1/24 Nelson AMPS 164

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Bridget & Lord Nelson, Jan 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bridget & Lord Nelson

Bridget & Lord Nelson Member

yesterday's condo: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3684

I was expecting Nelson's AMPS to be below yesterday, in the mid to high 200s, but the 83 was a bit of a shocker!

First green value. :eek:

I don't know if it was the new Lantus or the very slight dosecrease. I lean more toward the Lantus, in which case his previous dose was probably ok and I was right that Momma Bean messed up the old Lantus.

Will test in 15 to see if it's going up or down. Prob up since he's eating. Did not shoot. Sorry, bud--there will be more poking today.

Will be here to monitor until 9 AM but won't be home for normal nadir b/c of church.

WCR--Appetite normal. We kept our bedroom door open last night. Nelson and his siblings decided that 4:45 was a much better time to eat than 5:45. But that is normal for them. Behavior otherwise normal. Nelson ate 1/3 of a 13 oz can of Sophisticat Turkey & Giblets and now is having a little bit of FF for dessert.

2. Tina & Sammy

Tina & Sammy Well-Known Member

Re: 1/24 Nelson AMPS 83 Surprise!

Nice AMPS. Crazy how that old insulin can cause havoc. I just had the same issue last night too.

Hope you get some great numbers today.

3. Bridget & Lord Nelson

Re: 1/24 Nelson AMPS 83 .5 105 Surprise!

Well, he's up to 105 after eating, so I've probably seen the best numbers of the day.

My inclination is not to shoot anything, not even a BCS dose, because I won't be home to monitor until around 2 PM. Opinions?

4. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Re: 1/24 Nelson AMPS 83 .5 105 Surprise!

how long can u stall?

please edit ur subject line to ask "shoot?"

5. Bridget & Lord Nelson

Re: 1/24 Nelson AMPS 83 .5 105 Shoot?

K, thanks. I can stall for maybe another hour and a half. I'll recheck now.

6. Ronnie & Luna

ur 105 on SS should be blue by the way

any advisors on right now? please help

7. Bridget & Lord Nelson

+1 164

SS fixed.

So maybe BCS dose?

8. Ronnie & Luna

Re: 1/24 Nelson AMPS 83 .5 105 +1 164 Shoot?

All I can point out to u is that

on 01/15 u shot at a BG of 152 at PMPS shot time

and on

01/18 u shot at a BG of 161 at AMPS shot time, see those on ur SS?

9. Bridget & Lord Nelson

Re: 1/24 Nelson AMPS 83 .5 105 +1 164 Shoot?

I did. Second reading you quoted more accurate b/c that was with the ReliOn meter. My old True2Go meter was reading low.

I was concerned b/c he's never been this low before, but it's prob safe to shoot something since he is rising, but afraid to shoot the whole dose since I won't be here to monitor nadir. I ended up shooting a small dose, "some" insulin on the chart, below the 0 u line.

Thanks!!!

10. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Re: 1/24 Nelson AMPS 83 .5 105 +1 164

What did you end up doing? Did you shoot at BG = 105?

If so, the 105 is your AMPS and your PM shot will be 12 hours from that shot time. There was no dose on your SS - could you fill that in?

For future reference, you have a couple of options with a low PS number. You can stall - but do not feed. (If you feed, you will definitely get a rising number due to a food spike but it's not really a rising number.) You may need to repeatedly stall for 15 min. and test in order to insure the numbers are coming up. Or, you can shoot a reduced dose. This has an obvious effect on the shed. You want to try to not stall and reduce the dose since this has double the effect on the shed. Or, you can skip the shot altogether, which has the most effect on the shed.

One thing to keep in mind is that Lantus doesn't kick in immediately. So you are not actually shooting the pre-shot number. You are shooting a number that's a couple of hours away. In this case, Nelson's up to 164 by +1 which is clearly a rising number.

On your SS, it looks like you have been shooting a fat 1.0. Did you shoot that amount of insulin yesterday AM? If not, try to shoot the same amount of Lantus consistently. Otherwise, there won't be a stable amount in the shed and you won't be getting the benefit of overlap.

11. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Re: 1/24 Nelson AMPS 83 .5 105 +1 164

update?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.