1/24 Max AMPS 395-Dosecrease-PMPS 394

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Randi & Max (GA), Jan 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Good Morning
    1st cycle 5.5u

Wow yesterday was an exciting time on the board with all the old timers coming for a visit.
    As a Newbie (is 2 months still a newbie, lol) it was very helpful to read so many stories.

Max has been very flat pink the last few days and was very quiet yesterday.
    I increased his dose only by .25 this morning. I did not get any feedback if it should have been .25 or .5 so played it safe and did the .25.
    Any thoughts would be helpful.

WCR: Max seems a bit brighter this morning. He dipped to 214 at a +4 PMPS so maybe he had some nice numbers overnight. Now he is playing (okay looking) at some pipe cleaners rolled in catnip. He seems interested in them so maybe I can get a playful kitty back.
    Have a great Sunday.

Yesterday's Condo

2. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Re: 1/24 Max AMPS 395-Dosecrease

You did the right thing increasing by 0.25U--That Is the protocol here--You can always wait the 3 days & see where he goes. You can always increase again.
    Sometimes, just a bit of an increase can do wonders! Come on Max, let's see some nice yellow & blue maybe??
    Randi you are doing a fabulous job with him! Patience & love, maybe Max will show you something today, but you need to wait the 6 cycles-OK?
    Hugs to you both from Us!

3. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Good luck with the dosecrease....I think also that you did right by increasing by .25u. and Roni is
    right about the patience and love part....I agree with everything she wrote!
    You are doing a great job....you are attentive to Max and his numbers but this all takes time....I wish it
    wasn't the case, but it is. You are doing all the correct things...it will work soon.
    ((Randi)) :thumbup
    (Now I have to go and convince myself about all of the above :YMSIGH: )

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Just as an FYI, unless you have nadirs that are all at 300 or more, the increase is 0.25u. Max had a blue and a few yellows so from the technical aspect of following the protocol, you did good! (Could have sworn you got feedback re. dose. If you didn't, that's probably the downside of a busy Board.)

I hope Max decides to show you some yellow today.

5. Randi & Max (GA)

Thanks Sienne. I just wanted to double check on the .25 but we are okay.
    +3 is 263 so have a bit of sunny yellow.
    Max is hanging abit more this morning, maybe because I have been up so early.
    Hoping the sun that just broke through the clouds shines a little more on him.

6. Helene & Tizon

Helene & Tizon Well-Known Member

Good afternoon Randi,

I've just taken a scroll down your SS and I see... with my little eye... a change in colours....! :D
    tis nice! Good luck with the dosecrease.... also other little note.... am thinking the protocol says that when nadirs are bloo, gotta wait 5 days (10 cycles) before increase (vs 6 cycles).... you're good no worries!

If you wish (because around here we love to test) you can continue to test periodically this PM, however given the numbers, you could spare a strip until PMPS... but again... data is always good.

Enjoy the rest of Sunday!

7. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Hey Max?

That flat pink thing is Shadoe's style and you were the yellow fellow. what's with the switching around.

You two must be scheming because you both had a good day on the 17th. What's up with that?
    I think you should head back down to the yellows.

You will feel better and maybe if you get a few of them, we can convince Randi to pull out some snacks!
    Give a try tonite Max! ;-)

8. Randi & Max (GA)

Oh Max headed to the yellows once today.
    The rest is one big flat pink, yet again.
    Frustration does not even explain it. Again he stayed on his chair all day, not coming for food.
    I had to bring it to him and at least he is eating what is given.

I decided to try and shoot his insulin at his flank tonight. I figured I have nothing to lose (or at least I hope not). I can honestly say that I was not totally sure if it was the right place
    The cartoon picture of the kitty is not all that helpful. I can say though that he did not like it
    and squealed at me a bit.
    Hopefully something will work soon.

9. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

((((Randi)))) try not to get too frustrated. There's a LOT less red on Max's ss than there used to be, and you just started a new dose so in a couple of days maybe we'll start to see something from that. In the meantime, we wait (don't you love how FD forces us to try to learn patience?)

10. Tina & Sammy

Tina & Sammy Well-Known Member

Trust me when I say I know your frustration. But don't be too discouraged. Max has stayed out of the red for 4 days. That is definitely an improvement. I know it is hard to look at the numbers the way they are, but you also need to look at the progress he is making. That is something to be happy about, and you can see that your efforts are paying off. Keep up the good work, your little guy will thank you for it.

11. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Hi Randi

she's got a good point there.

I was just wondering, I didn't see in SS, but what does Max weight now? No reason, just asking!!

You just keep hanging on, we are here for u Randi! :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

12. Randi & Max (GA)

Last week at the vet he was 18.6 pounds, up .4.
    I'll get DH to weigh him and see how he did this week. I won't get on a scale holding an extra 18 punds, unless I was carrying twins, lol.

I'm not very good at filling in comments on my ss like some people I know. Any suggestions what I should write so people reading it could get a bigger picture?

13. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Dear Diary...today Max got a call from Luna....
    :lol:

lol
    stuff like that - his recent weight, any changes to food, schedule, vial changes, weather if its real bad, pukeys,..anything that may seem significant to his numbers if u think it may have some relevance.

Hope u have a good nite!

14. Chris and Chloe

Chris and Chloe Member

Good luck with the dosecrease!!! You did the right thing, increasing by .25. :smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.