1 unit to 0.5 unit - what do I do if +6 is low again?

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Michelle & Prudence, Mar 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michelle & Prudence

Michelle & Prudence Member

Prudence
    amps 367
    +2 294

I will take again at +4, but if she drops below 80 again like yesterday... what do I do? I just wanted to post this ahead of time in case no one is on msg board at my +6 reading (4 hours from now).

Thank you for all of your help :YMHUG:

2. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

Unless you are using a meter specifically for cats (which most people don't), #s above about 50 are generally safe #s, although there can be variation by meter. Do you have another cat (civie, not a sugarcat!) you can test with your meter? I have found that useful as a way to get a sense of what # is a good one on my meter (my civie tested 54).

Also, if you haven't already, go to Health and print out the post on how to treat Hypos. I'll pop over there in a minute & make sure it's bumped up. That gives you detailed info on what to do at what #s, when to worry, how often to retest, etc.

If you see a # above 50 or 60 around +6 and she is acting fine I wouldn't worry too much - just let her eat some to be on the safe side. If the #s drop below that, or if you see a low # at +4, then you might want to give a small amount of high carb food (but don't overdo it!), and keep retesting and feeding if needed until she is past peak and her #s are rising again. And then you would want to drop the dose further starting with the next shot.

If you see #s that are worrying you, please post on Health to get immediate help through any crisis!!!! There is almost always someone there, or on Community who can assist.

3. Michelle & Prudence

Michelle & Prudence Member

Thank you Joanna! Yes, I've already printed the Hypos info and have what I need in case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.