? 1/9 squirrel pmps 142 slgs dosing?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Adriana & Squirrel, Jan 9, 2021.

1. Adriana & Squirrel

Adriana & Squirrel Member

https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/1-3-squirrel-amps-388-4-388.240959/

Hi! Was just wondering what you would do with a 142 PMPS? In the past I just shoot him with a lower dose, I've never skipped a shot. Sometimes I would stall if he was very low. But I'm really trying this SLGS To get him regulated again. After 11 years of being diabetic I can't see the old boy OTJ... But to keep him comfortable through this diet change that btw is making me crazy...lol...he loves this flavor one day the next he hates it...man I miss the FF days! But it is what it is. I have to get calories into him no matter what.and he's in decent numbers and acting been more like himself the last few days. I'd love fsome feedback on a dose to keep him steady. Maybe somebody can spot something on the spreadsheet!Thanks a million!

Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
  2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Hi. Your spreadsheet says I need permission to see it. Being diabetic for that long I would think you could shoot a preshot of 142 but I would need to see your spreadsheet to be sure. You also would need to be able to monitor as long as necessary and have sufficient supplies including test strips, honey or syrup and mid carb and high carb food.

Adriana & Squirrel likes this.
  3. Adriana & Squirrel

Thank you so much ! Yes I'm well prepared to handle any hypo Episodes. I just don't want him to swing too high and too low, he's so bouncy, and I feel like the bouncing is more damaging at his age than a little bit of a higher number. At least from my experience! I shot him with 1.50. I probably could have held the dose at 1.75 but that would be a very long night for me! Im wondering what the heck I did to my spreadsheet. Let me try to fix it. Thank you so much ❤

Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
  4. tiffmaxee

I can see your spreadsheet now. You are changing the dose too often. If you want to try SLGS then stick with the 1.5 or1.75 for 7 days unless the bg drops under 90 and a reduction is earned. Since Lantus is a depot drug shooting less tonight is no guarantee he won’t stay high enough tonight. The depot from the 2.0 could be influencing tonight’s cycle.

5. Adriana & Squirrel

And this is precisely why I joined! I thank you so much! I never really had a protocol for all these years I referenced from fdmb and did the best I could based on experience. But i believe every day should be a school day, and with ckd thrown into the mix as well as hyper t, I need this now more than ever. Thank you!!!

6. tiffmaxee

I hope we can be of help to you.