10/10 Blaze update

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Blaze and Paola, Oct 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blaze and Paola

Blaze and Paola Well-Known Member

@Critter Mom @Red & Rover (GA) @tiffmaxee

Hi everyone,

Just a quick message to say hi and tell you we miss you.

Blaze is doing great, he is eating well but I had to reduce the DM to just 1/4 of the amount he gets for food because the other 3/4 is FF pate. He won't eat just the DM. Vet is still adamant about that but I am doing what works for Blaze...he eats the FF happily and regularly. Plus, I don't see that much of a difference in the 2 foods...DM and FF are both Purina. Blaze and Ash favourite FF flavour is 4% carb anyways. I think we are good.

(vet doesn't know that yet....o_O but for now I need Blaze to gain a little weight...I can still feel his bones when I pet him).

For those of you celebrating Thanksgiving I wanted to wish a peaceful and safe one.

I will be celebrating alone because I don't want to risk joining my 4 cousins, 2 of which are over 70 years old since I am a teacher and front line with public exposure).

I wanted to say that I am grateful for this board and for the help Blaze and I have received here. I am grateful for my beautiful boys Blaze and Ash. Even though we face health challenges (Diabetes and Policythemia) we have each other and the love in my home is always alive.

Sending hugs to all the kitties that belong to the loving people of this board...:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::cat::cat::cat::cat:

2. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

:bighug: Lets hope people wise up and start doing the work we need to get over this pandemic.
    KEEP UP THE GOOD FIGHT
    We all are amazed at our front line workers and PRAY for their safety.
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR BRAVERY
    jeanne

3. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Happy Thanksgiving! I’ve had to miss all celebrations since the pandemic started so I know how you feel. :bighug:

I’m glad the boys are doing well. No need to tell your vet what you are feeding. As long as the boys are doing well he will assume you are and we all know there’s nothing magical about DM. it can be purchased on line and at some pet stores so this is one time what yiur vet doesn’t know won’t impact your cats.

Enjoy your holiday in whatever way you can and I assume some time with your bf and boys.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
  4. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Paola! :bighug:

Belated Thanksgiving greetings! Sorry for not replying till now. I've been a bit hit and miss here at the moment because I've got a stinking cold that I just can't seem to shake.

Glad to hear that Blaze and Ash are doing so well. Hopefully Blaze will regain the weight he needs quickly.

Please take care and keep safe. And if ever you fancy pitching in to help others here jump on in. :)

(((Paola, Blaze and Ash)))

:bighug::bighug::bighug:

Mogs

5. Blaze and Paola

Hi Mogs,

So nice to hear from you.

These past couple of days have been stressful because Ash has been sick.

We are going to the vet tomorrow :(

I will check the posts here for sure and will jump in to help if my experience can come in handy!

I will keep you posted on my little Ash...

Miss you :bighug::bighug:

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  6. tiffmaxee

I’m sorry to hear about Ash. I hope it’s not serious. :bighug:

7. Critter Mom

Oh, Paola!

I'm so sorry to hear Ash is feeling poorly. Sending prayers that all will be OK.

(((Ash)))

:bighug:

Mogs

8. Critter Mom

Hi Paola,

Just a quick note to ask how you're all doing and to send more prayers and :bighug::bighug::bighug:.

Mogs

9. Blaze and Paola

Leaving home in 30 min...drive will be 25 min....I gave him a calming pill. But he will be terrified. Hate these trips.
    Will let you know how it went when we are back :bighug:

10. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

best wishes!

Blaze and Paola likes this.
  11. Critter Mom

Drive safe, Paola. More prayers for all of you on the way.

