10/11/19 Olive AMPS 155; +4=157; PMPS 198; +4.5=155 Labs Posted. Photo

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Olive & Paula, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Yesterday. Caber Year 2 Day 6

I posted labs in ss tab. These are from IDEXX so I put the range underneath result. @Marje and Gracie if you could take a peek I would appreciate your input. Had to choose which to do cuz this vet charges a fortune. I chose to do kidney vs p'titis test this go round. The repeat IGF (she tripled the cost just for that test) I wont know until Monday evening as Dr is off today. I tried to bribe the office woman whom I got to know fairly well to sneak me a call or text but she wouldn't.

Yes I was up super late so I got a test. Was watching a show about the Hicks babies and it was interesting. Tonight is the final show about this horrible act by a doctor.

I was going to increase today but given her AMPS figured I'd wait and see if last night was food influenced or the high before the low. Tomorrow I start my 8 hr Saturday's now so if need be (probably will) I will increase Sunday.

Check out my sink, not at that price though. I did not get the norm that most do. But then this kitchen isn't the basic, that was one of the points when I started this. Of course I had to get the accessories (the racks) for it. Who would think a sink doesn't come with the drains!! Those you purchase separately and they are outrageous in price.

The tiles I have sample of are white or off whiteish. The sink Bisque pinks up the cream in the counter and the white/black octagon matte finish tile I'm leaning towards (of course it will go up on a angle, not that it's suppose to, so the 4 pieces form a diamond) pick up the white in counter top and the black for between the pieces will go with black ceiling fan and cabinet handles.
    The other is 1"x3" mini tiles, high gloss.

Give your opinions. The small marble square behind handle will be the new counter. Photo is a bit washed out though.

https://www.us.kohler.com/us/Langla...-sinks/423922.htm?skuId=388325&brandId=empty&

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
  2. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

I’ve got a full day but I have the time this evening to look closely at them. I hope that’s ok.

3. Olive & Paula

No problem. Dr said there's nothing to worry about. Blood in UA she said was because of cysto method.

Marje and Gracie likes this.
  4. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Love the tile choices, Paula :) You are moving full steam ahead :bighug: I like the mix of shapes but similar color ..that's going to look beautiful !

5. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

white/black. though if you could get cream/black to match sink, even better.
    other tiles are too busy.
    brick tiles = more cleaning

6. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

Love the vibe you're going to achieve with these kitchen tiles. I really love the countertop you've chosen and I agree it will look really nice with the sink. I think what you chose will look amazing, but for me i love the mini tile! it's nice and simple which will allow more attention to the beautiful countertop, provide an elegance to the room and balance with the sink. I agree with @Red & Rover (GA) though... they would be a total pain to clean :)

Olive isnt looking too bad this morning! Keep it up Ollie, lets see you make a trip to the lagoon :D

7. Olive & Paula

Didn't think the brick tiles would be hard to clean.....why?? Don't you just wipe across?

8. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

It is the black grouting between the bricks that would be hard - or maybe it is just one flat tile with no black indents?

9. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

I just think of all the nooks and crannys ... but if you kept on top of it it probably would be fine :)

10. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice start for Ollie. Glad you're making progress on your kitchen.

11. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

I LOVE the sink! I'm a big fan of the big Kohler porcelain over cast iron sinks! I've bought two of them...they wear very well. I went with porcelain tiles behind the sink, stove...the tile isn't bad, but the grout can stain...so I'm sometimes scrubbing on it...even though there is a sealer...the heavy granite caused it to 'pull away' in places so we've had to have some repairs. In Florida I went with an all granite solid backsplash- very easy to clean. My sis in law had the glass tiles installed...the small ones - it's gorgeous...but it's YOUR kitchen so you have to go with whatever gives you the 'WOW, I love that!'

And, yep, I know what you mean about the drains, etc. The sink is just that.. a sink...I had the same experience with the bathroom renovations...those fancy sinks I like don't come with drains either...and the faucets I bought for her - ouch...they come separately too - and I don't mean from the sink...the spout was separated from the 'mixer' which goes behind the wall...why would anyone buy a spout that didn't come with a mixer (mixes the hot and cold water when you turn the handle)...

Best to you on this endeavor. I'm sure you'll love whatever you choose!

12. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Very nice! I like the sink! I would go with the white/black tiles personally.
    Nice flat cycle for Olive so far!

13. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Paula, I love the sink are you getting cream or white? And what color are your cabinets? Also love the counter.

14. Olive & Paula

Cabinets are light hickory, shown in pic behind tiles. Sink is bisque.

Sonia & Leo and Sue and Luci like this.
  15. Olive & Paula

@Sue and Luci .

Makes no sense to not have mixer. Hope mine isn't that way, saleswoman didn't say anything.

I always thought I wanted glass tile when I first started thinking about it. But the area is to big and would be to much for my "farmish" rustic kitchen. Maybe in suburbia or city, but out of place in the woods with cows.

Never thought of different color grout. Maybe a grey or something in the brown family.

Sonia & Leo likes this.