1.29, 2.7 Old-timer Weekend(s) Condo: Lola's, and the Three Musketeers, Catio, new pics... PRIMO!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Michelle and Mannie (GA), Jan 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

WooHOO! I have A catio! Well, me and Bug and Vanessa do. It is so TOTALLY AWESOME! My beans finally got it built, and I was able to christen it this past Thursday. So, in view of this momentous event, PARTY TONIGHT at my Place. Party Central is at Mannie's treehouse for fuds and brews, courtesy of paw Prints Pizza, and Vanessa's Coffee and beverage catering business. ALL KITTIES INVITED! Master Chef Rusty is our master cook, bring all sorts of good fuds to Paw prints pizzas. Mannie's zip lines still work, and I extended them to the catio portion of my Catio. This will be SO FUNS! See you soon! ~~ Lola, and Bug & Vanessa

Hi everyone! I wanted to update anyone who has followed Lola's story, and my never ending desire to build her a catio. We were finally able to get that off the ground, with expense being the major delay. Finally, after three long cays of construction by Catio Spaces out of Seattle, it is complete (enjoy the photos links!). Construction materials were delivered on this past Monday, under Lola's watchful eye. She just knew something was up. We had one very excited kitty when that truck came to the house. Bug and Vanessa slept through that part. :smuggrin: Tuesday was Day 1 of Construction, with Catio Spaces focusing mainly on the catio itself, and also The Three Musketeers Window Box. All three kitties watched this all day event. Catio was up, window box was built. Day 2 of construction was the construction of Lola's Run, aka the tunnel that connects the window box to the catio. This was supervised by William, and Lola. William was so excited for the kitties. His joy was so contagious. Day 3 of construction was the completion of all three components. Tunnel was attached, and the connections built. What was so cool was that they finished about 3:30 Thursday afternoon, just when Nicholas and William and I were back at the house, after Nicholas's school. It was awesome that all of us, especially those two boys, could watch the unveiling, and see Lola take her first run. As my designer stated "You spent so much time, three days for us, building these, and then the moment arrives. Will they like it? Will they use it? " We had our answer within 1 minute. Lola was out and up and down the tunnel, aka Lola's Run. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cat::cat::cat::cat::cat::cat::cat::cat::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::kiss: Later that day Bug and Vanessa also gave it a try. I am ever so grateful that Vanessa, who has never ever been outside went through the door too. This was her first time outside. KUDOS to my senior gal! Since the catio has been completed, all three kitties spend alot of time out in it, a dream come true for me. They all love it, especially Missy Lola. Lola spends a third of her day outdoors now, safely. The evening hours we can watch all three of them go in and out the cat door, as the entrance if through the slider window in the living room. WOW and SO COOL is all I can say. Enjoy kitties! I am sorry it took your bean so long to get this up and running for you. :):):)

LOLA'S First Run!

Catio Overview

P1080444.JPG
    Bug, in The Three Musketeers Window Box

P1080354.JPG
    Lola, in The Three Musketeers Window Box

P1080033.JPG
    Nicholas and William, with Lola, her first trip into the catio.

P1080068.JPG
    Vanessa, getting ready to take a leap of faith ;)

P1080446.JPG
    Lola, in The Three Musketeers Window Box

P1080445.JPG
    Bug, in The Three Musketeers Window Box

I hope all is well with everyone in L&LL! Life is so busy here now that I visit when I can.... Wish I could do more.

All is well! DH finally had his cataract surgery, which was very successful. He is so happy to have vision restored in that eye. In a few weeks he goes back to his oncologist for another scan, and we hope this one will sloe come back clean. paws crossed!

Nicholas and William are doing well. Nicholas is thriving in school and very happy there. he loves his class, and is excelling academically. His teacher has to find, at times, extra work for him to do, as the concepts presented are so easy for him. He is beginning to read too. WAY COOL! William is enjoying preschool 3 and also doing well there. he is learning basic social skills, and how to share with others. LOL, this is a huge learning curve, but he's figured out that it is better to play with he kids. GO WILLIAM! Both boys are still swimming, and continue with lessons. Nicholas is a beautiful swimmer, William is right on his heels. We continue to have our grand adventures, though most are now with William, as Nicholas is in school. When Nicholas has an off day we are off to a place of his choosing. We still visit the science center, the aquarium, and the Children's Museum. This past Friday Nicholas had a half day at school, so we were able to all go to a local park, Meadowdale Play Park. Nicholas was so pleased that he could hike the trails and play some with William. :cool:We all look forward to spring so we can get back to our favorite trails and rivers.

