1/24 Chloe - AMPS ~ 393, +1 ~ 402

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Chris and Chloe, Jan 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris and Chloe

Chris and Chloe Member

Hello LL. Sorry we've been absent for a few days. Chloe's numbers have been so bad, I really didn't feel like posting them.

WCR = ok. Chloe seems to be walking less on her toes, and her coat doesn't look as good to me. She's still eating well, and doesn't seem to be drinking or peeing more.

Since Chloe's ultrasound results didn't indicate any problems with her organs, my vet is recommending a stomach and spine x-ray and a bile-acids test. The ultrasound vet didn't think Chloe needed x-rays....he suggested having another blood panel done in about 4 weeks to see if her liver values are still elevated. At this point, I'm tempted to wait on the x-rays and bile-acids until we do another blood panel. I really don't want to put Chloe through all the tests. And, I'm not sure how you fast a diabetic cat for 12 hours, which is what I'd have to do for the bile-acids test.

Recap
    PMPS ~ 260 - cycle 9 on 1.5
    + 1.75 ~ 174
    +4 ~ 160
    +9 ~ 390
    AMPS ~ 393 - cycle 10 on 1.5
    +1 ~ 402
    +4 ~ 302

The last green we saw was in cycle 7. Do you think the red and stinkus pinkus are rebounds from the greens, or just an indication that it's time to increase dose to 1.75?

Will be back later to check in on all the LL kitties!

2. Sashasmom

Sashasmom Member

sending more feel good Chloe vines

come one Chloe, you've been green before and can get there again! :mrgreen:

3. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

Chloe!!! Come on down, baby-doll. No, no, no stinkus pinkus...bloos & greens for Chloe's bean.

Chris, I hope you have a good time walking the droolers today. I've got one you can walk if you want to come visit (my neighbors actually take pity on my poor dog and walk her every once-in-a-while :mrgreen: ). Also, hope you can find your answers and get C-Bear feeling better.

4. kate and lucky

kate and lucky Member

Chris,

so sorry to hear Chloe still isn't herself.
    I hoped you'd get some answers on health.

Do you think her neuropathy is returning if she walking on her hocks?

I hope you can get some answers soon.

Sorry not up on your recent history and it's way past my bedtime. I see Libby is around, hopefully she can offer some thoughts on whether to increase Chloe's dose.

(((hugs to you and scritches to Chloe)))

5. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Chris
    I was wondering where your posts have been,
    I am sorry that Chloe is not feeling well. I just wanted to let you
    know that we are thinking about you guys and sending healing vines your way.
    Big hugs.

6. paige

paige Well-Known Member

Chris - I couldn't remember from when you took Chloe to the Er vet but did they check her urine or blood for any infection? Just curious.

7. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

Hi Chris. I too, am sorry to hear that Chloe isn't feeling up to par. Hopefully one of these tests will show something so that you can treat her and help her out. ((((Chris & Chloe))))

Now, as far as those stinkus pinkus and raunchy reds, I am leaning towards rebound from the lower numbers. I can't help with dosing advise so hopefully someone else can help you out.

8. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Chris:

By any chance did the vet run a toxicology panel? Here's my thinking. The standard bloodwork didn't show anything except elevated liver values. The liver is the primary organ for detoxifying foreign substances and medications. If there's no immediate reason to think there's something medically out of whack, could Chloe gotten into something environmental. For example, could a human medication have been on the floor and she ate it, cleaning products, a plant, anything? It may be too long for a tox screen to be of value at this point but whether Chloe got into something she shouldn't have may be worth some sleuthing on your part. Also, if Chloe goes outdoors, the scope of what you need to consider is expanded and I would definitely think about things like antifreeze, plant mulch, etc. this time of year.

Did you stop the methyl-B12 for Chloe's neuropathy or is your concern about something else?

9. pjstroop

pjstroop Member

Hi Chris!

I'm sorry that Chloe is still feeling puny... geesh!

From looking at her numbers and the neuropathy beginning to act up again, I would be on the same page that you are.. in increasing the dose..

See what others say!

Sending Miss C all my good thoughts and prayers.. and you a great big cyber ((hug))..

Have you PM'd Jojo? She was looking for you.. :mrgreen:

10. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

I could've sworn I posted in here already, guess not... If Chloe were my cat, I would probably go ahead and raise her dose to try to get her closer to the range she is used to. You know how to test, and you know that once she is feeling better the numbers will probably drop, so you can catch it.

11. Chris and Chloe

Chris and Chloe Member

Re: 1/24 Chloe - +10 ~ 286, and replies to questions

Thanks, LL friends for the thoughts, suggestions and good vines! They are SO much appreciated.

Responses to your questions/thoughts:

-- Yes, the ER vet did check blood and urine for infection - no sign of anything
    -- Yes, I do think the neuropathy is returning a bit, and I'm being better about making sure Chloe gets the methyl B-12 BID
    -- Chloe is an inside only cat. There is a chance that she ate a "shoot" from a palm plant/tree we have in the front hall. Neither DH nor I know what kind it is. I've caught Chloe eating the leaves (when they fall off the plant/tree) before. But DH commented that one of the catties ate a budding shoot. Does anyone know of those are toxic to catties? Other than that, I really can't think of what she may have gotten in to.
    -- Yes, I walked the droolers today. I love starting my Sunday walking the shelter dogs. :D

If Chloe's in the high yellers (or worse) at PMPS, I think I'll increase the dose to 1.75. Have to get her out of these bad numbers.

Thanks again for the support!

12. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Hey chris - hope things get better for chloe soon. Wow - do hope those numbers drop. Up to 1.75?

I have upped Mannie to 2.75, doing really well with it for 2 days, cycle 6 however did bring on really nice greens, but wow : RBC big time. got 493 @ pmps. and back to LTS. :YMSIGH:

Sending lots of vines your way. Miss Chloe could not have a better caregiver.

13. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.