1/25 Tommy appears to be better this morning, am 83

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Cori and Tommy, Jan 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cori and Tommy

Cori and Tommy Member

He seemed a little more alert this morning. Rather than just laying on the ground he was doing the cat sit/stand thing (back legs down, front legs standing). His bg was also only 83, so its nice that it came back down! I didn't notice any poo in the litterbox, and there wasn't any throw up, so I'm not quite sure if he's all better now and was just feeling like crap last night or perhaps he's still working something out (either end, both ends, who knows!). I guess I will find out tonight when I get home! One thing about the miralax, I had brought up that to my vet when he first had constipation issues last summer and she didn't want me using miralax on Tommy because she said it could make him too dehydrated and she was worried about his kidneys and being diabetic (maybe because he's getting kinda old? Not quite sure). So instead I've been using vetbasis hairball gel about once a week but I will admit I havent used it for awhile. What if I did just a little dollop of that with his breakfast every day?

2. Miriam and Putty (GA)

Miriam and Putty (GA) Well-Known Member

When I give Putty Miralax I mix it with his food and add extra water so it is more like a stew. As long as you add water he should be ok. It is tasteless so he won't even know it is there.

I am glad that Tommy is feeling better.

3. Brenda and Morris

Brenda and Morris Member

I mixed the Miralax with water also and then mixed it into the food....probably the ony med I ever got Morris to take in his food....colorless, tasteless, and does the trick for constipation.

4. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

So glad Tommy seems better this morning.....not sure myself about adding that Vetbasis everyday...
    wonder what others will say....what are the ingredients? Does it seem to work when you give it to him?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.