1/9: Pablo's AMPS 163*

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Holly and Pablo, Jan 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Holly and Pablo

Holly and Pablo Member

Yesterday's Late-Evening Condo That Hardly Anybody Read

To better understand what's going on with Pablo, please see yesterday's condo and click on the link to the thread in health.

I was planning on increasing the dose this morning to 3.75, but last night at +6, Pablo puked up every bit of his dinner. I didn't feed him again because his tummy seemed upset still, and the BG I got at that point was 198. Well, it's still low this morning, so I don't feel comfortable shooting more than usual in the event the pukus reappears later today. :roll:

I think he was really stressed about me trying to look at the thing on his chin last night, which caused him to be stressed and the spewing ensued. When I said I wanted blues, this wasn't how I wanted to get 'em!

2. Karen & Pearl

Karen & Pearl Member

How is his lump? YOu know, this is totally anecdotal, but I think Pearl gets lumps and acne on her chin FROM rubbing on things. Things are dirty. Dirt dirt dirt. And cause allergy flare ups on top of flare ups. I really hope you can figure it out.

3. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Hope the chin thing gets resolved soon--you know Moonie has chronic chin acne which is hard to get rid of as well...Guess the chin is a delicate area for cats!!

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Did Pablo eat this AM? Maybe an early test would be a good idea just to make sure Pablo's numbers don't drop too much or too quickly?

It sounds like you're going to do an aspiration this AM. I hope the chin lump turns out to be no big deal. Keep us posted.

5. Holly and Pablo

Holly and Pablo Member

Sienne, Pablo ate and kept it down. He's only thrown up three times in the 13 months I've owned him. The first was after he found some spilled dry food before I switched all the cats to wet, the second after I gave him a few little chunks of cheese, and the third was last night after I stressed the heck out of him. He's really not one for giving up his food! :lol:

And he's back in the lovely pinks again today. Guess I could have upped him after all, but I didn't want to risk it. I'll do it tonight.

I'm planning on aspirating the lump on Monday which is the first time my vet will be back in the office. I've calmed down some now; I have a tendency to think immediately of the worst possible thing that could happen. And I always ask my vet to tell me all the possible outcomes, and he's honest. He said it could just be inflammation and pyoderma, but he can't rule out a fast-growing tumor without a biopsy. In light of the fact that it started draining a bit last night, I think the pyoderma is more likely. I'll still do the aspirate and send it out to be sure, but I've promised myself and Pablo that I will STOP poking at it for now.

6. pjstroop

pjstroop Member

Hi Holly..
    Sorry to hear that Pablo is back in the pink.. iz better than red :D
    Good luck on the aspiration on Monday..
    Sending feel better vibes to Pablo!

7. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

sorry, things have been rather busy on the board the past couple days with low numbers and an OD yesterday. we also encourage posters to stop by and meet their neighbors by posting in their condos (threads). peeps who "go visiting" usually end up with more responses in their threads. :D

looks like you've increased the dose tonight. the lump could very well be the reason for the higher numbers. i'm glad you're checking it out on monday.
    good luck with the new dose!

8. Cassandra and Sasha

Cassandra and Sasha Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear Pablo has so much going on right now and hope the doscrease helps his numbers out a bit. I'm trying to get caught up on the Health discussion right now - great that Jess and Dr. Lisa are there. :smile:

Sending Pablo healing vines.

9. Michele and Esse

Michele and Esse Well-Known Member

Can I just sneak in and say I read your post, but had nothing to add, so didn't post. I still don't have anything to add, but wanted to let you know you're not as alone as you feel... and yes, I know all about the surprise lump stuff. I have one I need to get aspirated on Esse...

One trick we do at the hospital (although I'm not sure how you'd do it on a cat) is we draw a circle around the edge of the new bruise/lump/bleed. That way, we can quickly and easily spot any spreading or growth...but i don't know how to do that with a kitty...

Best-
    Michele

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.