10/11 Chino|AMPS=310|+8=116|PMPS=379|+2=412|+4=343

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Adrian and Chino, Oct 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adrian and Chino

Adrian and Chino Well-Known Member

Yesterday...

Chino's BG was 166 at +10. I considered giving 0.25 or 0.5 units of R, but I've never given R for anything less than 300. It looks like the quicker he drops, the quicker he bounces... The next time his +10 is above 150 and higher than his nadir, I might try 0.5 units to see where it takes him.

2. Beenie (GA)

Beenie (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Chino clears the bounce fast!:bighug:

So can you tell me a little about R? I know is fast acting but I assume its duration is short. How short? Do its affects wear off as quick as an hour? Just for my own edification.:bookworm:

3. Adrian and Chino

For Chino, the onset of R is at +2. He got a good 3 hours duration most of the time when he was on Lantus, but since switching him to Levemir, R seems to have a shorter duration (around 2 hours when given on the daytime cycle or at PMPS). I think 2-4 hours is typical duration, but I've only been using it w/him since 3/02. Timing it so that the R nadir doesn't overlap the L nadir is important. Chino also has a much more dramatic response to the same dose of R when he's coming down from a bounce. Tagging a few people with more knowledge and experience:

@julie & punkin (ga)
    @Wendy&Neko
    @Sandy and Black Kitty

4. Adrian and Chino

Talking about onset and duration, that's why I'd rather give it at +10 if his BG is rising, so it will limit how high he goes before the onset of the next dose of Levemir but will wear off by that time. My goal w/the dose I gave at PMPS is to keep him under 400 until the Levemir takes effect. When I gave it with Lantus, my goal was to lower his BG by no more than 100 mg/dL. A bigger/faster drop could trigger a bounce.

5. Beenie (GA)

Trying to make sure the nadirs don't overlap could be tough I imagine for some kitties. I've seen some SS's that I can't figure out a pattern as to onset and nadir as it appears it changes sometime daily. Although most of those SS's are low dose kitties that wouldn't have a need for R anyway.

6. Beenie (GA)

makes sense!

7. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

The typical R onset is +2 and nadir +4. Neko didn't like being typical, both were later for her. Meant timing was more "interesting". The guideline for R is you don't want to pull the numbers down more than 100 points and no big drops at once.

Beenie (GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.