1/26 Spicey Update

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by tajana340, Jan 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tajana340

tajana340 Member

Hi everyone, I have decided today to use the U100 syringes and see what happens on a .4 unit dose. Unfortunately I was at work and could not get any other readings in, so i have no idea if it is the dose or needles. I hope to get at least 2 readings in tonite and see what happens. I thought about what was said in the other thread, so i figured only one way to find out if it is the .6 unit dose or the U100 5/16 inch needle syringes is to try giving her the .4 unit dose and see what i get. We shall see.

David

2. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

It is only through the confidence you gain through trial and error that you will know the right way forward.

I, like maybe you are, am a skeptic and have to know [and sometimes learn the hard way] the detailed effects of what I'm doing.

3. Victoria & Sundance

Victoria & Sundance Member

Hi David,

I've been following but have had a really rough week (some 12-hour days at work and some severe food poisoning (both me and the fiance so no one to take care of the other)) but I'm ok now and just want to comment a bit on your pattern.

I'm not giving you advice here at all... but I note that on the 28th you skipped the evening shot and your notes say that the PMPS was 48. Is that true or is that a typo? If true, it's good that you didn't shoot, of course... and it explains the super high of the next morning. And on that 29th AMPS, you gave a .4u dose - which is, in my opinion the right thing to do. You didn't over react to a high number and give a high dose. And you can see that the .4u really did have a good effect.

From there though, you went up to .6u. I'm confused by that. You got a low number with the 48 (if I read that correctly) on the .5u. So to me it would have seemed reasonable to see what that .4u would have done for a few more cycles had you continued to give it on a closer to 12/12 schedule. I know PZI has greater flexibility than the L insulins but every cat is different and Spicey is proving that adage very well it seems.

If you had been giving the .4u at a close to 12/12 schedule and getting the same numbers you did earlier in the week, I'd say that a increase was needed... but because you didn't try them, I'd be more likely to change the schedule to a 12/12 at a .4u dose than increase the dose to .6u. That is, if you can keep that schedule.

Ok... so now it looks as if I'm making a suggestion... maybe... But it's the patterns that we have to consider and I would just like to see if you see that with me and what your thoughts are on what I see.

4. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

Yikes, Vic, I'd been wondering if everything was okay; hadn't seen you here in a bit. Sorry to hear about the food poisoning and the workload. Hope you are back to feeling great. Barclay really should have stepped up and taken care of you, though. ;)

5. Gator & H (GA)

or f' the "12/12" and shoot what they need for those of us that have 1/2 a party life left in us.

... just sayin'

6. Victoria & Sundance

Victoria & Sundance Member

Gator... I was able to have a life and still shoot 12/12... and I'm not saying it's forever. But David has had a bit of trouble knowing what to do because of Spicys' sensitivity to the insulin... and it seems as if there hasn't been much consistency since the new year. That's not a slight on David, it's just that things have worked out that way... not the same dose, food, exercise, syringes or schedule. So we don't know what's working how and when... A few of these things have to be consistent so that we can see what happens when one of them changes.

Now, I'm not one to lecture and I've always supported shooting around life. But if one wants to know how one might be able to better regulate and possibly get kitty OTJ so that the party can go on without any interruptions, then I don't have a problem suggesting ways that might help. And I think that a 12/12 schedule with a consistent dose with the same syringes will work best to give a pattern of what's really going on.

7. Gator & H (GA)

Well said Vic. :smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.