P1080033.JPG
    William and Nicholas, in the Lazy River (not so lazy!), Snohomish Pool

P1080276.JPG
    Nicholas and William, hiking at Meadwodale Play Park

My youngest son is getting married this summer, with the wedding being held in Hawaii! WHOA and WOOT and WooHOO! We are currently getting arrangements made for that travel. wow, how cool is that! Life remains good!

Take care L&LL! Although I can't post much anymore, I do visit as often as I can. I miss you all, hope all with well with you, and your furkids.

Remember kitties: THINK GREEN, THINK BLUE :cat::cat::cat::cat:

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
  2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I'm jealous. I'm in a condo so no chance of a catio.

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) likes this.
  3. Ozzy Pawzbourne

Ozzy Pawzbourne Well-Known Member

That catio is amazing! What lucky kitties! It must bring you such joy to have given them such a wonderful blessing! I love it! Your boys are super cute too btw! I am a new member here but I really enjoy all the stories from everyone and especially when more senior members who have cats OTJ come back to visit and share their stories! Bless you all and thank you for sharing! Hope your kitties enjoy that awesome catio for years to come!

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

What a wonderful condo! I love how the catio ties into the house, nestled in behind the trees on the side. The black cat outside is a neat touch. The contruction company did a beautiful job on it. No surprise that Lola loves it, but it's good to see Bug and Vanessa out there too. In nice weather, I barely see a cat in the house, the solarium rules. The cats will have a rocking party there tonight. Just hope the weather clears up a little. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the update on the rest of the family. Good to hear DH has vision back and that the grandkids are doing well. I liked the pic of William trying out the cat run. :p

Happy news on the youngest's wedding. That should be a great island holiday. :cool:

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
    Rachel & Chyna (GA) likes this.
  5. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

OMG, that is the COOLEST. THING. EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have severe catio envy, and I don't even have cats right now! What a wonderful thing for your furbabies, and especially Lola the escape artist! Love all the pictures, especially William and the kitties supervising, and William relaxing in the cat bed. :p My DH is going to want to throttle you, because I'm going to start nagging him to build one for our future kitties. ;)

Three cheers for successful cataract surgery for your DH. All fingers and toes crossed here (since we have no paws at the moment) for a good report from the oncologist. Please keep us posted.

I've missed your weekly updates. I know you're busy, but maybe you could squeeze in a monthly report???

6. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

What lucky cats you have :cat:

7. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

WOW....what an awesome catio!!!

I'm with Tricia....I have a severe case of catio envy right now!!

I'm sure Lola will have lots of fun and it's so neat that Vanessa is getting a taste of the outdoors too!!

Lola, Bug and Vanessa...I be on my way!! Party at your place!!! ~ China

8. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Oh!!! So well worth the wait!! It's gorgeous!

Yo Lola, Bug and Vanessa, I'm on my way to cook for the party. Can't wait to try out the catio! And we'll play on the zipline, too. This is fantastic! See you soon. I'm bringing lots of hot dogs from our favorite Central Park cart to grill at the party.
    Your pal, Rusty

9. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Kitty heaven! Who is that black cat? ;-) I'm glad they all like it, especially Lola. :) :) :) Good news on DH and the boys, thank you for the update. Tillie will be at the party!
    Liz

10. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

PARTY'S ON! Hurry kitties! This is one for the L&LLL books. Chef Rusty has some excellent fuds prepared, and woot on the Central Park hot dogs (!!! YUM!!!) and well... The Catio is being well loved. Let's just make it a party week! ~~ Lola, CEO, Catio central

@Anne & Zener GA , @Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) , @Chris & China , @Dyana , @Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey , @Wendy&Neko , @Ozzy Pawzbourne , @tiffmaxee ~~ Thanks everyone! We are so pleased with the end result, and it is being well used. The kitties have been in and out all day today, That alone is worth it. As I have said before, I only have one regret, that it took three years to get this off the ground.... Better late than never As they say. The black cat on the support beam was the designers touch. She thought it needed that extra element. She also added the decor to the catio "bean door", part that I really enjoy. There are a few more things that will be added to the catio enclosure, that will be done when they are back for final touch up work,and to replace the temporary window box roof with the permanent one (the piece was on back order at the lumber company), material will be the same: clear polycarbonate. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I LOVE my new catio. oh... sorry... the three Musketeers new Catio. my bad, LOL!

