1/25, Boomer, AMPS=172

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Traci and Boomer, Jan 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Traci and Boomer

Traci and Boomer Well-Known Member

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3880#unread

WCR: I slept terribly because he woke me up at least a million times. He threw up too. In the morning I found 3 large piles of undigested food. This doesn't happen much these days, thank GOD. It still freaks me out because that's what he did when his IBD was out of control. Another thing is that I don't think he likes seafood too much. He was starving this morning and there was lots of food left in the auto feeder and it was all seafood. (yes, I know he shouldn't eat too much fish)

This morning he wouldn't eat too well for me even the suff he normally likes - his Friskies poultry pouches. I tried a couple foods and he ate a little. I got out the "big guns" (FortiFlora) and he ate some more. That stuff works well; he loves it. That was my last packet though.

I've never given him pepcid but I've seen that peeps here use it. Do you think after a night of puking that I should give him some to help if he's not wanting to eat much?

Another thing he does that drives me nuts is chewing on plastic bags. I know sometimes he eats it and then pukes and I was hoping that's why he puked last night, but nope - no plastic in the puke.

I'm sad today. I've got major family issues going on - stuff you couldn't make up- it's so bad, and my BF's drooler has cancer.

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

I'll try my best to offer a little bit of input.
    if that was the only thing available for him, and he's not much of a fish cat, u should prob switch it up on the flavours.
    Besides too much fish is not very good health wise.
    I can't say anything on IBD, as I dont know much about it.

You might want to secure all plastic bags in ur home, that can't be good on his system to ingest it and puke it again.
    Plus some plastics are still being made with nasty chemicals.

If Boomer is still puking a vet visit might be in order. Especially if he isn't eating either.
    I'm hoping others will give some feedback today - but please consider keeping plastic away from him.

(( :YMHUG: )) and hope things get better - family wise, and for your BF drooler (( :YMHUG: ))

3. Traci and Boomer

Hi Ronnie-

Thanks. He only chews on the plastic when he's hungry and I won't feed him yet because it's "not time". He knows it's bad and he does it so I'll feed him. He does it while I'm trying to sleep in the morning.... so it's him chewing and me squirting him, him creeping back in to do it again and so on! You're right though, I need to get rid of the plastic.

The fish thing: sometimes he likes it, sometimes he doesn't. I haven't eliminated it because its another option. I'm hoping the puking this is a one time event. I'm still looking for pepsid feedback. Have you ever used it? Maybe I'll start a new thread in Health.

So things aren't as bad as it seemed from my other post. I'm just wicked stressed out and "awfulizing" things. :oops:

4. Ronnie & Luna

yea, Luna did that in the kitchen with the garbage bags at easy reach...he would lick them and be all hungry and annoying...so I got a garbage can and put away all plastic, also cuz he'd get these allergic reactions too. But either way, some plastic contains nasty a** stuff in it, no wonder they take decades to decompose.

never used Pepsid, others here have thou...cross post too in health.
    Hang in there Traci - be strong and have faith.

5. Traci and Boomer

Re: 1/25, Boomer, AMPS=172, PMPS=126

+11.5=113
    I had to give him some food. Then I tested and he was 126.
    I'm making his shot time earlier so he doesn't need to wait to eat so long.

WCR- he's better tonight, back to himself. No more puke and a good appetite. Whew!

6. Ronnie & Luna

hey pretty good even after giving some food! Glad to hear he's feeling better :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.