Mogs

12. tiffmaxee

13. Blaze and Paola

Ok...the way there was challenging but we made it.
    The vet is running a full senior wellness blood work on him...checking liver, kidney, thyroid functions, blood counts etc...you name it.
    I basically noticed a change in him this past week or so....he started to drink a lot, big pees too, lethargic, not eating much and he was hiding in the basement. He vomited 4 times in 2 days and had diarrhea.
    His sugar was great....i tested him. But for the rest i had no idea what was happening so i called the vet and we booked him in.
    Diarrhea and vomit has now stopped and he started to eat again today. But strangely he put on weight since last month 0.6 KG (1.3 pounds).
    Not sure if the chemo meds are causing this but we will get to the bottom of it.
    Blaze is being such a good brother...he licked him and made him feel better when we got home.
    He probably senses his bro was in distress today.
    Blaze is still doing great...paws and fongers and toes are still crossed.
    I will keep you posted when i get Ash's results.
    :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

14. tiffmaxee

15. Critter Mom

Hi Paola,

Sorry I didn't reply sooner, but I'm feeling really sick (only up to give the Noodle her meds).

Keeping fingers and paws crossed that the vet will pinpoint what's up with Ash and that it's something easy to treat. I'm glad to hear Ash is eating better today.

Ahhhhhhh! :cat:

Keeping you all in my prayers.

Mogs

Blaze and Paola likes this.
  16. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

17. tiffmaxee

More :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug: from me!

18. Blaze and Paola

Thank you :bighug::bighug::bighug:
    Vet has not called yet...
    I hope you feel better soon Mogs :bighug:
    Will post when he calls

19. Critter Mom

:banghead:

Had hoped the vet would have called you by now. I feel for you because I know how hard the waiting is... :nailbiting:

Still got the cold but at least my tummy's not so bad today.

Hope your day goes as well as possible under the circumstances, Paola.

Mogs

20. Blaze and Paola

Hi everyone,

My day was really busy today at work...I just got home, I tested Blazey boy and feed them.

Vet called me at lunch, he said that all of Ash's tests came back perfect. At this point, he is thinking he might have a UTI but we were not able to get a pee sample because when he went to the vet he had an empty bladder. So we don't know for sure.

He will give me some antibiotics for him to take over 5 days. He said that they will not harm him if he does not have a UTI but they will help him if he does.

I will get the antibiotics tomorrow during my lunch. At least all of his organs are working perfectly and the chemo meds are still very well balanced and I can continue with those like I have been for the past 4 years.

I am happy his kidneys and liver and thyroid and everything else he checked is perfect.

I am not sure at this point but his vomiting has finished, his diarrhea has finished too...he still drinking a lot and peeing a lot but other than that he is ok. His weight is fine too.

Fingers crossed we are out of the woods now with both cats.

I hope your tummy feels better Mogs and thank you all for asking about Ash.

We are ok, I am just moving forward despite the challenges but here I am and kicking!

Have a great rest of the day, I need some couchie and blankie and kitty time now...:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

tiffmaxee and Critter Mom like this.
  21. Critter Mom

Hi Paola,

Had hoped to reply to you yesterday but things went a bit pear-shaped with Patty and Blue last night (major issues re vet's approach to FD treatment, but Blue's back home safe, thankfully).

I'm pleased and relieved to hear that Ash's vomiting and diarrhoea seems to have subsided (anti-jinx!), and it's great that his labs came back perfect and all's good with the chemo meds. Fingers and paws crossed that the antibiotics will deal with any UTI possibly present. I sincerely hope that they don't upset his tummy: the Noodle hasn't produced a solid stool in a fortnight since she was started on her second course of amoxycillin. I've had to treat her for the past few days with kaolin-probiotic paste. She's OK being pilled but she despises being gunged. (((Lúnasa)))

Still got the cold but tummy's better than it was (felt so bad the other night!).

And a big AMEN! to that. :)

Heaven. :cat:

Hope your day's going well, Paola. Sending scritches for your beloved boys and :bighug::bighug::bighug: for you.

Mogs

22. tiffmaxee

I’m liking that update. :bighug:

23. Blaze and Paola

I hope the kitties are better Mogs, it is so hard when they are sick...

The amount of love they give us is incredible, I wish I spoke cat language to understand exactly what they feel when they are sick, wouldn't that be amazing?

:bighug::bighug:

24. Critter Mom

It would be wonderful indeed, Paola. Alas, they can't so I've ended up with an appreciation for the litter box that passeth all understanding. [​IMG]

How's Ash doing today? And yourself and Blaze? His numbers are good.

:bighug:

Mogs

Red & Rover (GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.