10/10 Poopy +9.5 225, AMPS 168

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Teresa and Poopy, Oct 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teresa and Poopy

Teresa and Poopy Well-Known Member

10/9 thread

Goooood morning! :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

Nice to see a yellow 225 at +9.5 instead of the nasty pinks Poopy has been favoring after he sings the blues. :D I know Poop is due for a dosecrease but with his wild swings, especially into the low blues at AMPS and me having to be at work during the day, I've been putting it off. How do those that work do this? Shoot an increase then leave for work? nailbite_smile

Poop is taking advantage of the one P (Playing), running around the house, chasing shadows and Mia, attacking door jams and whatnot. The other 4 Ps are present as well. Poor Mia just doesn't know what to think of Poopy acting so young and vigorous. :lol:

Have a great day in Lantus Land! :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 10/10 Poopy +9.5 225

Yellow is definitely better than pink. Good luck deciding when to increase. It is frustrating to have to go to work when they need an increase or have a low AMPS.

3. knolet

knolet Well-Known Member

Good morning Teresa,

I was just thinking the same thing a couple of days ago. How do people work, and still handle the dosecreases, not to mention all the tests that they are able to get. I was looking at someone's sheet recently, and they are able to get at least 5 tests every cycle, but many times it was 8. I was amazed.

Zeus is in the same boat, he is due for an increase, but I worry about not being able to monitor it. I also wonder if there is something else going on.

Have a great day Teresa... And Poopy, lets see some blues today buddy.

Kathie

4. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

It is hard if you can't dash home at lunchtime/nadir :? You do want to be around to monitor an increase though - how about Friday PM?

5. Georgia and Simon (GA)

Georgia and Simon (GA) Well-Known Member

Simon is usually pink or high yellow in the AM and then will drop dramatically around lunch time. That is why I have stayed at his current dose for longer than I should. If I can't rush home at lunch to do a quick check, I am nervous throughout the day thinking that Simon is dropping and I don't know it. I definitely feel for you since you are in the same boat. The weekends are the best time to do a dosecrease since you can be home to monitor. Also, try to get a test before you step out the door to see if Poopy is dropping a little. Do you have an automatic feeder? I set mine to go off a few times a day spaced out so I know Simon will be eating.

Good luck!

6. Teresa and Poopy

Thanks, Carla. Juggling work and dosecreases...I see the theme of my life! :lol:

Kathie - one reason I am so glad I work so close to home. At least I can run home to test at least once a day. :smile:

Vyktor's Mom - I was thinking of doing the increase tonight as it seems he shows the progress a couple nights later. That would put it at Friday night. Now watch him react sooner. ohmygod_smile

Georgia - I do use the auto feeder. That's why he has food available from PS to +9.5 (unless they empty a well before it turns, which they do from time to time). I usually shoot just before leaving so the soonest I could get a reading is +2. The schedule seems to work most of the time so I can grab those +10 or +11 readings.

Juggling, juggling! :lol:

7. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Morning :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:
    I feel for all of you who have to shoot and go to work.
    I can only offer one thought and it requires thinking out of the box.
    I was having different problems with what I chose for my shot time ( 8am/8pm) which I really liked except for my husband always getting
    up so early ( he used to feed her in the mornings before FD).
    It took a while for me to realize I needed to change my time so she wouldn't get food right at 2.5 hrs before her am shot.
    I switched to adapt to him. (5:45 am/pm) I am able to get to +5 in the evenings and +2, or +3 when I have to get out early.

My point is to think about what time you would have to shoot to always be able to get at least that +2 before you have to go to work.
    Now for Teresa, I know you get that +11 since Poopy is being less predictable at the moment and you need to know if he's rising or dropping.
    The sticking point is giving up more sleep....
    But in my case, I just laid in bed worrying so I wasn't getting that sleep anyway.
    FD definitely requires a big sacrifice on it's "altar" .... sleep deprivation. @-)
    So that's my best suggestion, is think about how you could change your schedule so you always are able to get that +2 before leaving the
    house.

8. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Hi guys .. hmm .. the only thing I can offer in the way of advice is for "most" FD cats, it might take one to two cycles before a change in dose amounts shows up .. so if you could swap up the dose a day or two before the weekend, you might be able to get a better idea on what the cat will do with the new dose before the work week starts back up .. I really feel for those of you who have to leave the home to work .. just hang in there!!

9. Teresa and Poopy

+ 3.5 197
    +10 276

Rhiannon - I hear you. I used to shoot at 5:30, but getting home by that time wasn't always working as I do tend to work late rather often...and I couldn't get a +10 or +11 for AM or PM. With my medical issues, I must get my sleep at night or I end up flaring up and missing work (I miss enough to where I go through my annual sick leave in a few months). Missing days of work costs me money I can ill afford (as days off beyond sick leave has my pay docked). The plus side of shooting at 5:30 - I could get a +2 in the mornings...then hit the door running for work.

Sometimes I can come home early enough to get a +2 (taking a break at work) but sometimes it just isn't feasible (meetings, etc.) until later.

If I switch from 7-7 to 6-6, I can get a +11, or close to it before PMPS, but still wouldn't be able to get a +2 before needing to leave for work, and puts me at a rather odd time to try and come home to test (being right as the work day starts).

While the 7-7 isn't Poopy's favorite, I can get the +10/+11 fairly consistently, and can get a +2/3/or 4 fairly consistently. The 7-7 schedule seems to work the best for the best coverage overall.

Juggling FD is definitely not something for the weak, that's for sure!

Devon - I think I see in Poopy's spreadsheet (at least the last couple times I've increased) that it takes him until the 5th dose to react. If I shoot an increase tonight, hopefully it won't show too much until Friday night. (Knocking on wood here! :lol: )

10. Lisa & Leo

Lisa & Leo Well-Known Member

Wow - the working/FD Goddess balance is a tough thing. I'm shooting around 7:30/7:30. I am lucky enough to have some flex time at work, so I can stay around for a +2, but also get home later (after rush hour) to shoot in the evening, and sometimes get the +11. However, coming home from work for a nadir takes me 90 minutes. So I'm moving closer to work. Is that insane?!? For a cat!?!

Well, my life is already complicated as I live in NJ and work in MD and have an apartment in MD. My husband travels and we can't find an FD sitter, so Leo just started commuting with me a couple weeks ago. So I'm moving closer to work in a little basement apartment so I can run home from work any time during the day more easily. Oh boy. I'm sure my "solution" isn't something anyone would want to do, but with Leo bouncing and changing doses, yes, I'm scared to do the tight regulation correctly without making the move. This FD has made a big change in our lives, and we're still changing.

I guess I'm just agreeing with Rhiannon - that we all are praying at the altar of sleep deprivation trying to figure out how to keep our kitties safe. And carving out those bits of time at +11 and +2 are pretty good for knowing where the cycle will go. I make dose increases for Leo right at the start of the weekend - Devon made a good point - if Poopy takes a cycle or two to react to a dose change, then making the change on Thursday night or Friday morning would give you more "weekend time" to assess it.

Good luck. It's hard but we're all doing all we can for our darling kitties. Hang in there. cat_pet_icon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.