1/9 Alex AMPS 426,+2~383,+7~350,+10~294

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA), Jan 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA) Well-Known Member

WCR:
    Alex THINKS he's fine today but he has had a little bout of diarrhea since last night so he's probably not over his stomach virus yet and I didn't help it any since I probably put him back on his regular diet too soon. (Time frame worked fine for Jackson but he doesn't inhale his food or eat as much as Alex). So Alex is back on the Beechnut stage one meat with broth again, probably for 24 hours, and I'm going to pick up some flagyl for him. Actually he went to bed feeling pretty crummy last night but he's hungry hungry hungry today. I just have to try to remember who wears the pants in this family when it comes to deciding who gets what at mealtime.... well Alex usually does, so I guess we have to have a shift of power here and I have to become the alpha cat ...at least for today :mrgreen:

(btw, did blood ketone test and it is 0.6 which is negative in case those that know Alex are wondering, since diarrhea can be a sign of ketosis) Yay Alex \M/

Morning Everyone... :coffee:

yesterday

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Re: 1/9 Alex AMPS 426

Hope Alex feels better soon. Poopee's is no fun!
    Good to hear he has an appetite too!

Have a good day Caryl!
    flip_cat

3. Monique & Spooky

Monique & Spooky Well-Known Member

Re: 1/9 Alex AMPS 426

Howdy,

Just peeked at yous SS, looks like no R last night and he got a GREEN that's super! The red AMPS (although a low red) is probably his tummy troubles combined with a little bounce, he hasn't seen green for over a week. Looks like he is already on his way to the next floor. Hope he keeps with program. Yea on the ketones being neg.!

4. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Re: 1/9 Alex AMPS 426,+2~383,+7~350

it's nice that Alex is coming down so well on his own. Maybe Carolyn was right yesterday, that the R was helping set up bigger bounces and that he'll level out on his own. Carolyn is right a lot. :mrgreen:

5. Carolyn and Spot

Carolyn and Spot Well-Known Member

Thanks Libby! I just delete what is not right. I can change my own history right? :mrgreen:

I'm confused because I thought she just forgot to post her R dose in her SS. That response without R is fairly impossible. I think you'll have to try to use some patience Caryl, I see you've broken out the R today and I know this sounds crazy, but he didn't need it. It's only going to cause his liver to fight it harder. This is what happens when we use R in cats that are not toxic, it sends them into endless rebound to the point where you can't see what is really happening with his numbers.

6. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

How do I know he's not going to get ketones? He has diarrhea and he's in the 300's and higher. This isn't a good place for him to be. The only reason I didn't give him R this morning was because I was going out and I wasn't giving him much food. Last night I didn't think he needed any at 271.

7. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

Re: 1/9 Alex AMPS 426,+2~383,+7~350 INCREASE?

He may be coming down but not to where he should be to make me comfortable. These numbers are waaay too high for him. Should I try to increase his Lantus dose again? It's been almost 7 cycles on 4 (not counting bcs dose it would be 7) :YMSIGH:

Oh, will flagyl do anything to his bg?

8. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

Re: 1/9 Alex PMPS 332,+2~180,+4~86,+6~110

did't give any R tonight

9. Cassandra and Sasha

Cassandra and Sasha Well-Known Member

Really looks like this dose is starting to kick in nicely. :smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.