1/24 Slashy AMPS 396 +3 360 +6 208 +9 197 PMPS 189

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Slashy & Rick, Jan 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slashy & Rick

Slashy & Rick Member

Good Morning,

Went to Vets yesterday for blood work to see how his pancreatitis is doing. Will get the results on Tuesday, hopefully. Unfortunately I was unable to get many checks yesterday. (Had family in town)

In the meantime, I believe I am increasing to 4.5. I think i screwed up back on the 16th with such a large decrease. Feel like I lost all the ground we had gained.

SS http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key= ... haXc&hl=en

2. Tina & Sammy

Tina & Sammy Well-Known Member

Re: 1/24 Slashy AMPS 396 doescrease

I hope everything works out with the dose increase. Yesterday, I found out my insulin was too old and Sami's numbers spiked up into the 400's. It seems after the new insulin was introducted things started to get under control again.

I have two little piglets too, and have found by making cat food popsicles it gives my kitties food long after I go to bed., because it takes awhile for the food to thaw so they can eat it. I still need to get up at least once during the night, and they are still clamoring for me to get up and feed them first thing in the morning, but it seems to help with the frozen food. Someone on the board mentioned that they mixed the wet food with a little extra water and then put it in ice cube trays to freeze. And like I said it seems to work great. I usually put out 4 or more cubes each time I get up.

3. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Re: 1/24 Slashy AMPS 396 doescrease +3 360

I think I've been missing your condo for a few days.

I'm not sure I understand the logic behind some of the dose changes. You may want to go back and look over the protocol which Jill provided a link to in the sticky at the top of the message section on the Board.

The decreases and increases that you've made are in much larger jumps than what the protocol recommends. Based on the protocol and since Slashy has had numbers below 300 yesterday, you may want to reconsider the increase to 4.5u and shoot 4.25u tonight. And you're right -- we do encourage you to get more spot checks so you can make informed decisions about Slashy's dose. Without those data, you're only guessing as to what's going on with Slashy's numbers.

4. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

How's Slashy doing tonight?
    Good luck with the increase and hope u can catch how Slashy is doing on this dose.

5. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

please get some spot checks tonight. I'm not entirely comfortable with the 0.5 increase given the amount of blue Slashy has had on the 4 units. We want to make sure Slashy is safe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.