumble it up on top of his food when he decides he doesn't want to eat. This usually always does the trick. Another thing that always works to get Max to get is to take some Fortiflora an sprinkle that on top of his food. I can put anything on a plate and sprinkle it with Fortiflora and he will gobble it right up. Eating is important when giving the insulin. No fudz in the belly with the insulin will surely make a sick kitty.

Also have you tried to give a dribble of something HC if your concerned about his lower numbers? I don't think you have much to worry about with a number in the 60's but to ease your mind, you may give him just a taste of something HC before you shoot.

Hopefully some experts will be along soon to answer but I wanted to get some sort of reply off to you because I saw that you hadn't had any input from anybody yet.

5. Ann & Tess GA

yes, but he will need help deciding on delay, dose and shoot or no shoot. Going to do +11 now.

6. Ann & Tess GA

+11 is 78!!! Looks like she''s finally rising if only a little.

7. Lynee and Max

Lynee and Max Member

Glad to see a rise going on here. You still have an hour before shooting so maybe she'll rise a little bit more before shot time.

8. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

I'll be around (even if I need to drink MORE coffee since I think you and I were both up late testing our kitties!!) and keep an eye out for your DH. Please make sure he changes the subject line in your first condo and puts the AMPS # there along with whether he may need help. (Also have him put in a reply post so your condo gets bumped to the top.) I'll be keeping an eye out. It's looking like Tess' numbers are on the way up -- we just don't know how far up.

9. Ann & Tess GA

What does it nee to get up to in order to shot, Tess had a decrease yesterday to .75u.

Thanks Sienne, I'll make sure he knows how. I may have to start a little late, she was really fed up w/ all the poking when I did the +11. Had to hold her down under my leg to get the sample. He may need help.

10. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Tess' shed is really full. I'd definitely like to see her solidly in the blues but if she's not there, we may want to shoot a reduced dose (BCS = big chicken sh*t dose).

It's not a great idea to both stall and shoot a BCS dose. You can drop to 0.5 or 0.25 depending on where Tess is and your comfort level. You may want to give this some thought before you are out the door so both you and DH are on the same page.

11. Ann & Tess GA

Re: HELP! Shoot? 1/23 Tess AMPS 75

AMPS 75 John wants to go .25u as she is still in the greens and he will be here alone, got to go. He will wait for your reply before shooting.

12. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

13. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Tess is just surfing her heart out. Given that you've not shot on this low of a number, I'd suggest giving it another 15 min. and re-testing. I know Tess is going to hate you after all of the poking last night but I'd like to see her have a bigger rise so you know her numbers are really on the way up.

14. Ann & Tess GA

number at last AMPS + 15 minutes was 84. Go ahead and feed and shoot?

15. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Wait another 15. These are essentially the same numbers. She's surfing - not rising.

16. Ann & Tess GA

Ok, will wait. Thanks

17. Ann & Tess GA

Last number was 97. So numbers are AMPS 75, +25Minutes 84, +40minutes 97. Should it be higher?

18. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Yay! This is a definite rise. I would shoot the BCS dose.

Remember that you are off (1/2 hr?) of your regular shot time and you will need to shoot 12 hrs from this time at PM.

Please test at +1. And please feed what I hope is your starving kitty!

19. Ann & Tess GA

Thanks, that's what I was thinking. SHe is pissed from all the sticking, but hopefully will eat lots.

20. Ann & Tess GA

Tess +1 was 162. Test about every 2 or 3 hours?

21. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

I'd get a test in 2 hrs and if all is good, you can slow down the testing.

Please remember to edit the subject line in the first post in this condo. You want to remove the Help! Shoot? and add in Tess' numbers. Also, the AMPS is 97 -- that's the number you shot so that is the actual AMPS (vs. the lower numbers that we stalled on). Sorry about the housekeeping but whenever anyone sees a "Help" it generates lots of people jumping in and we're trying to make sure things get edited once the questions get answered.

22. Ann & Tess GA

Re: AMPS 97 1/23 Tess +1 162

I edited first post. I shot at .25U so I expect she will go up higher later this afternoon. I'll test at +3 and go from there. She seems to be interested in eating again, a good sign. Thanks for your help. John

23. Ann & Tess GA

Tess number at +3 was 189. I think it looks good for now.

24. Ann & Tess GA

Tess number at +6 is 349. I guess I shot to light this morning. +3 was 189. But didn't have a feel for her reaction, and wanted to be cautious. She seems to be eating better today.

25. pjstroop

pjstroop Member

Hi Ann!
    Just poppin in to see Tess's progress. She is doing very well... Awesome!
    Pretty soon you'll be shooting those lower numbers with no problems.. takes time :mrgreen:

Another great day for Tess!

26. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

The bounce isn't unexpected given the numbers last night. I suspect that even if you shot the full dose, you'd still have a bounce.

I think you made the best decision you could for today. You weren't going to be home - DH was. Both of your comfort levels needed to be taken into account. I think you did great! If Tess' shed is a little lighter, it's not a bad thing since it was probably a bit full and what you take out of the shed can be replaced.

27. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

nice job this morning! It was expected that she would bounce from last night's lower numbers, that would have happened even if you had shot the full dose (maybe not quite as much, but maybe). The good news is that Tess clears bounces really quickly, so she'll be back on track in no time.

28. Ann & Tess GA

Hi, thanks for helping John out. Just got done reviewing his posts and getting it all in the SS.

Should I test at +11 or just leave her alone until PMPS? Tess ate pretty well this morning and slept most of the afternoon (I joined her when I got home). She just woke up and is looking pretty perky.

29. Ronnie & Luna

Re: Question? 1/23 Tess PMPS upcoming

I like +11's, but that's just me and my bad habits :D

30. Ann & Tess GA

Yes Ronnie, I'm learning about you already. :lol:

Also, Yesterday was a decrease to .75u and this morning John shot BCS .25u. So go back to .75?

31. Ronnie & Luna

BUMP!

bump

32. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

IMHO, it's entirely up to you if you want to get a +11. I think Tess has had a lot of poking over the last 24 hours and unless you have a dramatic change in her numbers, the plan is to shoot the 0.75. I'd be more concerned about getting a +11 if Tess' numbers were low.

33. Ann & Tess GA

Tess thanks you, Sienne. bcatrun_gif

I'll be back after PMPS.

34. Ann & Tess GA

309 for the PMPS, lower than we thought it might be. Shot .75u and she is eating, with a little encouragement. She was up and grooming before the test.

Everyone is rested and in a better mood. cat_pet_icon Fingers crossed for tonight.

35. Ann & Tess GA

Re: 1/23 Tess PMPS 309, +3~152

Tess was down to 152 at +3. She is acting a lot more like her old self, grooming and insisting on sitting exactly where she wants to be. We all need agood night's sleepso goodnight, I'll try to get aBG sometime before morning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.