1/25 Darcy AMPS 301, +4 277, +8 323, PMPS 264

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Suzanne & Darcy, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

What do y'all think? Two nadirs today? He's been on a kiddie roller coaster today going down then up then down again. I'm happy to have been two yellows today; that hasn't happened for a while. Am I getting somewhere. Tomorrow we are due to go up to 9 units. He's still a sweetheart and doesn't react at all when I shoot. I did stop by my vet's office today and left her the papers for the IAA and acro tests. She called me and said it would be fine to send off the tests for Univ. of Michigan. She said he should be fasting with no insulin, so I should make the appointment early in the day or very late in the day. I suppose I could take him around 5 p.m. and just not feed him for several hours. We shoot at 7 a.m. and 7 p.m.
    Yesterday's post: https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/1-24-darcy-amps-341-3-305-7-285.242014/

2. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Anybody else have two nadirs during the day?

3. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

Hi! Those numbers for Darcy are flat (all within the meter variance of 20%).

As just an FYI, some kitties do double-dip with Lantus - a dip around +10 or +11 but not as low as nadir; other kitties have late nadirs, even on Lantus.

For next time, if you have a question, you will want to edit your title to reflect it - otherwise people skimming the board may not click on your condo (this is probably what happened yesterday). To do this, at the top of your thread, click on thread tools > edit title. Add the date, cat name, and your question (e.g., "01/26 Darcy - Nadir Question"). You can also pick the ? from the drop down on the left. Once your question is answered, you edit your title again and remove the ? from the drop-down and put your BG readings up instead of the question. Hope that helps for next time :bighug: