1/25 Jan and Buddy PMPS 319 +3.5 441

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jan and Buddy, Jan 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan and Buddy

Jan and Buddy Member

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3802

WCR He loves the high numbers, he was running around playing like a crazy kitty!!!! :lol:

There growing I gave him .25R and I'm not there nailbite_smile

DH is there and will give his regular food schedule.

Ketones-Negative

2. jojo and bunny

jojo and bunny Member

R use tips....

jan... imho you should not be giving 0.25 units R when you are not home. why? because what i see on your SS is that it sure looks like the R is able at this time to get past the IAA's. (in other words your cat has not built up antibodies, the little gun that kill the insulin to R yet). you get a lot of response off a tiny amount (especailly when you compare it to your basal insulin's dose, like i said that was what tipped me off that he was prolly gonna be an IAA cat, the response between the 2 insulins doesn't match). what you want with R, what the goal is when you have a high number is to take the edge of it. you do not want a 150-200 point drop, even though that would only take you to yellow today simply because that is too steep a drop too quick for a cat's liver and you are going to set off a bounce. instead take 50-75 points off a high PS with your R use and give the lantus an easier number to work with. have to always keep this thought in mind~ what you do this cycle is gonna have big effect on next cycle. so if one is starting off in red, you only want to end up this cycle in pink or high yellow. then next cycle ease it down more, and then next cycle a bit more and you'll be starting a cycle in blue and can get somewhere, rather than going from red to blue in one cycle and then dealing with the bounce from that kind of drop over the next cycles... see what i'm saying?
    no biggie today, just see where you are when you get home and then can deal with whatever number that is with this concept described above in mind. R works better in smaller doses more frequently overall for everyone.

~jojo

3. Jan and Buddy

Jan and Buddy Member

Re: 1/25 Jan and Buddy AMPS 487 +1 386

Jojo,
    I kinda understand what your saying, but I'm not getting now when or how much to give. (This is going to drive me to drink!!!!)
    I can't win, I thought from different input's I was needing to give the R. I don't know, :? :? :? :? Now I'm worried about Buddy dropping to much??

I'm pretty frustrated right now , so I won't ask or say anymore for the moment!!!!
    Thanks for looking in on me and Buddy, I do appreciate it!
    J

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.