1/31 Spicey Amps Readings

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by tajana340, Jan 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tajana340

tajana340 Member

Hi Everyone, Well so far today I have had interesting readings. Take a look at the spreadsheet for 1/31. Does that mean regulation? I think that is pretty good to be at that all day versus high low etc. These numbers make me feel like its about time. We will see what happens tonite with pmps #s.

David

2. Donna & Buddha

Donna & Buddha Member

Sweet! Looks like a good day.

3. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

NIce pretty yellows!!!

I'm still concerned about the late drops and low +12s, but no low #s overall, so that's good news. You may find that this dose is working decently because you are at times shooting it at +13 (I think, if I'm reading the SS right), and that's taking the edge off it potentially being too high (and it may actually be too low for a late shot, but I wouldn't worry about that angle for now).

With Bix, often I found that a +13 or +14 shot had a roughly equivalent effect to a dose 0.2u lower at a +12 (i.e. I would raise the dose by that much if shooting late, or lower it if shooting earlier). If it were me, I'd still probably try 0.4u (or maybe eyeball it between 0.4 & 0.6 and go for a 0.5u) and see if that gives me shootable #s more consistently at +12.

[ETA: Just rechecked her SS - you can see the overlap effect nicely in her #s. If you look at when you raised to 0.6u (1/29-PM) she stayed in highish #s for the next preshot, then with cycle 2 (1/30-AM), got a great following PS in the low 200s. So that is awesome, and shows how with PZI the overlap builds up over the first few cycles. Then on the next shot (3rd cycle on 0.6u, 1/30-PM shot) she drops at the end of the cycle with +12 of 117, so that suggests to me that's the point - cycle 3 - where 0.6u might be now too much insulin, now that the overlap has built up. So then with a +13 shot at that point 0.6u did a decent job, but not enough to get back to blue #s. So to me, all that suggests to lower the dose a hair once you get a good PS, so you don't risk her going too low, but still raise back up on +13 shots. I'd probably try 0.5u or 0.4u at +12s, and maybe even 0.7u at a +13, although there's nothing wrong with staying at 0.6u for those, that seems to hold her well enough for the occasional late shot.]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.