1/4 Tibbs -slgs- amps 436 +4 258 pmps 308

Discussion in 'Lantus / Basaglar (glargine) and Levemir (detemir)' started by tibbs5, Jan 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tibbs5

tibbs5 Well-Known Member

after Tibbsey's failed dose reduction, he is ever so slowly starting to give me a bit better numbers. it has been so very busy so i was not getting mid cycle readings but this week i will be able to get some. i have been trying to understand why,after a failed dose reduction, and a return to the last good dose that earned him that reduction, that he won't go back to those good numbers. that is very confusing to me.
    hope everyone is well & happy new year to all.
    thanks.
    Nadine & Tibbs

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Hi Nadine - Happy New Year to you and Mr. Tibbs!

It's not uncommon for kitties to have to go back up in dose again. Part of it is related to Glucose Toxicity.I find with Neko that it doesn't take very long in higher numbers before her body gets used to those higher numbers again and I have to go a little higher to break through the resistance in order to come back down again. That's why we don't like to hold onto a dose too long. If we've gotten enough mid cycle checks to be sure a dose isn't doing it, then it's time to take it up again. And we usually find that kitties respond better to full .25U increases. Of course, you'd only do that when you know you'd be able to monitor.

3. tibbs5

tibbs5 Well-Known Member

thanks Wendy. yes after more tests in the next 2 days, i think he's def going back up again. i was soooo excited that he earned a reduction. oh well. 5p's are excellent though. thanks.

4. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

i agree with Wendy - i had the idea at the beginning that once punkin got used to better numbers he's stop bouncing. but it seemed to take a very short time before he would "forget" that good numbers were ok. It's definitely a bummer, but all you can do is go up until you see the nadirs improve.

persistence will get you there! hang in there, Nadine! You've got lots of company and all cats respond eventually. :bighug:

5. tibbs5

tibbs5 Well-Known Member

thanks Julie.
    i should be used to it. my boy is the king of the trampoline. lol. i'm just happy that he is feeling good.
    thank you.

julie & punkin (ga) likes this.
  6. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

feeling good is a great report!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.