Thanks everyone for the DH well wishes. The process for him is a long one, but he is doing well. Eyes fixed, and we keep marching forward.

@Wendy&Neko - it was a challenge of sorts to maintain the trees and shrubbery branches, and still get the pieces up on the side of the house. I wanted it to feel outdoorsy, tree type outdoorsy, so I am glad we succeeded in that regard. The catio enclosure has a great view of the back yard, complete with several spots that our feathered friends like to hang out. I can't wait until spring when they return and the kitties discover how close they are. YAY birds! and squirrels! I have no doubt that once we have warmer sunnier weather that they will be out there all the time. Nicholas and William want me to add some small beds out there for them, and once I know for sure which areas remain consistently dry, I will.

@Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey - thanks, and you are too kind... I will try and post more often. It has just been one crazy and busy winter. Time has been so elusive. I thought once Nicholas was in full day school that I would have more. Funny how it has been the complete opposite.

@Anne & Zener GA ~ Black cats RULE!

@Ozzy Pawzbourne - WOOHOO! A new member. I'd like to welcome you, and wish you much success for your sugar cat. None of us ever want out kitties to have FD, but if they do, it can be such a rewarding experience as we work together to get them healthy again.

@Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) ~~ Can you believe it? I FINALLY got it built. I am with you. The wait, and the expense, was so worth it.

@Dyana - THANK YOU! They know it too...

@tiffmaxee - we need to work on a way to do something lie this for condo dwellers...

@Chris & China - in some ways the best part is seeing Vanessa venture on out. Warms my heart, alot.

Thanks again EVERYONE for taking the time to visit, and read all of it. You all are forever in my heart.

PARTY ON KITTIES!

11. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

That is sooo cool. I love it. I'm glad all three kitties are enjoying it. Sending prayers your DH's oncologist appointment goes well. Congrats to your son on his upcoming wedding.

12. suki & crystal (GA)

suki & crystal (GA) Well-Known Member

I've never seen a catio before so didn't quite know what to expect, OMG that is so amazing, the kitties must be thrilled with their new outdoor residence. Well worth the wait! Great news that your DH is progressing well and what a wonderful trip to Hawaii to look forward to.

13. Tiger(GA) and Ruth

Tiger(GA) and Ruth Well-Known Member

(((((Michelle))))So great to see your condo--now that expression on Lola's face in your pictures are real smile-makers!!! :joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful: Seriously, I was just watching the videos with my kitten K.C. on my lap and she just told me how JEALOUS she is and now my two kitties will be expecting the same!!:eek: Congrats on the project, those pictures are priceless and I'm showing them to DH!!

Glad to hear your DH's cataract surgery went well(I cannot say the same for my DH's but hopefully we will get that sorted) Sending tons of vines for the upcoming oncologist appt- prayers for a clean report! :bighug::bighug:

Congrats for your son's upcoming wedding as well! What a coincidence, I just got back from Hawaii last week, as DH's mother's wish was to be buried there, as that is where they were born and raised. When is the wedding? I am sure you will have a marvelous time! One thing though, be sure to bring Vanessa and her fantastic coffee, that is the one thing that wasn't so great--dey don't do coffee near as good as Vanessa's!!! :cat::cat::cat: Aloha--Auntie Ruth

14. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

That is the coolest catio ever, and so good to hear Bug and Vanessa also love it. I can see where you caught Lola running at warp speed there.
    Katie says she's coming for a visit as she loves to run also. I keep the living room clear so she can do her run, lol! Great seeing how well Nicholas and William are doing with swim and school. They are growing up fast. Best wishes for your son's wedding, and what a place to have a wedding in Hawaii. Hugs and scritches from Katie and me.

15. Andy & Pimp

Andy & Pimp Well-Known Member

HEY! I always loved reading your stories and seeing all the photos, I'm glad you're still here :bighug::bighug:

16. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Good Morning Everyone! I hope your week is off to a good start. Vanessa, CEO of Coffee Cat, is busy making sure all of L&LL has their brew this morning, an Ethiopian Special. :coffee::coffee::coffee: :cool::cat:

@carfurby, @suki & crystal (GA) , @Tiger(GA) and Ruth , @Ann & Maggie11 (GA) , @Andy & Pimp ~~ HELLOOOOOOOOOOO al! Thanks for the visit. The catio continues to rule here. It is a sunny day, and all three of the kitties are out in out. WOO HOO! This morning they had a visitor, a black cat from somewhere in the neighborhood came to look in at Lola who was out in the catio portion at the time. He was on our deck, she in the big enclosure. :eek:Wow, an admirer. He was cordial, Lola was cool, as they just stared at each other. In a few minutes Lola took off on down the run, and Black Kitty followed her on the roof! :woot::woot::woot::woot::eek::eek::p:cool::nailbiting::):):):rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:. I just couldn't be happier with the decision to go forward with this. The kitties are ever so pleased with it. As am I.

