1/28 Blackie

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Ele & Blackie (GA), Jan 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

After last night's late (+13.5) pmps of 119, Blackie went up to about 185 and stayed there until this morning. We shot an amps of 206 at +10.5. We stayed with the same dose of 2.2. I would lower it, but he didn't do well on the 2 units. It may seem weird, but maybe we should just always shoot like last night. In other words shoot the pmps at +13 to +14 and shoot the amps at +10 to +11. This morning is the first time he's been lower than 300 in 5 days. I still wish I knew for sure why he gets such a late nadir in the afternoon. Although, I still suspect too much insulin.

We got about 4" or 5" of snow yesterday and last night. It wasn't too bad and I was able to drive to work. I hope the sun comes out today.

Hope everyone else is having a good day.

2. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

I'm sorry I don't have any advice as far as dosing, but he is certainly doing better than he was a couple of weeks ago, don't you think? In the 100s at +14? That's pretty good. :)

I am glad you were able to make it to work today with no problems. This strange yellow ball appeared in the sky this morning, and it seems to be giving off some warmth. Sending some your way. :)

3. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

That drop yesterday was so steep I would have thought 2.2 might be too much, but then steadier #s since then and your're right, 2.0 didn't really work well. Hmmm, he is confusing, isn't he? If it were me, I'd probably try a hair higher on late shots, maybe 2.3u, and a hair lower, maybe 2.1u on +12s, and maybe 2.0u on +10s. Of course my attempts at a tidy sliding scale (by timing, not PS) like that with Bix never worked great. :sad: Seems like the kitties like to change all the rules of the game as they go along. :lol:

The sun has been out all day here, it is so exciting!!! Finally feels like California again to me. :cool: Just barely, but I'll take it. Kitties are all strewn about in the sunny spots... yeah, they've got their priorities straight!!!! :mrgreen:

4. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

I forgot to thank Sarah for the big yellow ball she sent this way. The sun started shining about noon and most of the snow is gone. Joanna, she must have sent it to you too. It makes the day seem so much better when it's sunny.

5. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

Despite being an only child, I do know how to share. ;) I am glad you both got some sunshine today. It's amazing how much better it makes you feel, even when the temps are frigid (20 degrees here right now). Joanna, glad to hear your kitties are all enjoying it too. I love when they curl up and look content.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.