1/9 Jan and Buddy AMPS 288 +3 327

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jan and Buddy, Jan 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan and Buddy

Jan and Buddy Member

Well a pretty yellow this am. Going up a little, will see!!

2. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

good luck with the dosecrease!

I know that both Sandy and Sharyn (the ones with IAA kitties) aren't around the board much right now, but I'm sure one of them will talk to you soon. Both cats are doing very well, Black Kitty even went OTJ! Jojo is also a huge resource and she is keeping an eye on you too. If you have specific questions, post them here today and I'll send her a note to stop by and try to answer them. I'll learn along with you. :smile:

Did you see Jojo's note about maybe switching to Levemir?

3. Jan and Buddy

Jan and Buddy Member

Thanks Libby, I do appreciate you being a constant eye with me!!!! :D

Yes I did read what jojo had to say. I am under the impression that Lantus and Levimir are pretty close to the same, I just opened the 2nd pen from a 5 pen pack this am and gave the 5.5L. So if it is not going to make a tremendous amount of difference,(haven't checked into price yet for Lev) then I would rather use up the Lantus. I will go with which ever one would be the better!!

I have 2 main questions I don't know if they can be answered:

1. I'm thinking the Vet is not to familar if at all about IAA, and I don't know what to say to her about the IAA.

2. Should I just continue on the way I'm going on the dose, and just treat this as watch the numbers and follow the same dosing??

I asked in Heath I can't find the link for the old board, to read old posts in high dose, can you give that to me.

Thanks Libby :YMHUG:

4. Jan and Buddy

Jan and Buddy Member

Re: 1/9 Jan and Buddy PMPS 343

nm

5. Jan and Buddy

Jan and Buddy Member

Re: 1/9 Jan and Buddy PMPS +3 362

nm

6. Libby and Lucy

I sent Jojo a message to look in on you when she can. She's the best person to answer your questions about IAA. Did you find the link to the old board? Sandy/BK mostly posted in Lantus Land, I think Sharyn posted in both LL and High Dose.

Generally I think you'll proceed the same way with dose. There might be times when you might need to do increases and decreases by more than 0.25 at a time, though I don't know because Buddy's numbers aren't all that bad so he might not need a ton more increases. We'll see. At least if he does need a higher dose, you now know why.

I don't believe most vets are very familiar with IAA so you will probably need to educate them as you go along. It is fairly rare so they probably have not dealt with it before.

7. Jan and Buddy

Jan and Buddy Member

Libby,
    I answered Jojo's post, with all the questions she had but she must not be feeling well cause I haven't heard anything back.
    I'm planning on still posting in LL if it's OK with everyone??? I kinda feel like poor Buddy is the "outcast" a little. LOL
    He seems to be acting and pretty much doing what he normally does.
    Thanks again for your help.
    Jan

8. Libby and Lucy

oh good, I'm glad you got in touch with her. You're in great hands.

Of course we want you here! You can post in either place or both places, whatever you are comfortable with. As I said, Sandy/BK always posted in LL, and most of the acro moms do. This is your home for as long as you want us. :lol:

9. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

oh my goodness, jan! of course you can continue to post in LL! you can also post in the high dose group any time you want.
    i'm not sure if anyone gave you the link to sandy and black kitty's ss: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pj18WeQTVaWmyP-SWuUD1Ew.
    if you look at BK's ss you can see sandy often took him up a half unit at a time.

please don't feel like buddy is an outcast just because he's thirstier than some other kitties. it's just one of those things that makes him more special to all of Lantus Land...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.