? 10/1 Mo - AMPS 365, PMPS 356 - Ideas as to why Mo's BG went down after vet visit last week?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by katy and mo (GA), Jan 9, 2021.

1. katy and mo (GA)

katy and mo (GA) Member

So after yesterday's debacle with Mo being aggressive at test time, we've decided that now we are on day 4 of his increase to 8 units, we will only test at AMPS and PMPS. I believe that Mo is upset with us for hurting him constantly. At this point I just want him to be happy.

If the vet can't figure out why he's not responding to insulin, we may not be able to afford the tests in the next couple of months to look any further. We are trying to save for our wedding and we've just bought a house and two cars in the last year. Money is tight. We might just have change his insulin and see if that helps. If not then I don't know :( Hopefully the vet will be able to give me a ball park figure of how much it's going to test him for Acro/IAA from NZ.

Hope you're all doing well.

2. katy and mo (GA)

katy and mo (GA) Member

Also, does anyone has any explanation why he gave us lots of yellows after his vet visit last week and now he's going back up? They fed him M/D biscuits while he was there, so I figured that would make him go up. We didn't test him after he got home because he was so stressed - we knew he would be high. Maybe he was happier because he was left alone so his blood sugar went down?

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Some cats go lower at the vet - my girl did, but it didn't last more than the cycle. I doubt that leaving him alone would have that much of an impact. Going lower on a dose initially, then never going that low again is a characteristic of some types of insulin resistance.

To answer your question of yesterday, I can't point to papers showing that Lantus stings in some cats. But you can find the same said for people taking Lantus.

katy and mo (GA) likes this.
  4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

5. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Luci goes low every time after she comes home from the vet - it doesn't last - but it's always refreshing to see! I never quite understand it though...maybe she's just so relieved to get home?

Hang in there...hope you find the answers soon!

6. katy and mo (GA)

katy and mo (GA) Member

It's super interesting! Maybe I should take him to the vet all the time...he would love that :blackeye:

Sue and Luci likes this.