1/24 Sami PMPS 350

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tina & Sammy, Jan 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tina & Sammy

Tina & Sammy Well-Known Member

Yesterday's Condo

Sami had some great numbers last night. She dropped down into the low to mid 200's.

This morning she is back up into the low 400's, but right now I am going to attribute that to the huge quick drop last night. Hopefully today we will see more of those yellows.

Sami seems a little tired this morning, but she ate a great breakfast.

Hope everyone has a great day.

2. Celia & Marco

Celia & Marco Member

Re: 1/24 Sami AMPS 405

Good appy is always wonderful!!! I hope we get to see some more yellers today. Just hopefully not too fast. Let's take is slow Sami-baby!

3. Monique & Spooky

Monique & Spooky Well-Known Member

Re: 1/24 Sami AMPS 405

Eventually those "peaks and valleys" will flatten out and you will start getting a much flatter curve, depending on where that curve lies (which color) can help you find the right dose. Glad you got some nicer numbers last night, the bounces are always irritating but....what goes up must come down (except your age of course) :D

4. Tina & Sammy

Re: 1/24 Sami AMPS 405; +2 365; +4 391

So far today Sami is staying pretty flat, same as yesterday, but with slightly lower numbers. I my plan right now is to give a 1.25 dose tonight, and possible increase back to the 1.50 tomorrow morning.

Does this seem like a good plan, or should I give it a few more days on the 1.25 since we had a little set back with the old insulin?

5. Tina & Sammy

Re: 1/24 Sami AMPS 405; +2 365; +4 391; +6 345

Sami is down 60 points from her AMPS. I am hoping that this is not her nadir, but it probably is.

Does anyone have any advice for my following question?

6. Tina & Sammy

Re: 1/24 Sami AMPS 405; Need Dosecrease Advice

Today's Recap:
    AMPS 405
    +2 365
    +4 391
    +6 345
    +10 305

Still hoping for a little yellow.

Need some advice on whether to increase Sami's dose or keep it where it is.

I would like to know:

1. If I should go ahead and do an increase to 1.5 or maybe even a skinny 1.5
    2. If I should do it tonight or tomorrow morning

OR should I keep her at the 1.25 dose for another day or two because of the old insulin issue we had yesterday.

I am trying to keep track of which food I give her and the carb count so I can determine if some of the 8% carb food is effecting her higher numbers. I think I have been giving her 6-8% food over the last few days and I don't know if that is what is making her number more difficult to come down. I will be trying to keep her under 5% carbs for the next few days to see how that helps.

Thanks for your advice.

7. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Re: 1/24 Sami AMPS 405; Need Dosecrease Advice +10 305

Here's what I would do:

If PMPS is much lower than 305, keep the 1.25 dose. That will tell us that Sami has built a shed of new insulin and it might be ready to do something.

If PMPS is the same or higher than 305, go back to the 1.5. She did earn that dose, and we can look at the last two shots of 1.25 sort of as though they were partial fur shots. Usually there is no need to change dose when you change cartridges, but your cartridge was pretty old so I understand you wanting to be cautious.

Make sense?

8. Tina & Sammy

Re: 1/24 Sami AMPS 405; Need Dosecrease Advice +10 305

Thanks Libby. I will do just that. If she is lower than 305 I will keep the same dose, and if she is 305 or higher I will increase to 1.5. Either way I will get at least 2 spot checks overnight. Thanks again.

9. Tina & Sammy

At her PMPS tonight Sami is down from her last 3 pre-shot numbers, which is definitely good. She is still much higher than I would like to see her so we went ahead and increased to 1.5 with her PM dose.

I will be able to get a +2 before going to bed, which will hopefully give me an idea how often I need to check her overnight. Plus, I am hoping that monitoring her carb intake will also give me more insight as to her highs and lows.

I also wanted to think everyone for their help the last few days. I think I am finally starting to get it, but I will probably still ask questions just to confirm that I am doing the right thing.

10. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

You are really jumping into this and putting the right foot forward! I love reading your condo's and seeing how much thought you put into everything. Of course, I know how much it can drive oneself crazy doing that. But it also shows how much you love Sami and how incredibly dedicated you are to her wellbeing.

Thanks for being here and taking care of sami!

I hope the new dose and lantus make a positive difference.

(ps - in my experience be careful of doing an increase and new lantus on the day of a full moon! :lol: )

11. Tina & Sammy

Thanks! I think a lot of it is about the numbers for me, it is the accountant in me. I know it is also important to know Sami's daily activities, but as long as she is looking and acting normal I focus on the numbers. Many times when Sami has had a very high blood glucose the only thing different might be that she sleeps more, and that could just be a coincidence or it could mean that she isn't feeling that great. It is never easy to tell. If Sami were acting sick then I would probably want to be more aggressive and not focus so much on just the number, but for now the numbers don't lie. What I need to remember is to not only look at the numbers, but also refer back to the protocol too.

I hope the new dose makes a difference too. Like everyone I would love to see Sami go into remission.

Thanks for the info about the full moon. LOL! Does it really make a difference? LOL!

12. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

:RAHCAT

You & Sami are doing wonderful! I love reading your condos too... you say a lot & think a lot more about it then I ever have & I love that!!! You are so good with the #s & reasoning.... where as I just act on impulse & emotions... way to go! You are doing Fabulous!! :mrgreen:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.