@carfurby - THX so much for the well wishes for DH. He is doing well, still in recovery mode in some regards, but still is cancer free. We hope the next scans continues that trend. PAWS CROSSED! THX for my sons congrats. Woot a wedding in August! :):cool:

@suki & crystal (GA) - Hi, it is great to hear from you. Thx on all. Life has treated us well. A big yes on the catio! best. thing. ever!

@Tiger(GA) and Ruth - Hi Ruth! it is great to hear from you too. All is well here. Catio is so totally awesome. Only regret I have is that it took me a while to "take the plunge" and build it. Lola say to tell K.C> that she will help come and build her one. :cool:I hope your DH enjoys the pics, maybe he'll say yes to one for you. Maybe? THX too on the well wishes for DH. We are grateful that his cataract surgery went well. I hope things work out for your DH and his. I am sorry that your mom has passed, but how nice that you were able to honor his wishes, and have her laid to rest there. very nice. My sons wedding is in August (12th), and on Kona, at the Sheraton resort there. What a gorgeous place. on my on Hawaiian coffee.... Guess we will have to bring Vanessa, our resident kitteh barista with us.

@Ann & Maggie11 (GA) HI ANN! Many thanks on the catio. I love it, even with it being as pricey as it was. So worth the bucks spent. My kitties are very happy with it, there is a pronounced bounce to their step when they are coming and going in it. Success! Lola says to tell Katie she can come anytime, catio is open 24/7. The run she says is excellent. :joyful: THX too on Nicholas and William. They are such a joy. and yupp, excellent students too! THX too on my sons wedding. An adventure awaits us all in August, as none of us have ever been to Hawaii. :rolleyes::joyful:

@Andy & Pimp - HI ANDY! It is so cool to hear from you. I too am glad that you are still around. THX so much on your comments. Life got so busy that I just haven't been able to post much. I hope to rectify that going forward, at least try for an update once a month. I have missed L&LL!

17. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

I missed this the other day....such an awesome condo overall! The catio is so incredibly cool, great to hear the boys are thriving, and DH is doing well, too!!

18. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

@Amy&TrixieCat Hi Amy, and thanks! Thanks too on the catio. I am very pleased with how it all turned out, even more so that the furkids here love it too. WAY COOL!

19. Rachel & Chyna (GA)

Rachel & Chyna (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Michelle))) I love it! The catio is amazing. It's nice to hear how well everyone is doing, too. Many hugs!:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

20. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

@Rachel & Chyna (GA) - Hi Rachel! many thanks! We, ad the kitties loves the catio. Such a great addition. Hugs back at ya. I hope all is well with you too.

21. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Michelle,
    We just got back from the city and I was able to see the videos of the catio (my iPad, which is what I take to the city, is so old that it couldn't handle them). WOW! What an amazing structure!! Lola looks and sounds so excited. I'm so glad that Bug and Vanessa are also getting into the fun. And Lola has a visitor, come to check it out! Enjoy, kitties!!

Hi to Everyone who visited this great condo!

Ella & Rusty

22. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

@Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) ~~ Morning Ella :coffee::coffee::coffee: Vanessa sends her BEST Ethiopian! I hope you guys had a great trip to the Big Apple. Rusty, keep those BG's in Line. ;) THX on the catio. The kitties are very pleased with it, as am I. It has been a success venture, even though it took me forever to take the plunge, $$ wise. It is so cool that all three of them use it. We had such a laugh over the visitor. I suspect he may be back, but as of that sighting, a no show. I am anxious for warmer weather, when I hope they will spend alot of time out there. Even with our cold stuff now they venture out. YAY! :cool::):joyful:

23. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Good Morning Everyone! Greetings from the frozen PNW. WOW, what weather here! 6-10" of snow yesterday, and now ice just about everywhere. What a winter we have had... We don't get snow often, so when we do, it really is a big deal. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: We even set records for snowfall! Whoa! :joyful::cool: I did take a long walk yesterday, sure was gorgeous out there. What a Snow Day in Edmonds. I am, however, so glad that I don't have to be anywhere today, and can sit back and enjoy the :coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee: that kitteh barista Vanessa has prepared. ;):joyful: Safe journeys to anyone who has to deal with adverse weather.... :eek::nailbiting::)

I wanted to add some updated photos and videos on the catio. Lola LOVES her new digs, and no mater the weather she is out in it, 24/7. We leave the access door open for her so she can go out when she wants. The other two, Bug and Vanessa, still venture out too. that part is so cool. Even with the snow Lola was out in her catio: batting at a few very small snowballs that made it inside, running the run portion, sitting in the catio watching the snow fall, from the sky, and the tree limbs when it started to melt. She does not seem to mind it, more curious about it than anything else. Bug and Vanessa have avoided the snow. ;):smuggrin: They poke their nose out in it, but didn't venture out, preferring the warmth of their kitty snuggle beds instead. CATIOS RULE!

Lola and the Catio Snow Ball

Lola in the catio, Just chillin'!

P1100627.JPG
    Lola, up on one of the perches in the catio

P1100614.JPG
    Lola, Bug and Vanessa. One out, two thinking nope... too cold! :cat:

P1100616.JPG
    Lola: WHOA! What's this white icy cold stuff?

Life continues to go well here. The weather last week improved some, allowing Nicholas and William and I to spend some time after Nicholas's school, at a local park: 132nd Square Park. It was so nice to be able to be outdoors! We were also able to make it back to Snohomish, for their weekly Friday Night Swim at the Snohomish Pool. YAY! We really enjoy that pool, and our Friday Night tradition of swimming there. School continues to go well, both boys are very happy at their schools.

P1290880.JPG
    William and Nicholas

Have a great week L&LL! Hugs to all, vines to anyone needing them. Safe travels to our kitties that had to leave us for the Rainbow Bridge. I shall always remember you all.

24. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

I LOVE your catio!!! Wish I could have one for my 3 who live in a 5th floor condo with a postage stamp sized balcony.

25. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

@Kris & Teasel ~ Morning, and thanks Kris! We are lucky that we have the space to do this. It's hard to do when you are a condo owner, with such a small outdoor space, and so high up! I cannot even begin to imagine how one would ever accomplish that....

26. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

I keep looking at simple cage type kennels with a sun roof and perches inside .... maybe some day.

27. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

That's what I'd do if I were in your situation. It should work. Paws crossed for you. :cat:

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  28. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Love the photo of Lola up high, showing off her ear tuffs. She looks so much like Maine Coon, she is totally in her element in that catio. 6-10 inches yesterday - wow! All we got was about 1.5 inches. Great photos of your neighbourhood in the snow. Nice to see the local Starbucks was open in spite of it all. :p

29. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad the kitties are still enjoying the catio. I love watching Lola play with the snow. I'm glad the boys are doing well.

30. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

6-10"! We'd be proud of that one. :joyful: Have there been any escapes since the catio was finished? Um, interesting audio in that first video. So glad to hear DH is doing well. Sending tons of vines for continued progress for him.
    Liz

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  31. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Morning everyone!

@Wendy&Neko ~~ Hi Wendy :coffee::coffee::coffee: I thought she rally looked like the Maine Coon that she is reported to be in that photo too. She really is in her element, loves being out in the catio, sends alot of time in it. YAY! Yupp, we had about 4", my DD had 10'! A snow day and no school for William and Nicholas for sure. Happy boys! LOL, and YES (!!) on Starbucks. They were busy too, lots of folks needed that caffeine booster. :joyful:

@carfurby ~~ Hi Carla :coffee::coffee::coffee:Me too on Lola, she was our snow payer. The others wouldn't touch it. :rolleyes::smuggrin: THX on the boys, they are doing well indeed.

@Anne & Zener GA ~~ Hi Liz and Anne. LOL on the audio on the vid. DH had the TV on, likes "Law and Order", that was what was playing. Many thanks on the vines for him. He is doing well, progress is so slow, but it is there. YUPP, ALOT of snow for us, and of course it rendered so many helpless. HAHA! ALot has melted since then, rains due today. OH - no on the escapes. I have had two semi-attempts, none of them with her ready to pounce and run. The catio has helped alot with that, but we sill watch when coming and going from the house.

Anne & Zener GA likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.