1-30-23 Panzer surgery canceled COVID

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Chrispooky12, Jan 30, 2023.

1. Chrispooky12

Chrispooky12 Well-Known Member

https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/01-25-panzer-pmps-122-high-leukocytes-64-4-70-5-75-6.273457/

My daughter tested positive for covid yesterday & I tested positive for covid today:banghead: I feel absolutely horrible. I canceled my surgery because obviously I can't have surgery when I have covid! It sucks but maybe I wasn't meant to have it yet!

On a good note Panzer has been having absolutely beautiful cycles, knock on wood. I think he knows I'm sick, he hasn't been sleeping with me like he usually does, he's a smart kitty. Hopefully they can't get it. My doctor says they can't but I've seen on here where they can. I am taking every precaution I can to keep my germs away from them. I will be moving his shot time back starting tomorrow, hopefully that won't affect his numbers.

2. cecile & bella

cecile & bella Well-Known Member

I hope you get a very mild case and will feel better soon!

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  3. Chrispooky12

Thank you I hope so too! Even though I feel like crap, I've noticed that I feel better if I move around.

4. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Christina I'm sorry both you and your daughter have covid.
    Both me and Ashley had it in the past , Tyler never got it. I did see that one kitty got it but forgot who it was.
    I just stayed away from Tyler , only tested him and wore a mask when I did
    Hopefully you and your daughter will have a mild case :bighug::bighug::cat:

And yes Panzer's numbers are looking great !

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  5. cecile & bella

Bella got it when my husband and son got it early March 2020. But she did not get it when we all had it again last summer or the other 2 times my son had it.

6. Chrispooky12

Was she okay? Did she have to be treated with anything?

7. Chrispooky12

I hope it's just a mild case, I know I have not sweated this much in a long time! I think I jinked it about Panzer's #s we are in the blues so far tonight :arghh:

8. Diane Tyler's Mom

I'm sure he'll be back to green again.
    I sweated like a pig when I had it

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  9. Carole & Indigo

Carole & Indigo Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear you’re sick, hope you’re feeling better quickly. Our whole house had COVID last fall and Indi was ok, we just did our best to try to stay away from him which didn’t work out as well as we hoped

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  10. Chrispooky12

He's coming back down again hopefully it continues.
    It's good to know that someone else sweated like a pig:p it's 21 degrees outside & I feel like turning the AC on! I've already showered twice today, didn't do my hair though. I normally wash my hair every other day. What really sucks is I still have to work luckily it's all houses with no one home. I will be wearing my mask & gloves & taking a can of lysol with me. 6 houses in 4 days ugg it does seem to help if I move around then I don't feel as yucky:)

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
  11. Chrispooky12

Thank you I'm hoping it's gone by this weekend.Panzer insists on sleeping by my head & he has to be touching me at all times. He has however only slept with me once today, I think he knows I'm sick! He's very attached to me as I am to him. Spook sleeps by my feet so I think he will be fine.

12. cecile & bella

It’s funny, I was so cold when I got it in August. Christina, Bella had trouble breathing, I took her to the ER and they said she had asthma. She had steroids for a while and was ok, she has a cold in the following days, if I remember well they also gave her antibiotics later. She never had « asthma » since that or before. She was not tested, of course, so I am just speculating.

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  13. Chrispooky12

I have cold chills as well but I'm hot more than anything, it probably has a lot to do with menopause as well. I'm hoping to get my surgery rescheduled for the beginning of April. You have to wait to have surgery for up to 7wks after having covid. I may have to sleep with my door shut, just to be extra cautious for Panzer & Spook. I hate to but I don't want them to get sick!

cecile & bella likes this.
  14. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to hear this. I hope you and your daughter get better soon. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  15. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

I am sorry you both have covid. Rotten luck:bighug:

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  16. Skye & Jackson

Skye & Jackson Member

Cats absolutely can get COVID, remember that early on in the pandemic they said tigers in some major zoo - maybe Washington DC? - got it. It was one of the earliest animal cases and highly publicized. I guess all you can do for them is treat the symptoms and keep their immune systems up as well as you can. We use a powdered lysine supplement on their food every day as it is, because it helps with the “kitty colds” that inevitably flare up now and again in larger groups of felines. Knocking on wood, none of ours have acted sick, even when the whole household got it (just once so far).

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  17. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Many cats carry corona virus. It's not necessarily COVID, though. Many, many years ago, I had a cat who was sick and diagnosed with a corona virus. This was decades before COVID existed.

Suzanne & Darcy and Chrispooky12 like this.
  18. Skye & Jackson

Skye & Jackson Member

This is true, therefore the prevalence of “kitty colds”. Although some of those are also a feline form of a herpes virus. But the tigers did get COVID, and got very sick. Haven’t personally heard of house cats getting a real bad case though, at least, which is a good thing.

