1/5 Blackie AMPS-130,+3-47,+5-121,+6-110,+7.25-115,+10-238

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Team Blackie (GA), Jan 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Team Blackie (GA)

Team Blackie (GA) Member

1/4 Condo

Starting in the blues this morning. Getting a +3 before I head to school and I've told my mother to keep a close eye on him but she struggled with the AMPS test. I told her to test him at +4, +5, +6 but I know shes not going to have the ability and patience to do all that so I told her to get a +6 at a minimum, hope she can at least manage that.

2. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: 1/5 Blackie AMPS-130,+3-47

Good Luck testing to your mom.

3. Cassandra and Sasha

Cassandra and Sasha Well-Known Member

Please feed and retest after that 47. I would wait no more than 30 minutes for a retest.

4. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

holy Blackie!

any updates? nailbite_smile

5. Team Blackie (GA)

Team Blackie (GA) Member

Re: 1/5 Blackie AMPS-130,+3-47,+5-121,+6-110

I fed him a half-can of FF Grilled Chicken w/gravy right after +3. My mother got a +5 and I got out of school early today and just did his +6.

I don't really have much confidence in my mother's testing yet so thats why I gave him some HC right before I went school.

I'm planning on dropping his dose down by a 1/4 unit tonight. Any feedback?

6. Jen and Oreo (GA)

Jen and Oreo (GA) Well-Known Member

Not sure how much to decrease by, but someone will be along soon :)

And yay for mom getting a test in!!

7. Laura and Quincy

Laura and Quincy Member

I think whether the dose is decrease by .25 or .50 may depend in part on your ability to monitor in the coming days too. If you can get more spot checks and respond with LC rather than HC if Blackie drops too low (thereby avoiding something that needs to clear his system), a lower reduction might be a good baby step. If you're going to be busy with school and you/your mom can't get checks in (and respond to a potential hypo episode), it might be better to go down by .50 rather than .25 so you can attend to the rest of your life a little bit more and avoid using HC. The Tilly protocol calls for .50 reductions with higher doses anyway. But I see Blackie's numbers have been high and know you're eager for some action, which might call for a smaller reduction.

Hard to say.... at this point, though, it seems like you're pretty well equipped with data, know how/when to test, and what to do if Blackie drops too low! But since you gave him some HC today, he may still run on the high side.

Definitely a good case for some peer review but ultimately you wield the syringe!

BTW, I love how the notes on Blackie's spreadsheet include a summary of his prey. :smile:

8. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Re: 1/5 Blackie AMPS-130,+3-47,+5-121,+6-110,+7.25-115

You are correct - decreases are always no more than 0.25u.

You can wait to see what Blackie's numbers are at PMPS. Since it's very likely that he will bounce, you can either shoot your old dose which may limit the degree to which he bounces or shoot the new dose. If Blackie's numbers are still relatively low at shot time, definitely shoot the lower amount. It looks like you shot through the rebound on the 23rd so you should have a good idea of how to decide which is the best option.

9. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Bump this post for TODAY's condo. :D

Wowee!!! Look at these numbers!

10. Helene & Tizon

Helene & Tizon Well-Known Member

What a nice day... sorry about the condo mix up.

Tizon got 0.25 U reductions, however a lot of cats are in the shaving party (skinny dose as opposed to 0.25 U) reduction.
    As I posted (because I am confused) in your old condo.... don't be surprise or upset to see Blackie's BG go up tonight (and maybe up to 72 hrs). It's part of Liver training and it happens when the liver isn't used to seeing numbers that are normal.

Good work today.

11. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

What wonderful numbers for Blackie today!! Glad to see some progress. You do know that that +10 is probably a bounce from that 47 you got earlier, so don't get discouraged! Go Team Blackie!!!

12. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

oops, my bad, sometimes I don't know what day it is. :roll:

nice numbers!

the usual dose reduction is to reduce by 0.25 units, so my suggestion would be to make his dose 4.5u. Sometimes people like to shoot the higher dose one last time, especially if the cat is bouncing high, to help combat the rebound. That is up to you depending on what the PMPS number is, how comfortable you are shooting it, and how you feel about your ability to monitor.

13. Team Blackie (GA)

Team Blackie (GA) Member

Thanks for the feedback guys. I think he'll hit the 300 mark at PMPS so I'll shoot 4.75u tonight and do 4.5u tomorrow morning. I gotta talk to my mother about our schedules and work out test times.

14. Team Blackie (GA)

Team Blackie (GA) Member

PMPS = 295

Finally a day with numbers under 300. Went ahead with 4.75u tonight and will down to 4.5u in the morning.

15. Ronnie & Luna

Good day for Blackie Ken!!

Can u squeeze in a couple of spotchecks tonight? Post if u need guidance :lol:

Good job!

16. Team Blackie (GA)

Team Blackie (GA) Member

Night Tests (After PM Shot):

+3 = 427
    +4 = 430

17. Cassandra and Sasha

Cassandra and Sasha Well-Known Member

Congratulations on the reduction! May Blackie's trip through RBC be short and sweet. :smile:

18. Dana & Lily (GA)

Dana & Lily (GA) Member

Hi Ken,

Just wanted to pass on a "high five" to you as I see Blackie is getting some pretty blue and green numbers recently. That is wonderful! Glad you have seen some positive results. I'd like to think that Lily's syringes are giving Blackie some good luck, but I know it is your hard work and patience that have prevailed.

Go Team Blackie! :RAHCAT

19. Ronnie & Luna

OLD THREAD DO NOT REPLY

k Im confused - this thread is a few days old - how'd it get up here? lol!

let's just let scroll down lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.