1/5 Bix

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Joanna & Bix (GA), Jan 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

day 5-ish - 81

Bix's legs are starting to look weaker again so I thought I'd get in a quick test. Good # though, so no insulin for now. I wonder if he's spiking up a lot perhaps when he eats (I try to test when I think it's not a food spike, but he's such a nibbler it's hard to be sure), and in that way running higher some of the time. Even if I were to test and confirm that though, I don't know what I'd do differently - if his pancreas is bringing things back down to this level on it's own, it doesn't seem like shooting a food spike would be smart. I'd still like to see 65 or 70 with him, but I certainly can't complain. :)

One of my civvies legs are looking weak too :(. Maybe I need to go to the eye doc, LOL. I'm suspecting arthritis with her - no sign of extra drinking & peeing (I'm kind of afraid to test her BG lest it be high - I know that's stupid, but ignorance is bliss, right? She's been my meter control test in the past, with glowing #s, so it seems unlikely on LC food, but you never know.).

Anyhow, hope everyone is having a good week, freezing a**es notwithstanding!!! :lol:

2. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Joanna,
    Have you tried adding methylcobalmine to their food? Maybe it's just a b-12 deficiency. I know that when I added it to Blackie's diet, he started jumping up on things he hadn't jumped on in ages. Blackie is much older than Bix, but who knows? I don't see how Bix could have neuropathy when his bgs are below 100. Wish I had better advice.

3. Joanna & Bix (GA)

No I've never looked into that. Could they have a deficiency even though eating Wellness? My other civvies' back legs are looking a little weaker too lately, but I chalked it up to aging. The one who I mentioned earlier is really thinking hard today before jumping at all, and doing more climbing/stepping when she can. :cry: It's always something, right? I will go do my research now, blick!!!!

4. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Well I screwed up my courage & tested Noora... one p.o.'d cat later cat(2)_steam and she passed with flying colors... 54!!! Which is also good meter data, and confirmation that BIx is still running a bit higher than I'd like (though not high enough to shoot by any means).

Ele, do you have a favorite Methyl-B-12 that you buy? Do you know if it's safe to just add in - she & Bix are on other meds, but nothing out of the ordinary (Budesonide for Bix, and Azithromycin for Noora). I'm thinking I'll try giving it to all 3 of them and see if it helps. Mystified though why they might have a deficiency, other than Bix. Still researching, but please share any info you want to!!! :)

thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[posting on Health too for info...]

5. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

I use Thorne Research and I get it from my chiropractor, but I know you can buy it online. I give Blackie one half capsule once a day. This brand doesn't have any flavoring like some human supplements. I think there are lots of brands out there. Hopefully you'll find something on Health. Also, if their body doesn't need the b-12, they will excrete the excess in their urine, so there's no worries about overdose.

6. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

Yay for Noora!! I know you must be relieved. I had the same fear about testing Cricket (head in the sand works for me too!) but when I did and he was normal, it was such a relief!

That's odd that all 3 of them are showing signs of weakness, especially when none of them have any (seeming) reason to do so. I would say maybe it's due to the cold, but we all know THAT'S not true. ;)

That's good to know that you can't overdose them, Ele. Just one less thing to worry about! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.