1/24 Max AMBG 105 ~ 89 +4 OTJ Trial Day 3

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Lynee and Max, Jan 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lynee and Max

Lynee and Max Member

Happy Sunday LL. Sorry for the late post. Was waiting for DH to get up so I could show him how to start a condo for the day. Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning :twisted:

WCR: We're having some storms roll through today with lots of rain, thunder and lightning and Max hates storms so there isn't much to report other than he's in hiding. No doubt I'm seeing blues in the morning due to no fudz at night. Max decided to sleep out in the living room again last night with the kittens and I slept through the whole night so he didn't get any snackus. I always see a blue number when he goes that long without food. I can't leave anything out in the kitchen for him because the kittens will devour it within minutes of the plate hitting the floor.

ETA: ACK - forgot to add yesterday's condo so here it is:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3683

ETAA: OK - DH waking up so foul has really messed me up today - had to edit again to change the 89 from a +3 to a +4.

2. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 1/24 Max AMBG 105 ~ 89 +3 OTJ Trial Day 3

Happy Day 3...he brought that blue right down into green.... :thumbup

3. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Re: 1/24 Max AMBG 105 ~ 89 +3 OTJ Trial Day 3

HAPPY DAY 3!! :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT

Stay safe from the crazy weather over there!

4. Celia & Marco

Celia & Marco Member

What a purdy green!!!

5. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Nice Mr. P action. :mrgreen:

Ronnie reminded me to stop by and give you the semi-official OTJ trial instructions. I must have missed giving them to you the first day, sorry.

Here ya go:
    Test at your normal AMPS and PMPS times. Feed multiple small meals throughout the day as much as possible (small meals are less likely to overwhelm a newly functioning pancreas).

If he is green at your normal test times, no need to test further until the next "PS" time, just feed small meals and go about your day. If he is blue, feed a small meal and test again after about 3 hours. If his number is lower 3-4 hours after a meal, then his pancreas is working!

Post every day so we can monitor your progress and see if any tweaks are needed. It is not unusual for cats to get lots of blue during their trial, especially at first. Don't panic and don't shoot unless we tell you to.

After 14 days of no insulin, we have a party!

Sometimes the trial doesn't work the first time and we have to give a little more support in the form of resuming insulin. It's not the end of the world if that happens, we just give him the support he needs. Our goal is a strong remission and it's better to take our time to get that than to rush into remission just to have it fail later on.

Good luck!

6. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

Hey, don't forget DH will be able to READ these threads! :)

Exciting to see Max in countdown.

7. Lynee and Max

Lynee and Max Member

Re: 1/24 Max PMBG 104 OTJ Trial Day 3

Another blue number but that's okay. I fed him a small dinner and will do another test in 3 hours to see if he's gone green yet. Thanks for the info Libby. Very helpful to know that I should expect to see some blues during this trial. And if it doesn't work this time, well then we'll go back to shooting again but paws crossed Mr. P has healed and is ready to give this a whirl.

WCR: Not much activity today. He's spent a litte bit of time out in the living room with DH getting some scrubbies and then wanted to come into the bedroom with me for some snuggles. Hasn't been very playful and seems slightly warm to me (but then again, we have been laying on the electric blanket :D ).

8. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Whoot Whoot!! What a great day 3 for Max!! :thumbup :RAHCAT :thumbup I know he will make it!!
    DH's are challenged in various ways..But we love em anyway! Soon we'll be telling you--Step away from the Meter! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hugs from Moonie & us to Max & you!!! :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

9. Lynee and Max

Lynee and Max Member

Re: 1/24 Max PMBG 104 ~ 88 +3 OTJ Trial Day 3

Well he brought himself down into the greens again :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT

WCR: Still just kinda laying around. Almost seemed to me like he wasn't feeling that well but apparently just being lazy today. Max and I are snuggled up in the bed watching The Notebook (one of my favorite movies) and he spied something moving in the bathroom and made a dart for whatever it was. Still not sure what he was seeing but he was bound and determined that there was something there.

Bean is heading back to finish watching her movie. Will see ya'll tomorrow morning. Have a wonderful Sunday evening everybody.

10. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

YES MR PANCREASS!!!

:RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.