1/8 Yum's first appetite falter

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by MJW, Feb 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MJW

MJW Well-Known Member

Yum was mostly yellow on Tuesday (yay). Then she entered a slow bounce into reds yesterday (boo).
    I increased her to 14 units at PMPS last night.
    PMPS 448 +3 466 +5.5. 446 +10 gag vomit +11 489 .5R snack
    AMPS 536 breakfast +3 375 (she had a large bowel movement and a small PMPS+11 0 carb snack before the 536)
    She was ravenous for her PMPS+11 snack and for her AMPS breakfast.
    She barely touched her AMPS+3 snack. This is a total shock. She is always ravenous.
    She has gag vomited the last 2 nights, somehow not noticing her overnight snack.
    So, it could be:
    1. her CKD (I haven't entered last week's labs yet; her SDMA was the same; her phosphorus was up because she is eating so much, but still under 6; her creatinine was way down to 1.7, but only because she drinks so much water
    2. the cabergoline
    3. ketones? I haven't gotten a test sample yet today
    4. yesterday's adequan shot?

It's awful when they don't eat. Worried.
    I will give her a B12 shot at noon.

2. Myagi (GA) and Heidi

Myagi (GA) and Heidi Well-Known Member

Appy vines for Yum:bighug: downloadfile-3.png

MJW likes this.
  3. MJW

MJW Well-Known Member

Well, those vines worked. Thank you!
    She was ravenous at +6.
    I apologize to all those whose kitties aren't eating for real.
    I force fed Yum's mother at the end and it was awful. I totally freak out now when they won't eat.

4. Myagi (GA) and Heidi

Myagi (GA) and Heidi Well-Known Member

That's wonderful! I'm the same way. And sometimes they're just not hungry or teeny upset tummy that has to pass - out isn't always the crisis us mom's think it is. :bighug::rolleyes::bighug:

MJW likes this.
  5. LuvinThisPig

LuvinThisPig Well-Known Member

Yay! I am glad that Yum finally ate! I think sometimes the ups and downs with these guys will affect their appetite. Pig goes through his spurts. Every now and then he just does not seem that hungry, but other times he is absolutely ravenous! Just a guess of mine, though, and I am so glad that Yum saw some solid yellows! Heading in the right direction girl! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

MJW likes this.
  6. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Pay attention to this.

Glad she ate for you. It is a nightmare and very, very stressful. :bighug:

MJW likes this.
  7. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

I agree! I become unglued when Bubba who is normally part pig even slows down with eating let along stops. Glad she is back in the groove!

I hope you figure out what is making her appy iffy. :bighug:

MJW likes this.
  8. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Glad Yum is eating again for you. I agree, see what the new things are and try to find a suspect so if it happens again, you have an idea of what to switch up. :bighug:

MJW likes this.
  9. MJW

MJW Well-Known Member

Maybe as her BG drops her appetite is dropping too? That's the most positive spin I can put on it. She hasn't ignored her food since Thursday (quite the opposite), but she is leaving "crumbs" on her plate after some of her every 3 hour feedings.
    Wishing good appetites to all the cats on the forum!

10. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

I hope that's it! I bet your food bill is hefty with her recently. I'm glad her food refusal was short lived. :cat:

MJW likes this.
  11. MJW

MJW Well-Known Member

Bwahaha. That's true: Radcat frozen raw isn't cheap. A little specialty shop delivers it to my doorstep once a week. The civvies eat it too, since one has early kidney disease and since Yum would be a jealous and resourceful thief if they got Fancy Feast.

Myagi (GA) and Heidi likes this.
  12. Steph & Quintus & L & O

Steph & Quintus & L & O Well-Known Member

This is the first thing that came to my mind when I saw your thread title. My vote. Lower numbers = less starving cells = less ravenous cat. I'd say it's a good sign.

MJW likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.