Suzanne & Darcy and Chrispooky12 like this.
  19. La-La Leo

La-La Leo Well-Known Member

Sorry about the virus colliding with your scheduled surgery, and feeling so crummy!
    All three of us had it starting a few days apart, October 2021, adult daughter at 29, myself at 59, abd then DH at 70. Mone of our three kitties showed any signs of illness, though Leo was diagnosed diabetic a month and half later. I suspect the diabetes we there, but then the weightloss was so noticeable.
    May Panzer remain fine, too!! :cat:

It is good to move around, BTW. Belly breathe. Stay hydrated. ♡♡♡

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  20. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

This is very true. Cats have been subject to various forms of corona viruses for ages. A lot of people think corona viruses are new. And, as you point out, they're not.

21. Suzanne & Darcy

Anyway, Christina. I'm really sorry that the surgery cannot happen. Ugh. You have to live with this for even longer! I had COVID last year (July) and it was not a huge deal - very mild - like a cold - and one day of fever. Worst part of the whole thing was that I lost my sense of smell and taste for a while (a few weeks.) That was annoying (except that I couldn't smell a stinky litter box!) Oh, and my hair thinned out quite a bit... but it's mostly back now although the new hairs aren't as long as the older hairs. Good thing I had a lot of hair to begin with. So... I hope your sickness will pass quickly --and your daughter's too!

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  22. Chrispooky12

Thanks Suzanne so far today the main thing that I am having is a sore throat, I can barely talk. I've been eating cough drops all day & there helping some. I'm going to go & get some cough syrup after I take a nap. I cleaned 2 houses today with a mask on no one home & sprayed lysol every where before I left. I've got one house tomorrow 2 on Thursday & one on Fri. I don't have a fever anymore but I do have a bit of a headache which I am taking ibuprofen for. No appetite & when I do eat I can't taste it, I also can't smell anything.

23. Suzanne & Darcy

I hate that for you! Will you clean tomorrow? If you are sick? I take it nobody will be at home. I don't know how you will manage it if you still feel really ill. You probably will be fatigued.

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  24. Chrispooky12

Yes I have no choice. I still need $80 on rent, gas bill, car insurance & life insurance policy. No one will be home, so I will do the same thing I did today. It actually helps me to move around. 2 houses today was a bit hard but I pulled it off!

Last edited: Jan 31, 2023
  25. Suzanne & Darcy

He is back in green tonight! :D:D

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  26. Chrispooky12

Yes he is :D:D he's @67 now but eating, so I will staying up an extra hour or more tonight to see where he's at! Absolutely fine with me I want them greens :D & there's always nap time after I get home from work. :smuggrin:

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  27. Chrispooky12

Panzer is @63@+2.75 snack, I gave him MC due to not being able to monitor until +7 or later

28. Suzanne & Darcy

Have a good day. Panzer will be fine. Good job giving MC.

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  29. Chrispooky12

Spook has not been eating well today. He has only been wanting one flavor of course it's the one Panzer won't touch:rolleyes: but he's been iffy eating it today too. So I put mirataz on his ear 2hrs before PMPS & gave him another Ondansetron @ PMPS as well. He ate all of his food, but I did have to coax him! Hopefully he will do better at the next feeding.

30. Chrispooky12

Thank you Carla:bighug::bighug::bighug:

31. Chrispooky12

Thank you sometimes I feel like if it weren't for bad luck I wouldn't have any at all:bighug:

32. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope you feel a better soon

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  33. Diane Tyler's Mom

I hope you and your daughter are felling better. At least you can rest on the weekend if you have no houses to clean. Panzer's numbers are looking great .I hope Spook has eaten better today :bighug::cat:

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  34. Suzanne & Darcy

Good morning. I hope you are feeling better tpday and that Panzer and Spook eat well for you today. Will you be able to rest at home today?

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  35. Chrispooky12

Thank you, I feel like I feel worse when I try to sleep. I cough my head off when I lay down for at least 30mins & wake up many times coughing. I've taken almost a whole bottle of cough syrup ugg.I hope I get over this by Monday.

36. Chrispooky12

Good morning. They both ate great today. Unfortunately today is my big house that I normally do on Wednesday but moved it to today because I didn't work Monday so I cleaned that house on Wednesday. I feel better but still lots of coughing & stuffed up runny nose. I was kinda glad when Panzer was at 120@ AMPS because my ex roommate will be in to feed today, so I won't get to test after +2 AMPS until at least +9 or later.

37. Chrispooky12

Already dropping early 89@+2.75 gave MC can't monitor until +9 or later

38. Suzanne & Darcy

This sounds awful.

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  39. Chrispooky12

It is awful...6 houses in 4 days with covid! It's definitely time to relax, I may try to sleep but I will probably just end up coughing.

40. Chrispooky12

Panzer is puking 45mins after insulin. All of his food came back up & meds. What should I do?

41. Suzanne & Darcy

What did you do? I probably would have just tried feeding him little bits of food - a teaspoon here and there - even baby food - to get some food into him. As for meds, unless I could see whole undigested pills, I would not readminister the medication.

Chrispooky12 likes this.
  42. Chrispooky12

I started a 911 thread yesterday's date & Bron helped me through it. He's been fine so far today, beautiful numbers:D

43. Suzanne & Darcy

Cool! I read it and it Sounds like y’all did everything right. I’m glad Bron was around to give you some moral support.

Chrispooky12 likes this.