Ok, so I just checked her again (I haven't tested any more since that # yesterday) and it's 285!! I am, indeed, saying WTF! I used a bottle of strips that expires March of 2010 and I tested with the control solution, so I know it's not that. I tried to look in her mouth and it looks okay but I am not a tooth expert so... My real dilemma is this: I can't just give a drop or 2 of PZI because I think my bottle has gone bad. It had floaties in it, swirling around the bottom. So I have the Lantus that I got for free for just such an occasion, but I really don't think you can just start giving a new insulin, right? I mean, I know people switch all the time and that's what they start doing but it just seems so....I don't know. I'm in a tizzy over here. So my questions are: absent of any symptoms that I can tell, do I take her to the vet and have them rule out an infection before I worry about giving insulin? Do I just give her some Lantus? If so, how much? Do I just wait it out for another 24 hours? ETA: Hi Terri! Glad to see you here in PZI. How has life been treating you?