1/24 Cori's Tommy is sick :-(

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Cori and Tommy, Jan 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cori and Tommy

Cori and Tommy Member

He was doing so well too :( His morning bg was 99, which is a little bit high. I was out for most of the day and when I came back one of the cats had thrown up a little a couple of times. No hairball though so I was thinking one of the cats is working on it (don't know which one, now I'm thinking its Tommy). Well his dinner bg was 109 and 2 hours later its 115. He's not really moving much (just curled under a dining room chair) and when I tried to move him to check his bg he growled at me, and it wasn't his normal grumpy growl/meow it seemed more like a pain growl. He seems to be walking fine. I'm thinking he might be getting one of this constipation episodes. He's thrown up before when he's gotten this way. I hope he is able to pass it and doesn't have to go to the vet like last time! I gave him some hairball gel and will do it again tomorrow morning. I think I'll try to give it one more day and if he's not better by tomorrow night will take him to the vet. I just cleaned today so I don't think he could have eaten anything bad. I use all-natural cleaning products too so I don't think he could have gotten sick that way either. I'll keep you guys posted! Wish Tommy healing thoughts please!!

2. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

sending vines.... feel better, Tommy.

3. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Feel better Tommy!

4. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

sending many vines - feel better tommy!

5. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Sending Healing Vines to dear Tommy--Get whatever is clogging you out!!! HUGS!

6. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA Well-Known Member

Aww. I hope he's better very soon.

7. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Cori - I hope Tommy feels better soon.
    Sending healing vines and hugs your way.

8. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Tommy will feel better real soon....keep us posted, k? :YMHUG:

9. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA) Well-Known Member

hope Tommy feels better soon. That happens to one of my cats fairly often if I don't keep him lubed(which reminds me) and he always throws up if he's constipated. They are definitely connected. sending healing vines to Tommy ♥

10. Sara & Magnolia

Sara & Magnolia Member

Poor kitty. Feel better soon Tommy!

11. jojo and bunny

jojo and bunny Member

cori you have any miralax in house? if ya don't think it is time to have some. a little sprinkle a day can keep the constipation away.
    dang it a wrote up a big long thing about how to dose constipation meds to someone recently. was it here on oldtimers caturday or was it on FB? ack, can't remember. i have to run out right now to new PT place for evaluation appt, so ms/ slow typer doesn't have time to type that all up. but i'll bbl....hopefully someone else will remember and link it for you before i get back....

sending litter box prezzie vines....

12. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

constipation meds?

Think Putty was constipated recently? Can't remember for sure..

13. Miriam and Putty (GA)

Miriam and Putty (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: constipation meds?

Putty was not constipated recently but he has been in the past. He gets Miralax in his food every other day and he has not had any problems. I think what Nina was referring to was a couple of weeks ago Putty was hiding under the bed, growled and hissed at me which he does not do. Putty did also throw up his breakfast that morning which is another thing he never does. He pretty much stayed under the bed most of the day and did not come out to eat. He never misses a meal. I did take him to the vet because this was unusual behavior for him. He was tested for pancreatitis and the vet did complete blood work but it showed that there might be a slight infection but nothing else. He was pretty much fine the next day.

I would try the Miralax like Jojo suggested and if that is not the problem I might consider taking him to the vet.

Poor Tommy...I hope he feels better soon.

14. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Feel better soon Tommy!!! cat_pet_icon
    Keep us posted Cori ok?

15. Brenda and Morris

Brenda and Morris Member

Would this be it?
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3733&p=35911&hilit=+miralax#p35911

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.