10/10 Chino|AMPS=261|+9=91|PMPIDS=167|+2=407|+4=384

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Adrian and Chino, Oct 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adrian and Chino

Adrian and Chino Well-Known Member

Yesterday...

I love Levemir. He went down to 53 yesterday, bounced for 1 cycle, then went down to 91 today! But I think I screwed up his PM shot and I'm not sure how bad the outcome will be. There was a little lump at the injection site (like you'd have on your arm after a PPD) so I think it was an intradermal injection. I'm not sure if this makes it only half effective, or if it will be entirely ineffective :( But I'm prepared to give a small dose of R if the +4 is higher than the +2.

PMPIDS = PMPIntraDermalShot

2. Chubba (GA)

Chubba (GA) Well-Known Member

Hmm ... I often see a very small lump for a second or two after giving Gizmo's shot. I assumed this was normal. I guess I better relook at my shot technique... again!:banghead: :bookworm:

ETA - Chino is sure looking good lately! Hope the shot is effective tonight.

3. Adrian and Chino

I've been Googling it and have found some interesting articles... It has been too long since I've had to cite one properly, so I'm copying and pasting and linking:

J Diabetes Sci Technol. 2014 May; 8(3): 453–457.
    Intradermal Insulin Delivery
    A Promising Future for Diabetes Management
    Michael Hultström, MD, PhD, Niclas Roxhed, PhD, and Lina Nordquist, PhD

This study was done w/insulin lispro...

Comparison between Intradermal and Subcutaneous Insulin Delivery Via a Novel Biphasic Model of Insulin Absorption
    Year: 2010
    Abstract Number: 525-P
    Author: MARC D. BRETON

I haven't been able to find anything yet that discusses the pharmacokinetics of a long-acting insulin injected intradermally.

4. Adrian and Chino

If it's gone after a second or two, it's probably nothing to worry about. If you've ever had the kind of TB test where the tuberculin PPD is injected just under the skin, that's the kind of lump I felt tonight.

Chubba (GA) likes this.
  5. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

Doodles would get the bump from time to time so I'd just avoid that area for a while and move his shot placement. Sometimes they develop scar tissue. Looking good Chino.

6. Adrian and Chino

+2 = 407. This is higher than he bounced from yesterday's 53. :(

7. Beenie (GA)

Beenie (GA) Well-Known Member

Sorry he bounced so high. Hopeful Chino will clear this bounce quickly. :bighug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.