1/24 Mally PMPS 254, +2 256

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Chris & Mally, Jan 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris & Mally

Chris & Mally Member

Yesterday

I left food out for Mally overnight as I usually do. Her PMPS +4 was 112 and her AMPS (which is actually PMPS +11.5) was 147. I'm guessing this is a rising number, but I want to test again and make sure before I shoot this morning. Sound good?

2. Chris & Mally

Chris & Mally Member

Re: 1/24 Mally AMPS Eyes Please

Tested again 15 minutes later and she is down to 139. Not sure what to do since this is a falling number.

3. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

If I were you, and it was my cat, and I was going to be home to monitor, I would shoot.

4. Chris & Mally

Chris & Mally Member

Tested again @ 9:00 AM and she's at 130. I'm home all day so I'm going to go ahead and shoot. Have to do it now so she's on schedule.

5. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Perfect. We'll be here. And she'll be fine. You have HC, just in case, right?

6. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Please get a +1.

Please fill in the doses you've been shooting the last couple of AMs. It looks like you've skipped shots, otherwise.

7. Chris & Mally

Chris & Mally Member

Thanks so much, Dyana!

I have everything on hand in case of a hypo event.

Mally is eating now so the next few tests might show her numbers rising because of a food spike.

8. Chris & Mally

Chris & Mally Member

Re: 1/24 Mally AMPS 130

Thanks, Sienne! I thought I put the AM doses on the SS. Strange. Anyway, I updated so it doesn't look like I skipped shots.

Will get a +1 test.

9. Chris & Mally

Chris & Mally Member

Re: 1/24 Mally AMPS 130, +1 127

Morning Recap so far

8:30 AM - test - BG 147
    8:45 AM - test - BG 139
    9:00 AM - AMPS - BG 130
    9:03 AM - Gave shot - .75
    9:08 AM - Fed Breakfast - Mally ate well
    10:00 AM - +1 test - BG 127 with food on board

10. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Great recap - thanks.

I'm an avowed testaholic and this is a low PS for Mally. So far, this could be a surf but the Lantus will be kicking in soon. Can you get a +2 so you have an idea if Mally may surf or may start dropping?

11. Chris & Mally

Chris & Mally Member

No problem with a +2. I'm here all day so I can test as much as needed.

12. Chris & Mally

Chris & Mally Member

Re: 1/24 Mally AMPS 130, +1 127, +2 121

Still dropping at +2. Will test again at +3.

13. Chris & Mally

Chris & Mally Member

Re: 1/24 Mally AMPS 130, +1 127, +2 121, +3 112

Are we going green today? The +3 was after Mally snacked on some more of her breakfast. Mally and the other cats are fed in the morning, but typically don't eat everything at once. They eat a bit and then come back throughout the day to graze with a little bit here and a little bit there.

Mally has been grazing this morning, but she has not been gorging herself by overeating. I guess she's following the signals her body is giving by having a few bites every now and then.

14. Chris & Mally

Chris & Mally Member

Re: 1/24 Mally AMPS 130, +2 121, +3 112, +4 110, +5 109

We've had a bit of a poke fest here today with tests every hour and Mally has been surfing the lower blues so far today. She's been snoozing in between tests and now I'm going to take a short nap and test again in two hours. :smile:

15. Helene & Tizon

Helene & Tizon Well-Known Member

Re: 1/24 Mally AMPS 130, +1 127, +2 121, +3 112

Hello! Yeah it's a bit of a pokefest in here today.. but it's good!

The eating pattern you are describing is very good. It's also referred to as feeding the curve.
    Mally is surfing or so it looks like... and that's good!

16. Chris & Mally

Chris & Mally Member

Re: 1/24 Mally AMPS +3 112, +4 110, +5 109, +8 136

Mally took a nap with me so I know she hasn't eaten for a while. Did her +8 test then fed dinner a little after 5:00 PM, but she wasn't interested. She usually eats something when food is put down so I put a little bit of the freeze-dried chicken in front of her and she ate that. Took another little piece and sprinkled it on her food and now she's eating. :)

17. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Beautiful surf! It looks like stopping the ear drops has made a big difference in Mally's numbers.

FYI, one of the quirks that some cats see on Lantus is what we call a double dip, meaning that they might have a normal nadir in the middle of the cycle, their numbers go up after that, then dip down again near the end of the cycle. Last night, Mally went down to 112 in the PM cycle, so even though her AMPS was lower than you're used to, it was higher than the nadir she had earlier today. Probably the fact that she went from 147 down to 130 was just a double dip, since she had already nadired at 112 or lower. You can shoot double dips. Getting +11 tests every now and then is a good way to establish whether Mally is a double dipper.

18. Chris & Mally

Chris & Mally Member

Thanks, Libby! I'm amazed too about the big difference in her numbers after going off the ear drops.

Good to know about the double dipping. Now and then her pre-shot numbers seem to be a bit lower and I've wondered about that.

I'm happy with her numbers today and glad she's no longer on the ear drops.

19. Chris & Mally

Chris & Mally Member

Re: 1/24 Mally PMPS 254

I can't wait to get over to Walmart tomorrow and pick up the strips for my ReliOn Micro so I can go back to using that meter again. I was going to go today but we had some icy road conditions so I put it off. I really, really don't like the OneTouch Ultra Mini.

Mally is doing well and slept most of the day today. I had to keep waking her up for her tests, which is probably why she kept going back to sleep. :smile:

20. Tina & Sammy

Tina & Sammy Well-Known Member

Re: 1/24 Mally PMPS 254

Hi Chris,

It looks like Mally had a great day. Such pretty Blues, and oh so close to green, or possibly a green in there that you didn't get to see.

I was at Wal-Mart today getting more strips too. If your Wal-Mart is anything like mine, always check with he pharmacy for the strips if they aren't on the shelf. When I went today there was only one box of strips on the shelf and I decided to ask the pharmacist about getting some on order, but they had two more boxes in the pharmacy. I was so glad because I didn't want to have to keep going every single week to get more strips. Right now we are going through nearly 50 strips a week, and if I can only get one box at a time it can get inconvenient to have to go there every week. I am stocked up for a few weeks now.

21. Chris & Mally

Chris & Mally Member

Tina, yes, Mally had a good AM cycle. A little higher tonight, but probably because of those low numbers from the last night's PM and today AM cycles. She had a nice surf in the blues last night and today and I'm content to sit back and watch how things unfold and get good data on her numbers. She's been so patient with the testing, but today was a lot for her and now she tries to duck her head into the towel that I wrap around her when I do her tests. She's such a good girl and I feel sorry for her when I have to poke her ears, but she's very forgiving and sleeps with me at night.

I had to email Walmart the other day because they never have strips in stock. Got a call yesterday from them and they told me they have some in stock now and will make sure they don't run out. I plan to pick up several boxes of strips when I'm there tomorrow and I just may end up depleting their stock. :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.