1/24 Moses PMPS 240 +2~209

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Erica & Moses, Jan 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Erica & Moses

Erica & Moses Member

Moses and I are ready for testing today! I'm thinking I'll shoot for a +5,+6,+7 and a +9 today.

That's a lot Moses, are you ready? Keep the treats coming! bcatrun_gif

2. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 1/24 Moses AMPS 377 +3~288

Hi Erica....can you link yesterday's condo maybe?
    Here it is: yesterday's condo: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3765

did you read the last post by Jojo yesterday? Good info

It's good you will be getting more data today....that is excellent! :thumbup

3. Celia & Marco

Celia & Marco Member

I like the yeller. Now, let's see some bloooo! :)

4. paige

paige Well-Known Member

Nice drop Moses!! 100 points. Keep up the good work you two dancing_cat

5. Monique & Spooky

Monique & Spooky Well-Known Member

Very nice, will be interesting to see what Moses does today. So far so good. Keep it up!

6. Erica & Moses

Erica & Moses Member

Re: 1/24 Moses AMPS 377 +3~288 +5~224

I got his +5 in, he's raring for the snack-attack.

Thanks for the notice, Pat+Raja+Shadow, about my yesterday condo. :D I didn't notice Jojo's reply and it had great info. Now I can see why getting bedtime spot checks is very important.

*Question - Most nights I will be unable to get Moses' bedtime nadir. I just can't do it, perhaps 1 or 2 nights a week I could try. So for bedtime spot checks, generally speaking, should I still continue to spot check at Moses' +3 to see what his +3 average could be? Or should I get scattered hours, like a +2 one night, +4 another, +6 the next, skip, +3 again (for example)?

This is definitely the Moses jig dancing_cat

7. Monique & Spooky

Monique & Spooky Well-Known Member

Before bed means just that, right before you go to bed.......look at my Spreadsheet most nights I don't stay up much past 10pm so my before bed was at +4 since I shot insulin at 6pm. sometimes I had to test earlier (he had lower preshot and I was thinking he migh drop quick, or I was too tired and we ni-ni early) sometimes I stayed up later because of a good movie on TV and could get a +6, or I fell asleep on the sofa watching TV and woke up at 2AM then I got a quick +8 and stumbled into bed. If I woke up earlier (I get up at 5:30) I could get a +11 before breakfast and AMPS. So before bed just means you have checked and it is safe to dream the night away :D If you measure at +3 and get a low 60 then youmight need to stay up a little longer, or set an alarm or leave lots of food out.

8. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Well, you gotta love those yellows, but you're so close to blues, Moses; how about you slip down a bit more into some nice comfy blues!

I agree you got some awesome advice yesterday from jojo, and it's way better to go slow with increasing that insulin. Why add more if you really don't need it?

The trick is to test often because those tests, those samples of the curve, will tell you and everyone else how Moses is reacting to the insulin. if you don't see what is happening between your amps and pmps, it's tough to say what is needed. Both of those numbers could high, pink or red, but in the middle where you have no data, it's a mystery.

I am unable to test at all during the week so I test alot on the weekends to see what's happening with Shadoe. And because I don't know, I don't do any increases near the start of the week because I can't test for her reaction to the change. Because her shed needs to fill with an increase, I go ahead in the middle of the week and then test lots on the weekend.

Every cat is different, ECID, so you really need to see numbers from Moses before it's known what needs to be changed, if anything. The more you test, the more you see of the whole Moses picture.

Happy testing this weekend. It all gets better and easier with time.

9. Erica & Moses

Erica & Moses Member

Moses is blooooooooo!!!! Hooray!!!

And the testing continues!

Thanks Monique & Spooky and Gayle & Shadoe :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Ya'll made the bedtime spot checks something I can digest and understand. We're steps closer to success! Thanks everybody!

:RAHCAT

10. Erica & Moses

Erica & Moses Member

Re: 1/24 Moses AMPS 377 +3~288 +5~224 +6~198 +7~194 +9~192

What a good blue boy today! He's happy cuz Mom's been home all day to play. Now as a treat, we'll go enjoy the backyard for a bit (minus eating grass).

It's 52* right now and Moses loves sniffing the wind. Here we go, see ya'll at his PMPS in 3 hours! :mrgreen:

11. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Hope you had a good time sniffing the wind.....just thinking....thought I'd share...
    When I do my first post in the morning, I always check to read the last posts from the night before.
    Lots of people come by when we are sleeping and leave interesting hints and ideas in the wee hours of the night.... ;-)
    You never know....as a matter of fact, I have caught a hint to raise a dose on a few occasions and would have missed the
    dosecrease if I hadn't checked. There is so much to think about, I know...but eventually we get into a rhythm...

Doing great! Glad you two got a breather...that was a great idea!!! :mrgreen:

12. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

What a beautiful curve for Moses today. You've done a wonderful job with getting all of those numbers.

Monique is on target -- before bed means just that. You get a test in before you go to bed whatever the time may be. That said, there will be nights when you will need to stay up and test. If Moses wants to be a good kitty, he will ask you to do this on a night when you don't have to be completely lucid the next day. And of course there are the evenings when someone will suggest that it might be nice if you had a +7 (or whatever the number is that's 3:00 AM), but those are hopefully few and far between. Also consider getting a test before you walk out the door to go to work. It may give you a rough idea of where Moses' cycle is heading so you know how much food to leave out.

I'm including a link to one of Gabby's condoson the old Board. Libby had suggested that I save this and an example of why mid-cycle checks are so important. This is a day when both of her PS numbers were in the 400s but her nadir was in the 40s and she earned a dose reduction. If I hadn't been testing, there was a good possibility that Gabby's dose would have been raised, rather than lowered.

13. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

very nice job with the curve today. :mrgreen:

There are lots of little hints on Moses spreadsheet that he may be getting green that we're missing. Today's curve, plus tonight's PMPS and whatever spot checks you can get tonight, will help us put together the puzzle. He most likely does need a dose increase, but it wouldn't be safe to suggest one without data, know what I mean? So now you're getting the data and we can see what Moses needs. :smile:

14. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

You're doing great today Erica! Nice string of numbers.

15. pjstroop

pjstroop Member

Hi Erica!

Just poppin in to say "Goooooo Moses!" :mrgreen:

Good luck on the bed time checks.. b/c I work full time I rely on my beddy by checks for Pepper. Usually, is a great indicator if he is going green..

Good job on the great curve!

16. Erica & Moses

Erica & Moses Member

Re: 1/24 Moses PMPS 240

Thank you sooo much everyone in Lantus Land :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I feel so encouraged and inspired! And Moses feels so good. He's been playful and bossy, then adventurous outside, then a sleepy head on the couch. We're both feeling so good thanks to the great suggestions and comments. Thank you so much!

Today was a vast improvement upon the last curve day on 1/13. So excited to see what lays below the data I'm gaining. And Moses is happy to be the guinea cat, if it means a couple treats tossed his way :mrgreen:

I'll try to get one more spot check before bed. Thanks for clarifying, Paula & Pepper, Libby & Lucy, Heather & Boo, Sienne & Gabby, and Pat & Raja & Shadow. I'm in such good hands.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.